Tragedy strikes Norway

pam

I wonder if their system is anything like ours though..that each death is a separate charge. So if 92 people dead..and he was sentenced to 21 years for each death to be served consecutively..he would never get out.

Wasn't sure if to post this in another thread.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/suspect-behind-norwegian-attacks-claims-he-used-modern-warfare-2-for-training/

I don't think it surprise any of us that He used Violent Video Games, MMO's. Its more a matter if they are to blamed. I don't blame them, but I do see how having them more and more in our society, their is bound to be negative results.

Not to derail the thread, but violent video games cannot be blamed for someone acting out this way....otherwise everyone (or at least more than one person) would be acting out this way due to the video game.

The issue is within the attacker himself. It takes a specific kind of psychology within the mind to cause someone to act out in such a way that most anyone else immediately accepts as wholly inappropriate, if not outright evil.

What should be looked at are the events in the man's life that could have contributed to his behavior. The video game is more of a symptom of the problem within, not the cause.

Back to the horrible tragedy itself, God will bless the survivors with the strength they need to endure the trial as they seek it.

My own question would be to the attacker himself..."what was your ultimate goal in this...are your problems now solved?"

What should be looked at are the events in the man's life that could have contributed to his behavior. The video game is more of a symptom of the problem within, not the cause.

That's my initial thought about any connection there. Video games, particularly MMOs, seem to be inviting to those who are anti-social or disconnected with a hint of obsession. Something like this demonstrates a rather large disconnect with humanity (that attack) and video games as a form of entertainment doesn't necessarily challenge that disconnect. Prior to video games he'd have been the awkward kid who spent all his time reading because it also allows that disconnect from humanity.

Edited by Dravin

According to the news he will start answering a lot of these questions tomorrow. Let's not derail this thread with speculation.

Edited by pam

Have you noticed the picture of the shooter that the U.S. media is using? They seem to use the same or similar picture of the shooter. I call it an "ABBA" picture. He reminds me of the ABBA singers from the 1970s.

Compare that picture to the one of the man who shot the congresswoman in Arizona. The picture the U.S. media used for that guy is of him with his head shaven and looking rather psycho.

I'm sure that's done on purpose and it's not a good thing.

Have you noticed the picture of the shooter that the U.S. media is using? They seem to use the same or similar picture of the shooter. I call it an "ABBA" picture. He reminds me of the ABBA singers from the 1970s.

Compare that picture to the one of the man who shot the congresswoman in Arizona. The picture the U.S. media used for that guy is of him with his head shaven and looking rather psycho.

I'm sure that's done on purpose and it's not a good thing.

..what? :tinfoil: