Thor

Bini

Just watched Thor and was pleasantly surprised! Very entertaining from start to finish. The film has a good cast of actors that make their characters believable. Quite visually stimulating the whole way through as well, filled with fantasy battles and vivid colours. Great movie for the family, or even a date night, which is what we did :]

Here's one review from RottenTomatoes. It doesn't rank exceptionally high (yet) but I'm sure its ratings will boost in the next few weeks. I'd definitely give this film a "two-thumbs-up"! Very enjoyable :]

I also loved it! Probably will see it again haha :) BTW Did you stay after the credits?! there was a clip

NOOOO! Ugh! We left as soon as the lights went on cos the cinema was sooo crowded :[ Grrr. Should have known better. We usually stay behind for that very reason but usually do it only with animated films. Gah. Guess I'll have to watch it on YouTube. :(

Guest tbaird22

Its not the most exciting clip but its a very important one for the actual Avengers movie which will come out while im on my mission :(

Its not the most exciting clip but its a very important one for the actual Avengers movie which will come out while im on my mission :(

Ohhh! So it doesn't have anything to do with Thor but Captain America? Another movie I am BOUND to see! :D

I went to see Thor 3D, the graphics seem, to me at least, to be a 2D movie that was adapted to 3D, that’s frustrating, since there was hardly any points of the movie that was designed just for 3D. I’ve seen four 3D movies so far; 2 were awesome, Avatar, and Born to be Wild, and two that weren’t good in 3D, Alice in Wonderland, and Thor. The stories in all these movies were good, but I didn’t pay extra money for a good story, I paid for 3D effects, so beware on paying for Thor 3D.

I went to see Thor 3D, the graphics seem, to me at least, to be a 2D movie that was adapted to 3D, that’s frustrating, since there was hardly any points of the movie that was designed just for 3D. I’ve seen four 3D movies so far; 2 were awesome, Avatar, and Born to be Wild, and two that weren’t good in 3D, Alice in Wonderland, and Thor. The stories in all these movies were good, but I didn’t pay extra money for a good story, I paid for 3D effects, so beware on paying for Thor 3D.

We saw Thor in regular format and it was fantastic! We purposely decided against Thor in 3D because we've found that unless they're animated films, they just don't view that nicely. That said, the cinema we went to said Thor was filmed for 3D..

Ohhh! So it doesn't have anything to do with Thor but Captain America? Another movie I am BOUND to see! :D

It has a lot to do with Thor (who is joining Captain America in the Avengers movie). This may be a spoiler (if you haven't seen the extra clip), but Loki is not dead. Not really much of a spoiler because... of course Loki isn't dead, duh! But it's cool what mischief he got on Shield. ;)

I live in a city where there is not a single theater or cinema that can be found. The nearest theater is about an hour and a half bus ride away. We have a 2-month old baby girl and I just couldn't leave my wife alone with her at the house just to watch Thor.

I guess I have to wait for two months for the movie to be out in dvd. And by that time, I'll make sure I watch the extra clip too. lol

It has a lot to do with Thor (who is joining Captain America in the Avengers movie). This may be a spoiler (if you haven't seen the extra clip), but Loki is not dead. Not really much of a spoiler because... of course Loki isn't dead, duh! But it's cool what mischief he got on Shield. ;)

Spoiler alert spoiler alert! LOL

Yeh I pretty much figured as much but wow. Now I'm really curious about what's to come!

I live in a city where there is not a single theater or cinema that can be found. The nearest theater is about an hour and a half bus ride away. We have a 2-month old baby girl and I just couldn't leave my wife alone with her at the house just to watch Thor.

I guess I have to wait for two months for the movie to be out in dvd. And by that time, I'll make sure I watch the extra clip too. lol

I know what you mean. When I lived in the Philippines (and I lived in the big city where there were plenty of cinemas lol) we didn't seem to get the new releases out when everyone else around the world did. I remember finally seeing a new movie and then sending snail-mail to friends overseas about it, and they'd tell me that they saw it like a month or so ago! Haha.

NOOOO! Ugh! We left as soon as the lights went on cos the cinema was sooo crowded :[ Grrr. Should have known better. We usually stay behind for that very reason but usually do it only with animated films. Gah. Guess I'll have to watch it on YouTube. :(

I never understand people who rush pell-mell out of the cinema the instant the credits start rolling. Everyone apart from me seems to do it. I always sit there until the very end - I don't feel I've had my money's worth if I don't.

The trouble is, if I go to the cinema with anyone else (such as my stepdaughter for example) they are always the sort of person who wants to rush out at the start of the credits. For about 2 or 3 minutes they poke me with all their bodily appendages trying to make me move, and generally ruin my enjoyment of the credits. Then they walk off slowly, looking over their shoulder every few seconds to see if I'm following (which I'm not). Then when the credits are finally over, I leave to find them sulking outside the cinema and demanding to know "What's so wonderful about the credits that I can't miss them?" I always explain that I paid for the entire movie and I want to see it all, but they never understand. It always casts a pall over the rest of the evening.

In Cebu city, it used to be that the video stores get the movies before the theater on bootleg. I watched Top Gun on Betamax (yea yea... Betamax!) before it came out on the theater!

Just been looking up the movie - How can Jamie Alexander play the golden-haired goddess Sif? (Unless of course she dyed her hair for the movie.)

This is Marvel version... Sif has dark hair in the comic books.

Snorri Sturluson must be rolling in his grave! :o

Why? Sturluson's Prose Edda is his version of Thor and Sif from Norse mythology.

Thor - the comic book hero - is Stan Lee's version of Thor and Sif, also from Norse mythology.

Both are works of fiction. And both has no "ownership rights" to the description of what Thor and Sif look like.

There are a gazillion versions of King Arthur and his court. White's Once and Future King wouldn't cause Geoffrey of Monmouth and even Gildas to roll in their graves even with the depiction of Guinevere as an adulteress. And we are even talking about a real British King here. Not some god who we don't have any historical basis to a real person for.

I have not seen Thor yet, but I'm really excited about it. I'm also equally excited about the Avenger's movie. I've been excited about that since the very first hint that they were going to make one :). I'm a huge Marvel fan- loved the comics growing up, and love most of the characters. I was already planning on staying after the credits when I go see it, since that seems to be the trend for showing "hints" about the Avenger's movie in all these Marvel films.

I was disappointed though... we have a theater here which occassionally does free pre-screenings of movies, and Thor was picked for one of those pre-screenings. It was showing the Saturday before it actually came out in theaters. I wanted to go see it, but last minute my brothers asked if I could pick them up to take them to it. Thinking I still had time, I agreed. Then they took forever to get out the door and by the time we got to the theater (fifteen minutes early) the line was going all the way around the building. No way we were going to get seats :(.

There are a gazillion versions of King Arthur and his court. White's Once and Future King wouldn't cause Geoffrey of Monmouth and even Gildas to roll in their graves even with the depiction of Guinevere as an adulteress. And we are even talking about a real British King here.

Well we do know that Camelot was "a silly place"! :propeller:

I have not seen Thor yet, but I'm really excited about it. I'm also equally excited about the Avenger's movie. I've been excited about that since the very first hint that they were going to make one :). I'm a huge Marvel fan- loved the comics growing up, and love most of the characters. I was already planning on staying after the credits when I go see it, since that seems to be the trend for showing "hints" about the Avenger's movie in all these Marvel films.

I was disappointed though... we have a theater here which occassionally does free pre-screenings of movies, and Thor was picked for one of those pre-screenings. It was showing the Saturday before it actually came out in theaters. I wanted to go see it, but last minute my brothers asked if I could pick them up to take them to it. Thinking I still had time, I agreed. Then they took forever to get out the door and by the time we got to the theater (fifteen minutes early) the line was going all the way around the building. No way we were going to get seats :(.

Judo... Thor in the movie remarkably resembles my idea of what Wulfgar is like. It made me really think how awesome Wulfgar could have been if Bob did not "sacrifice" him. And that's really another reason why I loved Thor (the movie) so much - it's like all my vision of Wulfgar personified in Thor. And the actor did a really good job with it - he was so arrogant and so charming and so... Wulfgar. LOL!

Judo... Thor in the movie remarkably resembles my idea of what Wulfgar is like. It made me really think how awesome Wulfgar could have been if Bob did not "sacrifice" him. And that's really another reason why I loved Thor (the movie) so much - it's like all my vision of Wulfgar personified in Thor. And the actor did a really good job with it - he was so arrogant and so charming and so... Wulfgar. LOL!

Haha, now I'm even more psyched to see it. :D I wasn't a big fan of Thor in the comics- my favorites tended toward Spiderman, Ironman, and the X-Men. Though I did think more highly of Thor than I did the Fantastic Four (couldn't stand them really). Since I thought the Fantastic Four movie turned out okay, I figured they couldn't have done too bad of a job with Thor. I've been hyped to see it mainly just because I want to see all the pieces of the puzzle put together for the Avengers. Now, I think I might like Thor just for the sake of Thor. ^_^

Haha, now I'm even more psyched to see it. :D I wasn't a big fan of Thor in the comics- my favorites tended toward Spiderman, Ironman, and the X-Men. Though I did think more highly of Thor than I did the Fantastic Four (couldn't stand them really). Since I thought the Fantastic Four movie turned out okay, I figured they couldn't have done too bad of a job with Thor. I've been hyped to see it mainly just because I want to see all the pieces of the puzzle put together for the Avengers. Now, I think I might like Thor just for the sake of Thor. ^_^

I like Thor the comics too... but... hmm... I don't think that matters. Thor the movie is great as Thor the movie. The story has too many differences from the comics - for example, Sif was Thor's love interest in the comics and this was not really there in the movie... etc. that if you are an oober comic follower you're probably gonna get too distracted by the direction they took the movie that it could affect your liking of it.

Oh, and the Earth set of the movie was kinda bad - big city feel in the middle of a remote town, it almost reminds you of the old clint eastwood westerns. But, for some reason, I was able to look past that. Yeah, I think the chemistry between the actors - both in Asgard and on Earth was potent enough to make the set inconsistency inconsequential (say those 2 words 10 times in a row).

P.S. And I really don't like Natalie Portman... but I was able to look past that too.