Now, You Tell Me That A Single Mingle Is No Pressure!

Okay, here's my thing. Is it just me or do LDS men...espcially RM's feel then need for marriage more than the single LDS Women! I mean, holy mother! It's like..you can't even look at them or even ask them to hang out w/o some sort of freak out run away "you're a sweet spirit" kind of response! Geeze men, A hang out date is NOT a marriage purposal! Personally this hasn't happened to me (yet) but i've seen it soooo many times! Can't men and women just hang out w/o pressure like this? Also..expand your horizons...hang out w/ different people..you never know what they can teach you..mena hang out w/ random good LDS women, and likewise. Also, what's with all this young single BYUI/BYU talk of "ring by spring" wow. It's just way too intense for me!

Okay, here's my thing. Is it just me or do LDS men...espcially RM's feel then need for marriage more than the single LDS Women! I mean, holy mother! It's like..you can't even look at them or even ask them to hang out w/o some sort of freak out run away "you're a sweet spirit" kind of response! Geeze men, A hang out date is NOT a marriage purposal! Personally this hasn't happened to me (yet) but i've seen it soooo many times! Can't men and women just hang out w/o pressure like this? Also..expand your horizons...hang out w/ different people..you never know what they can teach you..mena hang out w/ random good LDS women, and likewise. Also, what's with all this young single BYUI/BYU talk of "ring by spring" wow. It's just way too intense for me!

Hi Miss_Krystal,

It's probably from the final lecture the future RM's get during those last weeks of their mission - "Now you must look for your eternal mate". It's seems some take it to heart and it's probably hard for some to break the "obey" mind-set from mission life. It will take some of them time to realize they can make their own decisions for their future.

M.

• 1 year later...

I'd like to just hang out with you. never went on a mission, but i can imagine what it would be like to come home from a mission and expect girls to want to get married right away. you have to take into consideration these return missionarries have been deprived of being with a girl/woman for so long that i would think most would want to get married right away. the thing that i think with that is that these people don't even reallly know each other and i guess there would be a divorce very quickly down the road. you would not believe the crap i got for not going on mission. i was treated like an outcast. it is probably why i am still inactive for about 13 years. not proud of it... it is just how i was treated... it is wrong and i am left bitter still. i am a very spiritual person too. the Lord knows why i have not come back.

Krystal... if i were you. in your future "hanging out withs" future i would just tell the guys hey can we just hang out with no pressure of getting to serious about the future ??? cool, i need your opinion on some things...

it is so refreshing to know that you are not a "molly mormon" type. i do understand that most are brainwashed into thinking a certain way. i was born into the church but about 20 years ago my life was not that great and I had a very hard time with reality and did things i was not supposed to do like drugs and alcochol. i have been drug free for about 14 years now. my life has changed for the better... still single but my last relationship lasted 4 years and then this girl went crazy arghhhh so i left her after breaking up with her for 3 times. seems i am a pycho girl magnet. arghhh... why can i not find a normal girl ???? ok I'll stop venting and ranting on... how was you day ??? lol...

Krystal... I am not an RM, but when iwas living in UT and dating..I had chicks tell me the names of the kids they want to have what temple they were getting married in before the doggone appitzer hit the table

I had another chick tell me she loved me liek a week in.....

In my world a date is a get to know you type thing, especially lunch, but when i asked a chick out to llunch she took it as me wanting to book a temple....from my observagtions the mid 20s chicks are like really desperate and really scary....

I'd like to just hang out with you. never went on a mission, but i can imagine what it would be like to come home from a mission and expect girls to want to get married right away. you have to take into consideration these return missionarries have been deprived of being with a girl/woman for so long that i would think most would want to get married right away. the thing that i think with that is that these people don't even reallly know each other and i guess there would be a divorce very quickly down the road. you would not believe the crap i got for not going on mission. i was treated like an outcast. it is probably why i am still inactive for about 13 years. not proud of it... it is just how i was treated... it is wrong and i am left bitter still. i am a very spiritual person too. the Lord knows why i have not come back.

The people in the church are not perfect but Heavenly Father's plan is.