Is Anyone Going To See The Passion Of Christ Movie

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 02:42 PM

LOL...angels are male and female. Have you ever met any?

You never cease to show me how idiocy doesn't have limits.

What basis do you have for stating this? Angels are spiritual beings without any physical bodies. Only two have been distinct, in the bible. And since the only thing we know about them are their names. You have no basis for saying they are male and female because there is nothing in the bible, that I have seen, to indicate such.

We are constantly given symbolic gestures to help us relate to heavenly beings, you just fail to distinguish that.

You are full of answers, it's just too bad none of them are right. Biblical discussion doesn't seem to be the right thing for you.

Let try to get our points accrossed without name calling please.

Spencer

Originally posted by Tr2+Mar 2 2004, 11:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tr2 @ Mar 2 2004, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

You never cease to show me how idiocy doesn't have limits.

What basis do you have for stating this? Angels are spiritual beings without any physical bodies. Only two have been distinct, in the bible. And since the only thing we know about them are their names. You have no basis for saying they are male and female because there is nothing in the bible, that I have seen, to indicate such.

We are constantly given symbolic gestures to help us relate to heavenly beings, you just fail to distinguish that.

You are full of answers, it's just too bad none of them are right. Biblical discussion doesn't seem to be the right thing for you.

<!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@ Mar 2 2004, 11:42 AM

What basis do you have for stating this?

A lot of knowledge has been revealed through latter-day prophets and confirmed to be true by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Angels are spiritual beings without any physical bodies.

Says who? You’re speaking as someone who doesn’t accept latter-day revelation, Tr2. Those of us who do accept latter-day revelation from God know a whole lot more than you do.

Only two have been distinct, in the bible.  And since the only thing we know about them are their names, you have no basis for saying they are male and female because there is nothing in the bible, that I have seen, to indicate such.

You need to consider the fact that your knowledge is more limited that the knowledge of many latter-day saints, Tr2. This “we” you just referred to is only applicable to people whose knowledge is limited like yours.

There is a point missing here, was not Lucifer a son of God ? when the war in heaven happened, and two third’s of his followers were cast out with him?.

The term “him” was used.

In Mel Gibson’s film he wanted a nether sex type of person. He was interviewed on 20/20 about two weeks before the movie came out, Lucifer need to look A- feminist so to be tempting.

We need to remember that it was Gibson’s vision not ours.

Spencer its funny how well we got along wile you were gone, I think we can stick up for our selfs. B)

Originally posted by Peace@Feb 27 2004, 09:47 AM

Rodney...if you are going to be a bull in a china closet....you might just take it outside...where such belongs.

:lol: if a bull in a china closet takes it outside.....he won't be in the china closet any more... I don't get it :lol:

Originally posted by Winnie G@Mar 2 2004, 12:53 PM

Spencer its funny how well we got along wile you were gone, I think we can stick up for our selfs. B)

Even if Spencer was gone, the other moderators were here doing their jobs.

Maybe that is why we got on so well together. :o :) :ph34r:

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Behunin+Mar 2 2004, 11:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Behunin @ Mar 2 2004, 11:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Peace@Mar 2 2004, 11:54 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Mar 2 2004, 10:13 AM

Then this ACTRESS was portraying a male being, satan.

Satan was created as an angelic being, therefore satan is neither male nor female. "he" is just in the context that we can understand more about "him".

Big LOL! Not only are they both male and female, they DON"T have wings.

Peace, do you get weary stating the obvious?

Yeah...big time. :blink:

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by srm+Mar 2 2004, 01:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (srm @ Mar 2 2004, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Peace@Feb 27 2004, 09:47 AM

Rodney...if you are going to be a bull in a china closet....you might just take it outside...where such belongs.

:lol: if a bull in a china closet takes it outside.....he won't be in the china closet any more... I don't get it :lol:

LOL...Well a bull outside is worth none in the bush! :lol::P;)

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Jenda+Mar 2 2004, 02:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Mar 2 2004, 02:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Winnie G@Mar 2 2004, 12:53 PM

:ph34r: Exactly..

Guest bizabra
Originally posted by Behunin+Mar 2 2004, 08:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Behunin @ Mar 2 2004, 08:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bizabra@Mar 2 2004, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by -Behunin@Mar 2 2004, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by -bizabra@Mar 1 2004, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by -Behunin@Mar 1 2004, 09:16 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Ray@Mar 1 2004, 05:31 PM

I just saw this movie this past weekend, and I think it’s great.  I would have liked it better if Mel hadn’t used a woman to represent Satan,

The person who played satan was not a woman. Mel Gibson used an actor who is male to play satan. I never once thought satan was portrayed as female. I agree with the rest of your post Ray. This was a powerful movie. I hope Heavenly Father blesses Mel Gibson for this movie he has given to the world.

Sorry, Beh. Here's a link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0147988/

Rosalinda Celentano is her name.

Then this ACTRESS was portraying a male being, satan.

Yes, Satan/Lucifer IS male, and Mel was not trying to make a statement that he was female. He simply used an actor he thought had the right "look" he wanted. The actor was a woman, but the character is most obviously NOT!

Yes, you said it much better than I!

(again, your writing skills are very good. Did you major in english?) :)

Well, thanks again, Beh! No, I "majored" in LIFE! LOL! Although I do have a 2 year AS degree in Television Production, earned at our local Community College.

I just read a LOT! Always have. :)

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by Peace@Mar 2 2004, 09:13 AM

Ray, Behunin, and Biz....I am getting so excited to see this movie...my dh is coming home early this week...(wed nigh) so we may be able to see it this week-end!  Can't wait. :)

Can't wait for your reaction! I think I like the movie even better now that I have had time to ponder on it a bit.

It is a deeply emotional topic, eh?

Spirit bodies are real bodies, male and female.

So you have nothing of value to say.

A lot of knowledge has been revealed through latter-day prophets and confirmed to be true by the power of the Holy Ghost.

Your church has you wrapped around its finger. That whole statement is basically a statement saying you have no proof of anything.

Says who? You’re speaking as someone who doesn’t accept latter-day revelation, Tr2. Those of us who do accept latter-day revelation from God know a whole lot more than you do.

Luke 24:39 says that angels do not have bodies. But what does Jesus know?

You know more than me? When are you going to start showing me? You have a lot of opinions that are unfounded. You claim to have all this knowledge and understanding yet i don't see most of you as anything more than puppets of your church, who say exactly what you're told to say. And you, of all people, should not go around saying how much more educated you are than others. You need to prove this before you start bragging it.

Originally posted by Jenda+Mar 2 2004, 05:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Mar 2 2004, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Winnie G@Mar 2 2004, 12:53 PM

Agreed. Its a team effort. I try not to do anything without hearing input and thoughts of the co-moderators.

Spencer