New Broadway Show "Book of Mormon"

spiritseeker

I was wondering what others thought about the new musical "Book of Mormon"? Its really a good piece of work. Yes some of it is offensive in the swearing ect. But , I hang out with friends and we try and go to a show once every few months or some other artistic endeavour.

We went to see this show and on the ride home( I am about two hours from NYC) Friends who never really wanted to know much about the church asked me so many questions that when we stopped for dinner I brought the Book Of Mormon(They requested me to bring it in!) And one of my friends asked about coming to services!!!

I find it wonderful how Heavenly Father used what some might term a negative and turned it into a positive.

Any one else had similiar things happen to them?:cool:

Great story.

Let's try and keep this thread to some positive things that have come about because of the musical. We've discussed this subject numerous times already.

This thread has a different spin on it and let's keep it that way. :)

Great story.

Let's try and keep this thread to some positive things that have come about because of the musical. We've discussed this subject numerous times already.

Oh I have been away awhile I didn't know others have posted already , sorry. If it becomes negative I ask the moderators to close it. That is not my attention in posting this.

Great story.

I'll do my best. No promises.

Frankly, I don't know for sure that this musical can be recommended wholeheartedly. Rumor has it that the tunes are occasionally pulchritudinous and the lyrics literally risible. By all accounts, the authors are both functionally literate. And to those who question whether the musical promotes the "right kind" of actions and attitude: Attendees at the Broadway staging have been seen in the audience openly masticating during the performance -- and I think we all know what the scriptures have to say about that, don't we?

I don't mean to be negative. Not at all. But it had to be said.

Attendees at the Broadway staging have been seen in the audience openly masticating during the performance -- and I think we all know what the scriptures have to say about that, don't we?

Words fail me.

(Maybe that's cause Vort's already got dibs on all the good ones.)