Am I The Only One Stocking Up On..Bini's version

Bini

Yellow mangoes!?

Seriously, if you haven't already and you live in a non-tropical location like me (Utah) -- stock up! They are the TASTIEST fruit you'll ever eat! If you have an international store, go there but I actually grabbed a bunch at Costco and can't wait to devour them. Get them greenish and then let them ripen on your countertop for a few days until they're yellow and soft to touch. Mmm! Ang sarap!

And that is all for your public announcement :)

I got 2 boxes of Cabello brand yellow mangoes from Hong Kong Market... 4 days later - they were all eaten.

So yeah, I gotta stock up on those - then lock it in my bedroom closet!

Sarap talaga!

Here's for your mouth-watering pleasure, Bini!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Okay, so it's not as great as the Philippine mangoes... Posted Image but, it's close enough!

Edited by anatess

Guest SisterofJared

The very term "stocking up" implies buying more than you need or can use. Therefore it is impossible to "stock up" on honey mangoes. Because no matter how many I buy, believe me, I CAN eat them all... and rather quickly! mmmmmmmmmmm., good!

Guest SisterofJared

'Twould be an evil world indeed where people are allowed to criticize mangos. Eat what you may, but none of this false propaganda stuff!!

I hate mangos YUCK!!!!!!

Not sure how can anyone eat them

I've never had a good fresh mango (I like dried and juice). But I grew up in Alaska and live in Utah, neither of which are known for their mango groves. You know, I'm kinda glad I didn't serve my mission somewhere with amazing cheap fruit like Southeast Asia or South America/Mexico. I'm afraid it would have ruined my tastebuds for what I usually encounter.

Guest SisterofJared

Dravin, many fresh mangoes are "iffy"... too many just don't pack that wonderful sweetness you find in a yummy mango juice. But the yellow honey mangoes are pretty much always good. Divine. I'm certain they are the food of the Gods. In fact, here is what the gods enjoy most:

garlic

onions

mushrooms

and honey mango.

Other foods are perfectly acceptable, especially those things that grow from a seed. But those particular 4 items are the Chosen Foods. Of course there are also other Chosen Foods, herbs, like Cilantro, and Basil. These things God designed in perfection for our enjoyment and nourishment.

All of foods pale in comparison, and it is sacreligion to try and place other foods above the Chosen Foods.

Hmmm - I never tried them before. I'll have to check Walmart and Sams Club down here in Florida.

DO NOT get this mango:

Posted Image

This is not the one we're talking about... and it's what you would usually find in Walmart or Sam's.

It's better if you go to an Asian Food Store and buy THIS mango:

Posted Image

Edited by anatess