Which Religion Is Right For You?

Jason

We've all seen the Christian denomination test, but here's one for whether Christianity is even right for you!

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=10907

-------------------

My results:

Buddhism

Your beliefs most closely resemble those of Buddhism. Do more research on Buddhism and possibly consider becoming Buddhist, if you are not already. In Buddhism, there are Four Noble Truths: (1) Life is suffering. (2) All suffering is caused by ignorance of the nature of reality and the craving, attachment, and grasping that result from such ignorance. (3) Suffering can be ended by overcoming ignorance and attachment. (4) The path to the suppression of suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path, which consists of right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right-mindedness, and right contemplation. These eight are usually divided into three categories that base the Buddhist faith: morality, wisdom, and samadhi, or concentration. In Buddhism, there is no hierarchy, nor caste system; the Buddha taught that one's spiritual worth is not based on birth.

Buddhism 67%

Hinduism 67%

Paganism 63%

Satanism 58% (What the heck?!) :o

agnosticism 54%

Islam 46%

Judaism 33%

Christianity 29%

atheism 29%

I'm guessing I only scored 83% in Christianity because I don't always agree with Christians 100%.

Christianity 83%

Buddhism 50%

Islam 50%

Judaism 33%

Paganism 33%

Hinduism 0%

Agnosticism 0%

Satanism 0%

Atheism 0%

And btw, most of the questions were leading questions and very badly worded.

Heh, but what else would you expect from "experts". :)

You scored as agnosticism.

You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don't believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof). Agnosticism is a philosophy that God's existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism 92%

Buddhism 83%

Paganism 83%

atheism 75%

Satanism 42%

Christianity 38%

Islam 33%

Judaism 29%

Hinduism 17%

No surprises for me as far as being Agnostic is concerned. I tend to agree with Ray about the questions being rather loaded and difficult to answer in a straightforward manner without appearing to be either a believer or non believer of the truth of the statement, when you might be unsure...for instance, I found it difficult to answer the question regarding respecting God, because if I said no he shouldn't be respected I felt I might be doing wrong if he really existed, and yet not being sure if he really does exist would lead me to answering that he does not require respect if he really does not exist...I suppose I went for the middle ground in some of the replies for that reason.

It would appear that I am Christian.

Christianity 83%

Judaism 63%

Buddhism 58%

Islam 42%

agnosticism 38%

Paganism 25%

Hinduism 17%

Satanism 13% What the devil?

atheism 4%

It probably says I'm 13% satanism because I agreed that there is a such thing as evil and not just an imbalance. I, however, know this to be true because I have been tormented by evil spirits.

Uh-oh. I thought I was just having good self-esteem all these years, believing in the almighty power of me. These sorts of quizzes are awfully entertaining, though. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Jason.

Satanism 96%

agnosticism 79%

atheism 79%

Buddhism 58%

Islam 46%

Paganism 42%

Judaism 25%

Christianity 17%

Hinduism 4%

Sugar - that's not how the survey works. Satanism 25% means that according to the way this test scores, the respondant's beliefs correspond with roughly 25% of what Satanists believe. As several people have pointed out, however, the test is majorly flawed. One of its primary problems is the use of bundled questions - asking for a single response to a bundled group of concepts or ideas. Leaves the respondant in the compromising position of saying "I disagree" (even though there are parts I agree with) or "I agree" (even though there are parts that are wrong) or going middle of the road. Any way you slice it, the response does not accurately reflect the respondant's beliefs. Bundled questions can be the result of attempted manipulation of results: if I word it this way, more people will end up in this catagory, and then I can say, after 1000 people take the survey, that a higher percentage of people believe in X. Bundled questions also happen when the author(s) of a survey have too narrow a viewpoint and incorrectly assume that idea x and idea y are mutually exclusive (so they might ask "do you believe x or y?" when some people might believe both or niether).

Uh-oh. I thought I was just having good self-esteem all these years, believing in the almighty power of me. These sorts of quizzes are awfully entertaining, though. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Jason.

Satanism 96%

agnosticism 79%

atheism 79%

Buddhism 58%

Islam 46%

Paganism 42%

Judaism 25%

Christianity 17%

Hinduism 4%

OHHHHHHHHHH Charlie you little Devil LOL :devil: JK

Whats realy bad is i spelled Charlie wrong LOL and had to go back and edit LOL and i have a Kid named Charlie

You scored as Christianity. :D

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity 100%

Islam 58%

Judaism 42%

Buddhism 38%

Hinduism 13%

agnosticism 8%

Satanism 8%

Paganism 8%

atheism 0%

You scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity. Do more research on Christianity and possibly consider being baptized and accepting Jesus, if you aren't already Christian. Christianity is the second of the Abrahamic faiths; it follows Judaism and is followed by Islam. It differs in its belief of Jesus, as not a prophet nor historical figure, but as God in human form. The Holy Trinity is the concept that God takes three forms: the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost (sometimes called Holy Spirit). Jesus taught the idea of instead of seeking revenge, one should love his or her neighbors and enemies. Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross to save humankind and forgive people's sins.

Christianity

58%

agnosticism

58%

Buddhism

50%

Islam

46%

Judaism

46%

Satanism

42%

Paganism

38%

Hinduism

17%

atheism

8%

Ferrry, ferrry interestink... :P

You scored as Christianity.

Christianity 79%

Paganism 58%

Buddhism 54%

Islam 46%

Judaism 42%

agnosticism 25%

Satanism 21%

Hinduism 13%

atheism 0%

Christianity makes sense, but paganism? I would have thought Judaism, Taoism, or Buddhism. Must be my strong feelings about nature that did it. :)

I think the question which tilts it towards Christianity the most is "Is Jesus God?".

I know that I am not mormon but to believe that Jesus is not God is to think that the opening of the Gospel According to Saint John is incorrect.

For a long time I didn't believe Jesus was God. I was paying too much attention to "Son of God" rather than the actual meaning of that.

The trinity is an awkward thing to grasp and unless you are going to go through weeks and weeks of self debate and uncertainty (like I did) you are best just to accept what is written in the Gospel.

Jesus is not only of God but he is God incarnate. :D

Christianity 88%

Islam 42%

Judaism 42%

Buddhism 38%

Hinduism 17%

agnosticism 13%

Satanism 4%

Paganism 4%

atheism 0%

Well, I got a B+ in Christianity, and failed everything else. I guess I know which mansion I'm going to. B)

LOL i did the test and mine was way off I got judaism must of been that question is Jesus God LOL

Islam 67% :ahhh:

Christianity 58% :blush:

I've noticed a similarity between Islam and Mormonism. A young man goes to a cave and encounters a messenger of God. New Scripture and a new religion come out of the experience. There is initial violent rejection, but afterwards tremendous growth.

BTW, if Homeland security comes by to ask some questions, it wasn't me that tipped them off. :ph34r:

Boy Oaff....you're in the wrong, um, everything. :dontknow:

I think I read into things too much.

Ex. Is Jesus God.

I did not put 100% because to me that seems like a loaded question. To me it is different from "Is Jesus a God"

100% implies there are no other Gods, and I do not believe that. Also, 100%, to me, implies that I would believe in the Trinity.

As a result I was in the middle of the road for most.

• 4 weeks later...

you scored as Christianity.

Your views are most similar to those of Christianity.

Christianity

58%

Buddhism

54%

Islam

50%

Judaism

38%

Satanism

29%

Hinduism

25%

Paganism

21%

atheism

13%

agnosticism

8%

Whooo hoooo 58% Christian !!!!! There's hope for me yet!!! lol

I would rather switchy changy the Satanism and Hinduism though ;)