Evidence Of Mormonism

JoshuaFKon

Hello everyone! :)

up till now, we have all been disscussing my questions...I choose the "battleground" you could say.

But I'd like to give you more then just a chance to defend yourself...

I'd like to see your offense.

Why should anyone believe Mormonism? (not counting feelings of course)

If we discount my questions...and start with a blank slate...what is your "proof" so to speak?

Josh B)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Brother Dorsey,

Helpful as always.... :)

up till now, we have all been disscussing my questions...I choose the "battleground" you could say.

If we discount my questions...and start with a blank slate...what is your "proof" so to speak?

Josh B)

Thank you Brother Dorsey,

Helpful as always.... :)

Josh B)

Again...Josh, I think that prooving ones faith cannot be done....you want some sort of sign from God or something? Lets be honest here Josh....you want the LDS here to relate to you what they believe so you can somehow knock it down with answers from your anti-Mormon websites....don't lie Josh...that's all your posts have done since you've been here....you're not here to learn but to degrade and confuse anothers faith! