Is Anyone Going To See The Passion Of Christ Movie

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by lindy9556@Feb 29 2004, 09:53 PM

Peace,Feb 29 2004, 05:09 PM

those things that the Lord wants us to have, that will get the greatest opposition.

Peace~ That is like a light going off in my head!

In fact the amount of opposition makes me even more sure it is a precious gift from the Lord

Another light! I wondered for the longest time why I was so adament about not giving up my faith in the church with so much pressure and opposition in my life.

You gave me a couple of things I can carry with me thru my ever day life.... :)

Thank you .....again!

Cool. :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw it yesterday. Thought it was a good representation of the crucifixion ritual. It's about time somebody thought to make the crufifixion seem like a bad thing. The only way you can find the anti-semetism is if you have a persecution complex.

Tr2.

Your right there. you cant candy coat the truth.

Franken if you have a sensitive side, you will be shocked by the movie, and I am sure you might want to think about your mother.

I would never take my mother, as I am sure my son thought that in the middle of the move.

I would not change the fact I saw it but I would never see it again. Its one of those movies that hit home so hard you never have to see it again.

Make sure before you take you mom and dad they do there home work, like I did. I went in with my eyes open and a lot of Kleenex.

Originally posted by Winnie G@Mar 1 2004, 07:23 AM

Tr2.

Your right there. you cant candy coat the truth.

Franken if you have a sensitive side, you will be shocked by the movie, and I am sure you might want to think about your mother.

I would never take my mother, as I am sure my son thought that in the middle of the move.

I would not change the fact I saw it but I would never see it again. Its one of those movies that hit home so hard you never have to see it again.

Make sure before you take you mom and dad they do there home work, like I did. I went in with my eyes open and a lot of Kleenex.

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I guess I'm not yet really sure if I want to go, I don't know if I could take the gore. Something my sister said last night kind of changed my mind about wanting to see it and why I wanted to. I asked her if she wanted to see it and this was her reply,

"I don't need to see a movie of what is already in the scriptures to strengthen my testimony."

That just made me think why I wanted to go, and I found out I didn't really have a reason. Without a reason, I don't think I should go.

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I guess I'm not yet really sure if I want to go, I don't know if I could take the gore. Something my sister said last night kind of changed my mind about wanting to see it and why I wanted to. I asked her if she wanted to see it and this was her reply,

"I don't need to see a movie of what is already in the scriptures to strengthen my testimony."

That just made me think why I wanted to go, and I found out I didn't really have a reason. Without a reason, I don't think I should go.

I will give you a heads up. This movie is the most extreme you have ever seen or imagined. remember when Saving Private Ryan and Braveheart took gore to the next level? This film does the same thing, but on a greater scale. I once attended a 2 hr session about the crucifixion ritual. We learned everything there is to know about what happened to people. Nothing caught me by surprise but visualizing what I knew was coming was still kind of extreme. I am also a 10+ yr paramedic who'se seen everything there is to see. Keep in the back of your mind that this will be the most violent thing you will ever see. But i do feel it is a good movie.

I just saw this movie this past weekend, and I think it’s great. I would have liked it better if Mel hadn’t used a woman to represent Satan, or personified evil, but that’s about my only complaint. Evil is not a person, and if you want to use a person to represent or say something evil, I think you should use Satan himself, and not one of his disciples. I also didn’t like the portrayal of how Judas saw children as demons, persecuting him to the point of making him want to commit suicide. I do agree that there were probably some evil spirits influencing him to do that, but those were only spirits, not physical children.

The violence wasn’t as bad as I was expecting to see, but of course it was still pretty bad. The scourging was the hardest part to watch, and the beatings he continually received from the Romans were hard to watch too, but it was all in keeping with what I expected to see from a people who enjoyed watching gladiators and Christians fight to the death in an arena.

My favorite parts were the parts showing:

Mary, the mother of Jesus, sensing where here son was held in chains by the Sanhedrin;

Jesus working as a carpenter, taking some pleasure in His work;

Jesus washing His hands before dinner, as His mother told Him to, and then playfully flicking the water on her to help Himself dry off;

How Mary, His mother, hurried over to help Him as a child after seeing Him fall down while climbing some steps, and how He received comfort from His mother;

How Jesus said to His mother, “Behold, I am making all things new”, in a way that seemed to show a sense of the satisfaction He felt by fulfilling the work He had to do;

How some people sensed there was something special about Him, just by watching Him;

How His body was reorganized during His resurrection, with all of His body seeming to join together with His spirit from wherever the body parts were. You do realize that some of His skin had been beaten off during the beatings, don’t you? I also sensed how there was probably an angel there during that time to give Him something to wear, and that it was probably one of the same angels who talked to Mary that morning.

As it was it was a masterpiece, and a pretty good representation of the way it really was.

If it hadn’t had those Evil persons that I mentioned, I think it would have been perfect.

Originally posted by Ray@Mar 1 2004, 05:31 PM

... and a pretty good representation of the way it really was.

You were there, were you? An opinion is one thing. If you liked the movie, think it was a "masterpiece," that's fine. But please don't mix your opinions with pure assertions. It's disconcerting, to say the least.

Originally posted by Ray@Mar 1 2004, 04:31 PM

I just saw this movie this past weekend, and I think it’s great. I would have liked it better if Mel hadn’t used a woman to represent Satan, or personified evil, but that’s about my only complaint.

