Multiple Use Of Id's

Marsha

ok, for all you multiple ID users. Pick one and stick to it. There is no reason that you can't use one ID to post.

I will delete any and all posts that people using multiple ID's are posting with.

You have been forewarned.

Monica alias, seth, aristotles, moroni1 and all the other ones that you are using...........no more.

Marsha

ok, for all you multiple ID users. Pick one and stick to it. There is no reason that you can't use one ID to post.

I will delete any and all posts that people using multiple ID's are posting with.

You have been forewarned.

Monica alias, seth, aristotles, moroni1 and all the other ones that you are using...........no more.

Marsha

Are you kidding? Is Setheus using all those ID's??? I did enjoy reading the old Setheus post.

What a mysterious person though? I guess I don't even know if you are male or female then? lol :blink:

If you can tell if it is the same Mac IP Address then it is for sure you either have the same person or serveral ppl using the same comp.

If it is multiple users in the same household all they have to do is let us know that. But with 19 so far I highly doubt that is the case. ;)

I'm surprised by curvette. curvette was a wonderful poster who we haven't heard from in a very long time.

M.

Maureen,

I am thinking that one is one that perhaps is using the same server. It does happen and you are right, she was a great poster. I really do miss her greatly.

The other id's there are relatively new and seem to use the same style of posting.

THAT is the reason that when you/we block a range of IP's sometimes an innocent person is in the mix.

Marsha

Interestingly, I am a member of another LDS-centric board, and Moroni1 has recently been posting the same things there as here. On one of his/her threads, one of the respondents, also a newcomer to that board, is named Sethbag, ostensibly as a former member of the church. It would be interesting to find out if they are the same people who have been posting here. If so, why the charades? Is this some kind of game they play, going around to different boards trying to stir up problems? It seems sick to me if they are.

Well, if it matters any, I am sure that there is more than one person posting from that IP. I have been played the fool before, but I tend to stick to what I believe until shot down by the truth.

Two people same IP

Interestingly, I am a member of another LDS-centric board, and Moroni1 has recently been posting the same things there as here. On one of his/her threads, one of the respondents, also a newcomer to that board, is named Sethbag, ostensibly as a former member of the church. It would be interesting to find out if they are the same people who have been posting here. If so, why the charades? Is this some kind of game they play, going around to different boards trying to stir up problems? It seems sick to me if they are.

This a game they play going arouind to other boards doing the same kinds of things......they have way too much time on there hands.....

<div class='quotemain'>

I'm surprised by curvette. curvette was a wonderful poster who we haven't heard from in a very long time.

M.

Maureen,

I am thinking that one is one that perhaps is using the same server. It does happen and you are right, she was a great poster. I really do miss her greatly.

The other id's there are relatively new and seem to use the same style of posting.

THAT is the reason that when you/we block a range of IP's sometimes an innocent person is in the mix.

Marsha

I miss curvette too. I don't think that she was part of the same group of impostors.

<div class='quotemain'>

This a game they play going arouind to other boards doing the same kinds of things......they have way too much time on there hands.....

The movie "Sybil" with the multiple personality disorder comes to my mind.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

M.

Maureen,

Marsha

I miss curvette too. I don't think that she was part of the same group of impostors.

<div class='quotemain'>

The movie "Sybil" with the multiple personality disorder comes to my mind.

I too miss curvette, she was a fun person. "Sybil' is exactly what came to my mind too. They are bringing this show to DVD. I watched it on cable this past week, I read the book as a teen but had never seen the movie.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monica

gosh...wonder why monica hasn't posted recently?

Here I am!!! :roseovation:

So glad I was missed.

Sorry, I havent had much time to post lately. I have been so busy since the stork paid us a visit!

:birthdayballoon:

<div class='quotemain'>

gosh...wonder why monica hasn't posted recently?

Here I am!!! :roseovation:

So glad I was missed.

Sorry, I havent had much time to post lately. I have been so busy since the stork paid us a visit!

:birthdayballoon:

Congrads. You are just full of surprises.

and to who or what do we owe our congratulations too Monica? Sorry chickie, but you were pretty vague ;)

Open congrads :)

what have these people been doing exactly?

also are you saying no one should have alts at all?

Alts? After you register (which you have already) please to to the General Discussion tab and look at the top. Under "Ldstalk code of conduct" it will explain a lot about this site. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Why would people need multiple ID's? So far we have come to the conclusion it is to derive attention by causing contention.

Welcome to our little site.

Marsha

Shantress,

I think that most of the "older" members are becoming leary. Kind of a dilemma though. I have been watching the validating (the mods can see that) and duplicate ID's that are registering are just not getting approved.

We can also see their ISP's so we know the duplicates.

Good question, why does anyone need more than one ID? Ima thinking to cause contention.

However, I could understand if someone had a "personal" question and wanted to use another ID while asking for help, but this is not what is happening.

Should anyone suspect one person/ two id's - just email or PM a moderator and we will check it out.

I am going to start posting lists of ppl and their alias's. Look out!

Marsha

Shantress,

I think that most of the "older" members are becoming leary. Kind of a dilemma though. I have been watching the validating (the mods can see that) and duplicate ID's that are registering are just not getting approved.

We can also see their ISP's so we know the duplicates.

Good question, why does anyone need more than one ID? Ima thinking to cause contention.

However, I could understand if someone had a "personal" question and wanted to use another ID while asking for help, but this is not what is happening.

Should anyone suspect one person/ two id's - just email or PM a moderator and we will check it out.

I am going to start posting lists of ppl and their alias's. Look out!

Marsha

Thanks Marsha... what about the three I listed above? Are they legit?

I'm such a skeptic though. Even if you tell me that they appear to be legit, I will still question because they registered so close together. There is software out there that will generate random IP's.

Anyway, thanks for keeping track of all this. :wacko: