Why am I getting Spam?

catalyst

Anytime you get one of these..check out this thread under admin alerts. If you don't see the name, send me a message and I'll take care of it.

http://www.lds.net/forums/lds-net-admin-alerts/26207-spam-love-scam-emails.html

And no it doesn't appear the majority are from Nigeria.

Anytime you get one of these..check out this thread under admin alerts. If you don't see the name, send me a message and I'll take care of it.

http://www.lds.net/forums/lds-net-admin-alerts/26207-spam-love-scam-emails.html

And no it doesn't appear the majority are from Nigeria.

Those poor Nigerians. I knew I should have helped free up that money. They could have built up their economy from the inside. Now all the entrepreneurs have had to leave the country to one more conducive to creative businesses.

I got one message on this site last night. It was from a girl that had both parents pass and she wants help freeing up $5,500,000 in Africa. She just wants me to help get the money and invest it here in the U.S. and she'll give me 2% of the outcome as a partner. That wasn't real?

I've had two separate incidences where I've been emailed by someone saying they read my profile and want to get to know me better-as in possible relationship. What is this all about?

First one was fati4u and the other I erased a while back :confused:

Have Nigerian scammers infiltrated this forum?

My first question would be, have you watched Monty Python recently?

"I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!!"

Guest xforeverxmetalx

I got one message on this site last night. It was from a girl that had both parents pass and she wants help freeing up $5,500,000 in Africa. She just wants me to help get the money and invest it here in the U.S. and she'll give me 2% of the outcome as a partner. That wasn't real?

Only 2%? I got an email like that and they offered me 30%. You got ripped off.

I think getting the scam email and having your identity stolen is something of a rite of passage in the modern age. I think I may be in the minority though, gauging by the way the gal from the bank reacted when she called and notified me. I take it people don't usually get excited in a happy way.