Lesspotential Missionaries.

Fiannan

Shantress,

Please contact my wife and tell her that I am in charge. I have not been able to get that through to her in 30 years of marriage.

Truth be told it is by mutual agreement that things are decided in our home. Are we referring to church decisions or are we talking about household decisions?

Ben

I'm talking about church decisions. I know many LDS families in which all decisions are made jointly by husband and wife.

In case you weren't aware of it, our Lord Jesus Christ is a Man and so is God our Heavenly Father, so perhaps you would be happier finding some other religion in which you can worship a Heavenly Mother who sent Her only begotten daughter to redeem us from sin while revealing Her will to us through all Her appointed servants...

...or perhaps you will learn to do His will while not holding His masculinity against Him and those He appoints to lead us, whenever there is a male in a position of leadership over you.

In case you weren't aware of it, our Lord Jesus Christ is a Man and so is God our Heavenly Father, so perhaps you would be happier finding some other religion in which you can worship a Heavenly Mother who sent Her only begotten daughter to redeem us from sin while revealing Her will to us through all Her appointed servants...

...or perhaps you will learn to do His will while not holding His masculinity against Him and those He appoints to lead us, whenever there is a male in a position of leadership over you.

I don't hold God's masculinity against Him. Also, He hasn't placed anyone in leadership over me. I don't need anyone to tell me of my business with God... I can take it up with Him... no 'middle man' necessary. :)

As far as a religion though, I have found one. And there are plenty of women ministers there... not that I depend on them to lead me through my dealings with God. From what I've learned from them, they wouldn't want that responsibility anyway.

Guest MrsS

I don't hold God's masculinity against Him. Also, He hasn't placed anyone in leadership over me. I don't need anyone to tell me of my business with God... I can take it up with Him... no 'middle man' necessary. :)

Shantress70, I am so sorry you feel that way.

In John 14:6 Jesus Christ is telling us that He is in leadership over all of us mortals, and He is the "middle man".

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

<div class='quotemain'>

In John 14:6 Jesus Christ is telling us that He is in leadership over all of us mortals, and He is the "middle man".

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I gotta stand up for Shantress70 on this one. First, her point was that she didn't need church leaders trying to micromanage her relationship with God. I didn't catch any hint of her suggesting that Jesus did not fit into her relationship with the Heavenly Father. But, even on the "technical" matter, she's right: Jesus is not a mer middle-man, He is God the Son. So, she's correct to say that she doesn't need a middleman between her and God. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotemain'>

Please see PC's post who nailed it for me... I was speaking of church leaders... mere men, or women for that matter. I was absolutely not speaking of Jesus Christ. But thanks for playing word games with me!

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Please see PC's post who nailed it for me... I was speaking of church leaders... mere men, or women for that matter. I was absolutely not speaking of Jesus Christ. But thanks for playing word games with me!

So is that what you guys and gals plan to tell Him when He asks you why you rejected His prophets?

And btw, if it’s really too hard for you to imagine that Joseph Smith, and Brigham Young, and John Taylor, … and Gordon Hinckley were and truly are God’s prophets in these latter days, try to imagine yourself in some other day and time when you would have heard from Moses, or Joshua, or Elijah, or Isaiah, or Jeremiah, or Malachi, or any of God’s other prophets who revealed God’s word to Man.

So is that what you guys and gals plan to tell Him when He asks you why you rejected His prophets?

And btw, if it’s really too hard for you to imagine that Joseph Smith, and Brigham Young, and John Taylor, … and Gordon Hinckley were and truly are God’s prophets in these latter days, try to imagine yourself in some other day and time when you would have heard from Moses, or Joshua, or Elijah, or Isaiah, or Jeremiah, or Malachi, or any of God’s other prophets who revealed God’s word to Man.

The difference between now and OT times Ray, is that Jesus has made a different covenant between mankind and God. Jesus intecedes for us, and since Jesus is God, he is a better mediator than just human prophets.

M.

<div class='quotemain'>

The difference between now and OT times Ray, is that Jesus has made a different covenant between mankind and God. Jesus intecedes for us, and since Jesus is God, he is a better mediator than just human prophets.

M.

Amen Sister Maureen!

So do you think that now after Jesus has personally appeared on the Earth we don’t need to hear from any more of His prophets… like Peter and James and John, or any of what Paul had to say to us either?

If so, I disagree, especially in light of what the prophet and apostle Paul said (and I believe we should hear what he said) concerning how our Lord gave His church prophets and apostles (and various other officers) “for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man <or woman>, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ”… and I’d say that right now by the look of things we still have a very long way to go. - see Ephesians chapter 4, especially verses 10-16

And btw, to those who are tired of hearing me talk about this, I’m sorry you feel that way… but I’ll say what I have to say… regardless of what you have to say either today or any other day.

So there. :)

Guest MrsS

And btw, to those who are tired of hearing me talk about this, I’m sorry you feel that way… but I’ll say what I have to say… regardless of what you have to say either today or any other day. So there. :)

AMEN to that Ray!

I am not tired of hearing your testimonies, or to the knowledge that you have imparted to us through your posts. I have learned so much. Thank you Ray.

<div class='quotemain'>

I'll not reject anyone that God reveals to me is his prophet. -_-

If you'd stop kicking against those "pricks" in your heart, you might actually hear what God's saying.

And yes, if I could, I'd give my own eyes to you.

Main Entry: proph·et

Pronunciation: 'prä-f&t

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English prophete, from Old French, from Latin propheta, from Greek prophEtEs, from pro for + phanai to speak -- more at FOR, BAN

1 : one who utters divinely inspired revelations; specifically often capitalized : the writer of one of the prophetic books of the Old Testament

2 : one gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight; especially : an inspired poet

3 : one who foretells future events : PREDICTOR

4 : an effective or leading spokesman for a cause, doctrine, or group

According to Merriam-Webster ANYONE can be a prophet if they utter divinely inspired revelations (or some think they do)

In my heart I know Christ was a prophet

In my heart I know the LDS church has a prophet to help guide us

In retrospect... I DON'T think the guy who came into chat last week was a prophet..... even if he told me he was....cause he was starting a new church and wanted me to turn from the grasp of satan.

I look at Christ as the Son of God.... NOT GOD Himself..... I appreciate those who believe that Jesus IS God Almighty .... I just don't.... never have, never will.

Sorry, but it has to be said..... bad day... I'm venting ;)

So do you think that now after Jesus has personally appeared on the Earth we don’t need to hear from any more of His prophets… like Peter and James and John, or any of what Paul had to say to us either?

Ray, I believe the gift of prophecy still exists but the OT prophet style I don't believe is necessary. One of the tasks of an OT prophet was to foretell the coming of the Messiah, the Savior. And Jesus is the great prophet.

M.