dreams, while your sleeping.

Roseslipper

Yes I believe that some dreams can be answers to prayer. I believe that our Heavenly Father will use whatever we are paying attention to to speak to us. How do I know when a dream is something spiritual? I test it through prayer and the power of the Holy Ghost.

I don't believe its a good idea to analyze each and every dream. Some are significant and most aren't.

I recently said it in another thread but, yes, dreams can be a medium through which the Lord speaks to us. Examples include Joseph while in egypt (the dream of Pharaoh), Lehi's dream, etc. I knew people on my mission whose answer came in the form of a dream, or a dream they had at some previous date. Not every dream, however is a revelation from the Lord. The majority of the time it is just a random firing of synapses in your brain. The Spirit is the only true form of dream interpretation. If a dream truly is from the Lord, and the Lord will provide an interpretation via the spirit.

My question is do you think that some dreams have a meaning behind it? Do you think some can be spiritual, or some a warming to you, or some just worldy? How do you know and understand your dreams?

they can.

Since i dont put too much on my dreams I doubt the Holy ghost would try too hard to communicate that way to me. (so mine are mostly worldly or weird)

Also some dreams are sent to comfort.

Guest BarcodeIIIlll

Hmm, well, im not sure if mine has a spiritual meaning, 3 nights ago i had a dream the school kinda got changed and abducted and the students were like slaves to the teachers

the night before last night i had a dream where these things kinda took over, and people were dieing and i got stabbed,

last night i had a dream i could transform into a man i did some seriously cool acrobatics moves, (it was actually cool) and i beat up a chav :P

ive had dreams where ive been a jewish person and repeatedly been shot by nazis

the weird thing is, in my dream, i can feel it O.o not the exact pain but i can definatly feel its happened in my dream

weird.

My fav are the dreams that I can fly. I don't have them much anymore but I remember them and it was so cool. They seemed to always begin when I jumped off something like my front porch which is only a few feet but instead of landing on the ground for some reason, which at the time I didn't feel like I was in control of it, I'd swoosh back up and it was then that I would realize I was flying. I would start at a lower altitude but when I got the hang of it could go slightly above the tree tops anywhere I wanted. I wonder why they stopped? I take dreams with a big grain of salt. Use or learn what I can from them and move on. There was only one other dream that I had right after my best buddy was killed in an automobile accident that was different than any other dream I've ever had, before then or since. That dream was more real than reality itself and is impossible to put into words because no words were spoken during that dream. A WHOLE LOT was said, but none by words from our mouths. More of a direct link from the other persons soul to mine and back allowing us to not only understand EXACTLY what was being communicated but in living color, emotions, smell and sound and much more that I don't understand. Almost like when they were saying it I was inside them feeling and understanding everything they were communicating. Mind blowing dream. No idea what it was. Could have been too many beans I ate the night before, don't know but it was life changing.

Dreams, if I understand it correctly, is the minds way of taking everything out of the cache and committing it to it's proper place in the brain. Sort of going back to an equilibrium. That said, there are dreams that are meant to communicate and teach us. These are the ones that make such an indelible mark as to be unforgettable. I believe there is a feeling that goes along with these dreams to let us know to pay attention.

At least that's been my experience.

I used to dream a lot. I suppose I still do dream but I'm just not as assertive to them. I find that I dream more when I'm in a manic state of mind, as opposed to being calm and relaxed. I take my dreams with a grain of salt.