That was a woman???????? Drat, now I am going to have to see it again so I can read the credits. I sure thought it was a pretty man.

I believe that just as there is a personification of Righteousness there must be a personification of Evil. I definitely feel that it is more than just random occurances, and if it is more than that, there must be a mind behind it.

Yes she was a women shaved bold right to the eye brows,

The idea was to be sexless but at the same time pretty enough to be tempting.

Mary was played by a Jewish women, She looked just like I would have imaged she would look like.

Mel Gibson did his homework all right when it came to the Crucifixion; the braking of the legs was how it was done to speed it up.

Most people that have done their homework can say “good representation of the way it really was”.

I too was disturbed by the use of children as demons but it got the point across. It came out of the mind of a Catholic so I am not surprised, the idea of little demons, why not use children.

The demon that came out of the rock wall made every one jump.

I know at that point it was going to be intense evening.

Ray did you catch the part about the Table?

During the beatings when Jesus looks around at the feet of the Romans around him, once it flashed back to washing the feet then he looked over and saw the Roman sitting at a table like the one his mother in so many words said it wont catch on.

The movie stays with you.

It made for a more thoughtful sacrament on Sunday.

Originally posted by Ray@Mar 1 2004, 05:31 PM

I just saw this movie this past weekend, and I think it’s great. I would have liked it better if Mel hadn’t used a woman to represent Satan,

The person who played satan was not a woman. Mel Gibson used an actor who is male to play satan. I never once thought satan was portrayed as female. I agree with the rest of your post Ray. This was a powerful movie. I hope Heavenly Father blesses Mel Gibson for this movie he has given to the world.

Guest bizabra
Originally posted by Behunin+Mar 1 2004, 09:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Behunin @ Mar 1 2004, 09:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 1 2004, 05:31 PM

I just saw this movie this past weekend, and I think it’s great.  I would have liked it better if Mel hadn’t used a woman to represent Satan,

The person who played satan was not a woman. Mel Gibson used an actor who is male to play satan. I never once thought satan was portrayed as female. I agree with the rest of your post Ray. This was a powerful movie. I hope Heavenly Father blesses Mel Gibson for this movie he has given to the world.

Sorry, Beh. Here's a link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0147988/

Rosalinda Celentano is her name.

Originally posted by bizabra+Mar 1 2004, 11:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bizabra @ Mar 1 2004, 11:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Behunin@Mar 1 2004, 09:16 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 1 2004, 05:31 PM

I just saw this movie this past weekend, and I think it’s great.  I would have liked it better if Mel hadn’t used a woman to represent Satan,

Then this ACTRESS was portraying a male being, satan.

Guest bizabra
Originally posted by Behunin+Mar 2 2004, 08:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Behunin @ Mar 2 2004, 08:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bizabra@Mar 1 2004, 11:04 PM

Yes, Satan/Lucifer IS male, and Mel was not trying to make a statement that he was female. He simply used an actor he thought had the right "look" he wanted. The actor was a woman, but the character is most obviously NOT!

Originally posted by bizabra+Mar 2 2004, 09:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bizabra @ Mar 2 2004, 09:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Behunin@Mar 2 2004, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by -bizabra@Mar 1 2004, 11:04 PM

Yes, Satan/Lucifer IS male, and Mel was not trying to make a statement that he was female. He simply used an actor he thought had the right "look" he wanted. The actor was a woman, but the character is most obviously NOT!

Yes, you said it much better than I!

(again, your writing skills are very good. Did you major in english?) :)

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Rodney+Mar 1 2004, 07:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodney @ Mar 1 2004, 07:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 1 2004, 05:31 PM

... and a pretty good representation of the way it really was.

You were there, were you? An opinion is one thing. If you liked the movie, think it was a "masterpiece," that's fine. But please don't mix your opinions with pure assertions. It's disconcerting, to say the least.

I don't know...Rodney....have you become the thought police here? I mean...I thought that we were allowed to post as we chose as long as we followed board policies and rules.

Now if you could just point me to the rule you stated above...in the rules of the board...i'll get off your backside....

Guest Starsky

Ray, Behunin, and Biz....I am getting so excited to see this movie...my dh is coming home early this week...(wed nigh) so we may be able to see it this week-end! Can't wait. :)

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 10:13 AM

Satan was created as an angelic being, therefore satan is neither male nor female. "he" is just in the context that we can understand more about "him".
LOL...angels are male and female. Have you ever met any?

Originally posted by Peace+Mar 2 2004, 11:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peace @ Mar 2 2004, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 10:13 AM

Satan was created as an angelic being, therefore satan is neither male nor female. "he" is just in the context that we can understand more about "him".

Big LOL! Not only are they both male and female, they DON"T have wings.

Peace, do you get weary stating the obvious?

You never cease to show me how idiocy doesn't have limits.

What basis do you have for stating this? Angels are spiritual beings without any physical bodies. Only two have been distinct, in the bible. And since the only thing we know about them are their names. You have no basis for saying they are male and female because there is nothing in the bible, that I have seen, to indicate such.

We are constantly given symbolic gestures to help us relate to heavenly beings, you just fail to distinguish that.

You are full of answers, it's just too bad none of them are right. Biblical discussion doesn't seem to be the right thing for you.