New Relief Society Manual

pam

ksl.com - LDS Church to debut new Relief Society manual

SALT LAKE CITY — Six million Latter-day Saint women throughout the world will soon receive a new book about their church organization, the Relief Society.

The society was organized in 1842, but members have never had their own resource book. Their current president, Sister Julie Beck, says her desire is to send a message about the diversity and strength of Latter-day Saint women.

When they do this kind of thing, how do they handle the logistics - send a lot to each chapel and we pick one up there or what?

The individual units (branches/wards) order them according to their expected need (plus a little extra) and then they get distributed during the appropriate class/meeting.

Edited by Dravin

We always get the news here first (well, here and the LDS Newsroom on FB). This Sunday I asked in RS when we would get our books. No one knew what I was talking about. I had to send one of the leaders a link to the Newsroom article.

There was a bit of laughter about the convert knowing this stuff. :)