So

Guest David Lee

Guest Sheps100

I am LDS, but for the last two years I have fallen out of the church, I know that the church is true, but I don't like the feeling I get when I go to church, I live with my grandparents and the ward they live in they have made alot of enemys, and so when I go, its not the same as other wards, why do they have to look down on my because of my family. I thought that the LDS church taugh love thy Neighbor, and that a persons own self makes up who they are?

Hello Sheps100,

Nice to meet you. I sort of hear what you are saying but I do not know what it is that the church is reacting against. If someone is acting in a sinful way, does that mean that you can't call a spade a spade? Would you still call that inappropriate judgementalism? Is your whole complain only that it is reflected poorly on you or is there a deeper issue there?

Thanks,

Dr. T

I am LDS, but for the last two years I have fallen out of the church, I know that the church is true, but I don't like the feeling I get when I go to church, I live with my grandparents and the ward they live in they have made alot of enemys, and so when I go, its not the same as other wards, why do they have to look down on my because of my family. I thought that the LDS church taugh love thy Neighbor, and that a persons own self makes up who they are?

It is my opinion that no one falls into hardly anything. Usually we get to where we are, through some effort.

There is a parable of a ward and a young couple thought of buying a home in the ward so they went to check things out. The found a member of the ward and asked what kind of a ward it was. The member asked, "What kind of a ward are you coming from?" The couple said that it was a friendly and loving ward and it was hard for them to leave. The member said, "You will find this ward just like your other ward.

Another couple was thinking of moving into the ward and found the same member and asked the same question concerning the kind of ward. Again the member asked, "What kind of a ward are you coming from?" The couple said their previous ward was full of fighting and backbiting and self righteous clicks and that they could not wait to move. The member said, "You will find this ward just like your other ward.

The point here is that along the line of what Jesus taught - You will find what it is you seek.

I am an old traveler and a long way from my home. I am wandering as a stranger in a strange land but I am sure you will find what you seek.

The Traveler

Sheps 100; welcome to the best forum that I have ever been on.

It like, many wards that I have been in is filled with a derverse group of people. I know that I'm not perfect and hope that I never stop trying.

If your ward is not what you think it is time to tell yourself, who you can change, the ward or yourself? It may be a taller mountain than I can see from were I am at. Sounds like you don't have anyone your age to talk with and so many things in your way. So maybe (and this is just a sugestion because I don't know what is going on) you can try going to church with your Grandparents so they can have a freind to go with.

The choice will aways be yours. And you will find a few friends here, if you need someone to tell your troubles too. Your Friend - Allmosthumble :D

The point here is that along the line of what Jesus taught - You will find what it is you seek.

I also find this to be true.

Try giving it a fresh start and see what happens.

When I moved in to my current ward of course I didn't know who was this way or that way. We had put in new hardwood floors into our house and wasn't allowed to walk on the floors for two days of sealing them. I had gone through my bedroom window to hang out there for awhile and my daughter and the neighbor girl were playing out side with the hose. They were having a water fight with some other kids in the front yard and yanking on the hose in the back to reach the kids in the front yard. Well they broke the pvc pipe that come out of the ground and I had a huge geyser shooting water 20 feet in the air. I ran outside across my new floors and into the mud which the water had created. I got down on all fours and tried to find the errigation shut off valve but it was too far down there. I called my husband and frantically told him what had happened. He said you need to find the 'key' (long metal pole) in the garage. I explained that I couldn't find anything in there because of most of our furniture being in there because of the new floors. Frustrated went into the backyard and tried to reach the shutoff valve again. The woman who lived behind me that the nerve to say 'would you please turn that off, you are flooding my strawberries'. I said 'Oh believe me I wished I could.' I began walking down my street looking for help and I saw a man in his garage. Looking a sight (covered in water and mud) I asked him if he had a 'key' I could borrow. I pointed to my geyser, and he grabbed his 'key' and followed me. He jumped in the mud and then after some effort go it turned off. I thanked the mudddy man and offered to buy him some new boots and he just smiled and said, "you are my neighbor and I am happy to help' Later I found out that he was noted as being the meanest man on the block. I am sure glad I didn't know that that day or any day afterward. He was alway kind to me and my family after that day.

