Satan Vs The Growing Christian Movement

Lindy

Had a friend send this to me and thought it worth sharing......

-----------------------------------------------

Satan recently called a worldwide convention of demons to catch up with the strong and growing Christian Movement;

In his opening address he said,

"We can't keep Christians away from going to church."

"We can't keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth."

"We can't even keep them from forming an intimate relationship with their saviour."

"Once they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken."

"So let them go to their churches; let them have their covered dish dinners, BUT steal their time, so they don't have time to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.."

"This is what I want you to do," said the devil:

"Distract them from gaining hold of their Saviour and maintaining that vital connection throughout their day!"

"How shall we do this?" his demons shouted.

"Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life and invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds," he answered.

"Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow."

"Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles."

"Keep them from spending time with their children."

"As their families fragment, soon, their homes will offer no escape from the pressures of work!"

"Over-stimulate their minds so that they cannot hear that still, small voice."

"Entice them to play the radio or cassette player whenever they drive." To keep the TV, VCR, CDs and their PCs going constantly in their home and see to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays non-biblical music constantly."

"This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ."

"Fill the coffee tables with magazines and newspapers."

"Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day."

"Invade their driving moments with billboards."

"Flood their mailboxes with junk mail, mail order catalogs, sweepstakes, and every kind of newsletter and promotional offering free products, services and false hopes.."

"Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their husbands will believe that outward beauty is what's important, and they'll become dissatisfied with their wives. "

"Keep the wives too tired to love their husbands at night."

"Give them headaches too! "

"If they don't give their husbands the love they need, they will begin to look elsewhere."

"That will fragment their families quickly!"

"Give them Santa Claus to distract them from teaching their children the real meaning of Christmas."

"Give them an Easter bunny so they won't talk about his resurrection and power over sin and death."

"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive."

"Have them return from their recreation exhausted."

"Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on God's creation. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts, and movies instead."

"Keep them busy, busy, and busy!"

"And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leave with troubled consciences."

"Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Jesus."

"Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family for the good of the cause."

"It will work!"

"It will work!"

It was quite a plan!

The demons went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to get busier and more rushed, going here and there.

Having little time for their God or their families.

Having no time to tell others about the power of Jesus to change lives.

I guess the question is, has the devil been successful in his schemes?

You be the judge!!!!!

Does "BUSY" mean: B-eing U-under S-atan's Y-oke?

-------------------------

It made me think about how much of it happens...... to sway us away from what is important in life.... maybe it is part of satan's plan to help turn us from God. What do you think?

Guest ApostleKnight

The flavor of that story is reminiscent of "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis. Ah, my dear Wormwood...I love this sort of reverse thinking...it does make you wake up and smell the Word of Wisdom approved coffee-substitute, hahahaha :)

It made me think about how much of it happens...... to sway us away from what is important in life.... maybe it is part of satan's plan to help turn us from God. What do you think?

I'm not saying that Satan doesn't exist, but Satan is used as somewhat of a scapegoat for our own errors.

Although it's almost impossible to get a house without going into debt, it is dumb to go into extreme debt, using credit cards as a way to keep up with the Joneses. IMO, tat has nothing to do with Satan... it's just our greed that makes us do this. And I don't think it has anything to do with society becoming demoralized... we just have the ability to do this easily. 40 years ago, it wasn't so easy to get credit... if it was, I'm sure the problem would have existed then too.

Surely the author is not saying that Satan is making me work 40 hours a week, while my child goes to preschool 6 hours a day?

Parents who don't spend time with their children are just dumb, unless they are single mothers or fathers who HAVE to work two jobs in order to make ends meet. Yes, there are people in that unfortunate situation, but I don't think that Satan makes them do it - I think that sometimes life hands us circumstances such as this and we deal with it as best we can. Hopefully people in that situation has family members who can help them out with childcare. Otherwise, I don't know how they do it, but I'm certain they wish they weren't in that situation.

TV, PC's etc. - everything in moderation! I don't think Bill Gates is of Satan. I think some people just go overboard and don't use their time wisely.

I LOVE listening to music, and feel even more spiritual when listening to some of it... and no, I don't listen to biblical music.

