Cuteness in Relationships

slamjet

Maybe I'm waxing sentimental today, but I was thinking about my ex and the experiences we've had together. One such is thus:

Not to long ago, my ex had a friend who moved and gave her a fish tank (fish, filter, the works). A few weeks afterward, I get a phone call from her because she was having trouble keeping the fish tank clean. I ask her the usual, filters, how often she cleans it, why is the plecostomus not doing it's job, etc. She later went to a fish store to get advice. The fish store tells her to stop feeding the fish so much. I asked her how often she fed the fish?

Her: "Everytime I walk by."

Me: WHAT?!? "You can't feed the fish that much, why are you doing that?"

Her: "They look hungry."

Me: :confused::confused: "How do fish look hungry?"

Her: "Everytime I walk past them, they swim up to the glass and look at me. They look hungry."

Me: *silent facepalm*

My pragmatic, level-headed, common-sense ex. It was so cute.

Got any cute, goopy, relationship storied?

Edited by slamjet

Guest mormonmusic

My daughter told me she felt sick to her stomache. I asked her what she ate. She said "I cooked up some egg whites". I went to the egg whites and poured them into a pan. I could tell they had gone bad -- they looked awful.

She replied "They were bad????? Oh, THAT'S why they were green!".

She's usually very bright, but at 11 years old, I guess she was learning that things turn green when they are bad and you don't eat them!!!!

She didn't get very sick -- never mentioned it after that.

My boyfriend is cute, does that count?

Yea, looking cute is one thing, but in every relationship there is a moment where one does or says something so off the wall that it will forever be endearing.

I dunno, I guess I'm in a sappy mood or miss having companionship. Either one will do it to me :)

Had a couple cute moments with my first boy friend, though to be honest i think we had more cute moments before we started dating.

The weekend before we started dating we went and saw UP. I'd been laughing at the previews be cause of the ADD dog that reminded me of him. Well we got to that part of the movie and i tickled him and pointed from him to the screen and he laughed and asked who i reminded him more of the kid or the dog. I told him i thought he was a nice mix of the two and tickled him again. He took a few minutes to think then put his arm around me and said " yeah, that's ok cause you're exactly like the old guy" Great day out. Told him i loved him 3 days later and the look on his face was pretty cute, took him 5 months of prodding to get it out of me, lol the look on his face was so worth the wait lol.

Had a couple cute moments with my first boy friend, though to be honest i think we had more cute moments before we started dating.

The weekend before we started dating we went and saw UP. I'd been laughing at the previews be cause of the ADD dog that reminded me of him. Well we got to that part of the movie and i tickled him and pointed from him to the screen and he laughed and asked who i reminded him more of the kid or the dog. I told him i thought he was a nice mix of the two and tickled him again. He took a few minutes to think then put his arm around me and said " yeah, that's ok cause you're exactly like the old guy" Great day out. Told him i loved him 3 days later and the look on his face was pretty cute, took him 5 months of prodding to get it out of me, lol the look on his face was so worth the wait lol.

Wait.. Is "UP" that animated film? That movie made me cry and cry and cry.. But it had a fantastic ending!

Everytime I recount the night my husband proposed to me it always brings a chuckle to both of us.

He picked me up at 7, drove all over the town until about 10... he didn't want to tell me where we were going. After 3 hours, he pulls up next to this smelly creek under a small highway bridge gave me a ring and says he wants to marry me. Completely unromantic-like - he was frustrated. There was a homeless drunk who "witnessed" the whole thing.

Anyway, he planned on proposing to me at the park under my favorite bridge over the big river - my favorite spot in the city right at sunset... he drove for 3 hours looking for the bridge and could not find it... he never asked for directions - not even from me. We could have gone to Disneyworld in that time!

But I really thought that was cute - the more frustrated he got, the cuter I thought it was. Even when he was ready to just throw the ring at me in frustration. :D

Wait.. Is "UP" that animated film? That movie made me cry and cry and cry.. But it had a fantastic ending!

That's the one. Kinda made me tear up as i watched it. I'd been in love with this guy for a a while and watching it with him and not being able to tell him how i felt made me all the more emotional, and him being cuddly and playful during the movie didn't help. Was that movie and our next outing that made me bite the bullet and fess up.

hey soul how are u doing my old friend???? xo

:lol:

Everytime I recount the night my husband proposed to me it always brings a chuckle to both of us.

He picked me up at 7, drove all over the town until about 10... he didn't want to tell me where we were going. After 3 hours, he pulls up next to this smelly creek under a small highway bridge gave me a ring and says he wants to marry me. Completely unromantic-like - he was frustrated. There was a homeless drunk who "witnessed" the whole thing.

Anyway, he planned on proposing to me at the park under my favorite bridge over the big river - my favorite spot in the city right at sunset... he drove for 3 hours looking for the bridge and could not find it... he never asked for directions - not even from me. We could have gone to Disneyworld in that time!

men and directions lol hehehe

men and directions lol....hehehe

But I really thought that was cute - the more frustrated he got, the cuter I thought it was. Even when he was ready to just throw the ring at me in frustration. :D

Last night my fiance said it occurred to him suddenly that not only was he getting married, he was getting married to me. It was sweet.

This is not with a boyfriend, but with a good guy friend. I was sad, and he took me out dancing and bought me a bear. Random surprise dancing. Just showed up at my door with a bear and the statement we were going dancing in Murray. (really, single ladies looking for a great guy around 30 years old... I have one for you.)

I have a pearl ring--it's a white and black pearl ring with diamonds. Not sure what you mean "holds up well", but I've had it for years. I absolutely adore it.

With my lifestyle, I would be smacking it around a lot, and pearls aren't meant for that and I like wearing jewelry and not having to take it off.

But your ring... *drool*

Guest Godless

While I was on leave last month, my girlfriend and I went to a piano bar in Baltimore for her birthday. At one point we requested People Are Strange by the Doors, and when they finally played it she dragged me onto the stage to dance (they let us do it since we requested the song). At the end of the song she ambushed me with a big kiss, right there in front of the entire crowd. It was awesome.

Edited by Godless