What does all of this mean? Give people a chance and they just might prove others wrong. We are all very much the same inside. :)

Hi,

I want to say welcome, I also want you to know that I feel what you are going through. When I came to my new ward I was scared and nervous and everyone seemed to be looking at me. Slowly I made some friends just by saying Hi, but my fears and thoughts got the better of me. At first I was happy to be away from the church, I could do what I want, when I want and it felt great. I know I sound like I am trying to convince you that you dont need to try or can stop going like I did. But my point is different, I have been fighting with myself and my conscience over church and became lost. Now Im going back and the thing I started in the first place is where I am.

Just say Hi! Reach out your hand and smile, they will smile back and say Hi too (maybe hello or something similar). I guess what I want you to know is even if your grandparents made "enemies", you are not them but you are you and thats what will be seen.

The people at this site are good, loving people and I hope you enjoy this as much as I have began to enjoy here.

• 10 months later...
Guest Yediyd
<div class='quotemain'>

I also find this to be true.

Try giving it a fresh start and see what happens.

When I moved in to my current ward of course I didn't know who was this way or that way. We had put in new hardwood floors into our house and wasn't allowed to walk on the floors for two days of sealing them. I had gone through my bedroom window to hang out there for awhile and my daughter and the neighbor girl were playing out side with the hose. They were having a water fight with some other kids in the front yard and yanking on the hose in the back to reach the kids in the front yard. Well they broke the pvc pipe that come out of the ground and I had a huge geyser shooting water 20 feet in the air. I ran outside across my new floors and into the mud which the water had created. I got down on all fours and tried to find the errigation shut off valve but it was too far down there. I called my husband and frantically told him what had happened. He said you need to find the 'key' (long metal pole) in the garage. I explained that I couldn't find anything in there because of most of our furniture being in there because of the new floors. Frustrated went into the backyard and tried to reach the shutoff valve again. The woman who lived behind me that the nerve to say 'would you please turn that off, you are flooding my strawberries'. I said 'Oh believe me I wished I could.' I began walking down my street looking for help and I saw a man in his garage. Looking a sight (covered in water and mud) I asked him if he had a 'key' I could borrow. I pointed to my geyser, and he grabbed his 'key' and followed me. He jumped in the mud and then after some effort go it turned off. I thanked the mudddy man and offered to buy him some new boots and he just smiled and said, "you are my neighbor and I am happy to help' Later I found out that he was noted as being the meanest man on the block. I am sure glad I didn't know that that day or any day afterward. He was alway kind to me and my family after that day.

What does all of this mean? Give people a chance and they just might prove others wrong. We are all very much the same inside. :) Strawberry, That story touched me so that I cut it and pasted it into my collection of "Pearls" Posted Image

Guest MrsS

Posted Image

Okay, "I want more smileys and I don't know computers" - where (as in how did you discover them where) did you get these smileys that you are using. Awesome - they are awesome!!

Guest Yediyd
Posted Image I'm imbarressd to tell you that my 14 yr old daughter installed them...I don't know how she did...but the site is: Smiley Central ... Good luck!Posted Image

Guest MissyCat

Posted Image I'm imbarressd to tell you that my 14 yr old daughter installed them...I don't know how she did...but the site is: Smiley Central ... Good luck!Posted Image

Don't be embarrased, take all the help you can get! Think I will get them too. (MrsS now going by MissyCat)

It can be rough when you feel this way sadly church members arent perfect I know there are times when I have wished I had gone that extra mile wth people. When my branch was going through a particularly rough time couple of years I used this statement by Brigham Young

people who take offence when none was intended are fools, and those who take offence when offence was ment are usually fools

the onus is on the person being offended to deal with it, forgive, forget and move on - it sounds like hard advice but ultimately we are responsible for our own behaviour - those people who are offending you are the ones still feeling the spirit and partaking of sacrament. If you allow them to get to you you are the one missing out. I was brought up with the best revenge for any hurt is to forgive, forget and move on

Charley