So it was SATAN who is cluttering my coffee table with those motorcycle, computer, and ammo magazines... and I thought it was my dear husband!

Junk mail and supermodels - I agree 100% that it is from Satan!

Maybe if Satan tells my husband to pick up his dirty laundry and pick up a mop once in a while, I won't have a headache.

I think we can teach the true meaning of Easter and Christmas right along with having fun with Santa and the Easter Bunny... I know I do... and for parents that don't, well they're either not Christian, or too busy to mess with it.

"Satan causes us to be busy," or "Idle hands are the devil's workshop" - sounds like we're d*&%ed if we do and d*&%ed if we don't.

And now good causes are of Satan? What about some of you LDS who spend so much time doing church-related things? Is that of Satan? What about the 4 hours I spent at a breast cancer walk? Satan? What about the volunteering I do with my child, such as the trike-a-thon he's in today for a children's hospital and my getting him involved in food bank work?

Yow, this email story was a downer for me... just when I think I'm doing a pretty good job with my life!

You know I love you though, Lindy! :wub: I just had a difference of opinion on some of this stuff, obviously!

"Give them Santa Claus to distract them from teaching their children the real meaning of Christmas."

"Give them an Easter bunny so they won't talk about his resurrection and power over sin and death."

Dont' tell me that the posters who agreed with this cute little story are now going to become JW's because you really think that Satan created Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. :hmmm:

I agree with Shanstress. I think it's just easier for many people to blame Satan for everything in life rather than take responsibility for their own choices. If you really look at the whole story, you're saying that by Satan convincing humans to live their lives to the fullest, then naturally Jesus can't be a part of our lives. How does that make any sense at all?

Think about it, next time you decide to go to the movies as a family, is that really your decision or is Satan making you do it? :P

M.

LOL People, People, People..... :P first let me defend myself by stating that I DID say it made me think about how MUCH of it does happens..... point being that some things sway us from what is important in life.... I like what Outshined's post:

Reminds me of something I read a few years ago. It said "Satan does not need you to commit enormous sins; he only needs you to waste enough of your time on things that have no eternal value."

I think that is the premise of the whole "story"... Some of the key words that jumped out at me.....

steal their time, Distract them, Keep them busy in the non-essentials of life, invent innumerable schemes to occupy their minds, Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, Persuade.. so they can afford their empty lifestyles,

Keep them from- time with their children, Over-stimulate their minds, offering free products, services and false hopes, Give them headaches. I got tired listing them down....lol

....."Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Jesus" ... now how about the amount of people on Prosac and antidepressants because they are over powered with "good causes" and can't handle the stress?

Entice them with music while driving..... movies... Santa Claus...Easter Bunny.... I'm as guilty as everyone else on a lot of these things listed..... MY choices ;) However, I did tell my children the real reasons behind the holidays.... and that we are NOT celebrating Santa Claus or the Bunny.

Thanks to all who can see my point :D ... and thanks to all who still love me even though you disagree with the view of the post :D

Guest ApostleKnight

Geez, alot of you guys keep your shotguns cocked and ready to rock...as soon as something cool is posted you have to blast away until it's blown to pieces! :rolleyes:

The email story is meant to spark thought and self-evaluation...y'know, good 'ole fashioned introspection. Just because someone liked the email doesn't mean they don't go to the movies or use PC's or whatever. After all, I loved the email but I'm trying to break into the movie business as a screenwriter...and I type my screenplays on my PC!!!!

Just chill people, chill...remember: Even though it's a good idea to take most things with a grain of salt, life sure tastes better when you take everything with a gram of sugar!

Geez, alot of you guys keep your shotguns cocked and ready to rock...as soon as something cool is posted you have to blast away until it's blown to pieces! :rolleyes:

The email story is meant to spark thought and self-evaluation...y'know, good 'ole fashioned introspection. Just because someone liked the email doesn't mean they don't go to the movies or use PC's or whatever. After all, I loved the email but I'm trying to break into the movie business as a screenwriter...and I type my screenplays on my PC!!!!

Just chill people, chill...remember: Even though it's a good idea to take most things with a grain of salt, life sure tastes better when you take everything with a gram of sugar!

