What age for makeup?

funkenheimer

Commenting on zombie thread:

My sisters and I were not allowed to use make-up until jr. high. Or shave our legs or get contacts.

Entering 7th grade was an awesome time.

I'll probably be the same way with any theoretical daughters.

Wow. Thanks for sharing your experience but you weren't allowed to shave your legs either? I don't remember when I started doing that stuff but growing body hair could start at any age, and could make life hellish at school if you can't shave or wax it..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just strikes me a bit odd is all. I don't see anything wrong with it necessarily, I just didn't grow up with such restrictions. I know parents that won't entertain the idea of a bra until their child is obviously developing. For me, personally, I don't see any harm in buying a girl a beginner bra (even if she doesn't need it) to help with self-conscious issues (ie. feeling she needs to cover up her chest). It's just interesting how we all were raised differently :]

We only had one girl. The rule in our house was no makeup until Junior High and then only lip gloss and maybe Mascara. My daughter is a tom boy so she really didn't push the limits at all. She wore makeup to Prom when she was 16 and thereafter for special occasions.

I have no problem with a beginner bra when the child wants one. Shaving... well, when hair starts growing we shave it.