this thread's been a long time coming... steady dating.

PrinceofLight2000

Okay then. Well in a simple discussion you will get a variety of responses. From personal opinion to links to talks given by General Authorities. That would be gathering data.

I see we've had a lot of passive readers in here, I've been watching the members and guests list. lol. Also, my other thread is lonely. Can I give it a plug or is there a rule against that?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha. YOU MEAN PAM GROUNDED ME???? oh what ever will I do, confined to my room because I'm a wee lil 19 year old? :eek:

Well I'm a mother of two 19 year old sons. I know all the tricks. :P

Hahaha. YOU MEAN PAM GROUNDED ME???? oh what ever will I do, confined to my room because I'm a wee lil 19 year old? :eek:

Better grounded than excommunicated (i.e. banned). :lol:

And for what it's worth, I've posted on other boards just to vent or ask questions or whatever and had people misconstrue it as asking for advice, then getting mad when I try to explain that I'm not looking for advice. Sometimes it's just hard to tell via the written word alone.

And of course, when it's in the Advice Board.... ;) But you've already gone over that.

Well I'm a mother of two 19 year old sons. I know all the tricks. :P

I've tried telling my almost 18-year-old daughter that, but of course it's SO DIFFERENT from when I was her age and she's SO MUCH WISER AND MATURE than I was! :rolleyes:

Okay I've gone through this thread. The way I see it, a mind has been made up. Whether or not anyone posts their opinions on the subject or provides links to talks by GA's, the mind is made up.

It's already been posted that an "exception" has been made by God. Okay fine. If that is how the OP feels that's awesome and it's your life.

It's not just this post but I see this time and time again. People ask for thoughts and advice. When said thoughts and advice are given there is always a reason why it doesn't apply to them.

Just my 2 cents.

Great point, Pam. This is something that has been bugging me about the forums on LDS.net. Since most of us assumedly are LDS, I don't understand why people post that they are exceptions to the council of the prophet and then get so irritated when I or other people disagree.

Great point, Pam. This is something that has been bugging me about the forums on LDS.net. Since most of us assumedly are LDS, I don't understand why people post that they are exceptions to the council of the prophet and then get so irritated when I or other people disagree.

You can disagree all you want, but it won't matter much because

a. I've received a witness on it from Heavenly Father.

b. No one here really knows me all that well to judge even if the above wasn't the case.

Let me just say though that no one in my ward has cautioned me about it, not even my bishop, any of the leadership, or my own mother. I would imagine that's because they know me well enough to know that I can be in a successful, mature relationship and be worthy at the same time. So if my word's not good enough, add all theirs to the list.

Edited by PrinceofLight2000

You can disagree all you want, but it won't matter much because

a. I've received a witness on it from Heavenly Father.

b. No one here really knows me all that well to judge even if the above wasn't the case.

Let me just say though that no one in my ward has cautioned me about it, not even my bishop, any of the leadership, or my own mother. I would imagine that's because they know me well enough to know that I can be in a successful, mature relationship and be worthy at the same time. So if my word's not good enough, add all theirs to the list.

Prince,

That's fine. I'm still not understanding your point of posting this on the internet at all. You have made your decision and from what I get, you don't want people to judge you? Then why open up your life for examination? Especially since no one in your ward or family has a problem with it.

Plus, if you received your own witness, that is something that usually you should not share with the general public, but keep private and sacred to you.

Unless the Holy Ghost is prompting you to tell someone about a sacred, spiritual witness you have had, then usually it is best to keep it to yourself.

Hidden

I'm posting for the sake of discussion? It really doesn't bother me that much, or, you're right, I wouldn't have posted it.

I was prompted to share it so that it would avert any further misunderstanding. Aside from that, we're discussing church topics after all. It's not like I go around to all my other online places talking about it unless I'm having a private discussion with someone about the gospel already.