Dark Colored Clothes to Conceal Garments?

UAtraveler

Hi, Everyone.

I work and live at a university in a remote area of China which hires 90% of its faculty from Born Again Christian universities. I'm terrified that they will find out I'm LDS because I've been treated so poorly in the past by other Christians, and I don't want to be persecuted or isolated because of my beliefs.

As a result, I continually wear dark colored pants or khakis that are thick to cover any chance of these people detecting my garment lines. So, my main question is this: do the garment lines on men garment briefs look similar to the lines on boxers? Is there any type of clothing you recommend that I purchase to completely cover what I'm wearing beneath the surface?

I appreciate your time and responses to my question.

Thanks!

Edited by UAtraveler

I think you worry too much. If you are a good teacher, and you are a good Christian example to those around you, then it should not matter. It would be different if they only hired from Baptist seminaries. But they do not. Share your Christianity with them, your love of Christ and that you are grateful to be saved. Then when they notice your garments or discover you are LDS, they will have ample evidence from your very existence and behavior that you are also a Christian.

Hi, Everyone.

I work and live at a university in a remote area of China which hires 90% of its faculty from Born Again Christian universities. I'm terrified that they will find out I'm LDS because I've been treated so poorly in the past by other Christians, and I don't want to be persecuted or isolated because of my beliefs.

As a result, I continually wear dark colored pants or khakis that are thick to cover any chance of these people detecting my garment lines. So, my main question is this: do the garment lines on men garment briefs look similar to the lines on boxers? Is there any type of clothing you recommend that I purchase to completely cover what I'm wearing beneath the surface?

Thanks!

As followers of christ we draw persecution to ourselves in some form or another. This has been a constant throughout the centuries, it's part of the refiners fire that helps us to better ourselves.

Don't worry too much about it, trust Christ will strengthen you thrrough such times should they befall you, as long as you remain faithful to God and Christ.

We are a peculiar people, not by just the clothes we wear but also by how we act, and what we do, and say. If you are following Christ, others will find out one way or another. (altho I have never had someone ask or approach me because the outline of the garments is noticable... its not that noticeable. Genearlly most places its generally bad etiquette to just come up and ask or talk about what underwear someone is wearing)

Edited by Blackmarch

Hi, Everyone.

Thanks!

Purchase slacks that are partially or half lined and use the crew nick for your top. There is no need to draw attention to things others do not understand. If you wear shorts purchase only heavy cotton and denim - avoid synthetic fabrics.

The Traveler

Thank you all for your encouraging words and advice. Wearing garments has always been a bit of a struggle for me, and one that has been amplified by my lack of face to face interaction with fellow saints. I can cover my garment top with ease; the problem is my bottoms. I'm going to just look for thicker pants and try to remember that persecution is part of being a Mormon. That is, however, so much easier said than done. Thank you again.