AK, did you happen to notice any of the humor in my post? I may have a wierd sense of humor, but I try! ;)

That's exactly what it did spark with me - thought and self-evaluation - and I came to the conclusion that I didn't agree with most of it... except that supermodels are of Satan! :satanflame:

"Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, and borrow, borrow, borrow."

"Persuade the wives to go to work for long hours and the husbands to work 6-7 days each week, 10-12 hours a day, so they can afford their empty lifestyles."

Or in my case just to make the bills and support a gifted child, and other peoples kids. Evil man that I am.

"Keep them from spending time with their children."

Now what is it? Make the bills or spend time with the kids on the streets?

"Keep skinny, beautiful models on the magazines and TV so their husbands will believe that outward beauty is what's important, and they'll become dissatisfied with their wives. "

The models used to be appetite. But I knew where to eat. ;-)

Bagging on the fat guy and the rabbit!?!? Now that is going to far! :angry::P

"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive."

But of course. Life is for the living!

"Have them return from their recreation exhausted."

CLUNK - oww, I hate it when that happens.

"Keep them too busy to go out in nature and reflect on God's creation. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, plays, concerts, and movies instead."

Wait a second. Make up my mind. It was nature that got me exhausted. Now you say it is a good thing?

"Keep them busy, busy, and busy!"

Yeah, that making the bills thing while raising a gifted child, and helping with countless others does keep one busy. Surely it is the work of Satan.

"Crowd their lives with so many good causes they have no time to seek power from Jesus."

Exactly. Doing good and having fun is the work of the devil. I think I need to stop all of that. Get fat, drunk, pray a lot, and die.

"Soon they will be working in their own strength, sacrificing their health and family for the good of the cause."

Wow..... it sounds like there is no way to win in this senario. I might as well find a cliff to jump off of.

Sorry to rain on the parade but I find stuff like this terribly depressing. It reminds me why I want nothing to do with religion. Seriously, dammed no matter what you do.

Sorry to rain on the parade but I find stuff like this terribly depressing. It reminds me why I want nothing to do with religion. Seriously, dammed no matter what you do.

Can't rain on my parade, I keep mine indoors.

And in the end, the love you make, is equal to the love, you spend - John Lennon and Paul McCartney. How did you spend your love today?

How did you spend your love today?

How about.... quality time with my child. Oh, and also giving some feedback to a couple of needy students who are actually doing a great job and just need to hear it, on what should be a day off. Does that work? Or is it Satans plan?

How did you spend your love today?

How about.... quality time with my child. Oh, and also giving some feedback to a couple of needy students who are actually doing a great job and just need to hear it, on what should be a day off. Does that work? Or is it Satans plan?

Sounds good. In fact it sounds like part of Gods plan, not Satans.

Just being picky here, sorry I couldn't resist. That line from the Beatles song should be:

in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make...

http://www.committment.com/surround.html

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/in_the_...ove/218303.html

I suppose making the love is the same as spending the love, but I couldn't stand to see those lyrics misquoted!!

When people with whom I work get emails like this I generally have to remind them that these things originate with the "Christian fundamentalist right" who, like the right wing neoconservative current political regime, also "Christians" do not consider us (LDS) to be Christians at all.

Just being picky here, sorry I couldn't resist. That line from the Beatles song should be:

in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make...

http://www.committment.com/surround.html

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/in_the_...ove/218303.html

I suppose making the love is the same as spending the love, but I couldn't stand to see those lyrics misquoted!!

I think that I have been schooled

Maybe I'm getting old.

I liked the email, it did make me think. :)

I think that people who have religion in their lives also like to place the important things into the forefront. To those who chose not to see good and evil this way, why are family and doing good things important to you?

I believe Christians are trying to become more Christ-Like Things that take us away from being like Him are from Satan.

To those who chose not to see good and evil this way, why are family and doing good things important to you?

Initially because it is the way I was raised. As I get older I also see the results. I have a bunch of stories. My most recent one is the kid I coached to be a HS All American a few years back.... he calls me often and every fathers day. His kid is on my fridge and mine on his. He recently offered Reni and I to move into his big house (he is doing very well) at an unreal low rent. Including our pets and everything. We probably won't do that, but the offer is serious and always there. And he knows he could come here anytime as well. He is family by association, and it is what family does. By example my child is learning the same.