Cooking with, or eating something cooked in alco-ma-hol

Tephrochr

Alcohol evaporates very quickly. Assuming that it's been cooked properly, there shouldn't be any actual alcohol in it. This means that it should be fine.

Of course, Chocolate Liqueurs are not included in this.

Steak and Ale pie, however, should be.

Well - no.

If you want all the alcohol to cook off, you'll need a very long time.

Of course consuming a little alcohol is kinda sorta like obeying the Word of Wisdom, so it's all good, right?

Does alcohol burn off in cooking?

Of course consuming a little alcohol is kinda sorta like obeying the Word of Wisdom, so it's all good, right?

That's what I was thinking, because the Word of Wisdom was adapted for "the weakest of all saints," so if we don't consider ourselves weak (not just 'cause we're full of pride, haha), then cooking with or consuming a little alcohol shouldn't be "bad." Although, we might hit a snag going in for a temple recommend interview when we're asked if we obey the Word of Wisdom. "Kinda sorta," might not cut it in that scenario...

Guest mysticmorini

the amount of alcohol you consume with extracts or foods cooked in alcohol is insignificant. in fact most people dont realize how many different things contain small amounts of alcohol. OJ for instance contains .03% alcohol. now how many people are going to stop drinking OJ?

yall have convinced me, next time i have a recommend interview i'm going to confess my use of flavored extracts to cook with. sigh i tried so hard to do right, i bought vanilla that was clean, who knew about the mint and orange.

Vanilla is one of those dependable flavors, always there for you. Mint and orange, they try to beguile you with their non-vanillaness and the prospect of something new and exciting but in the last day they will not support you. :D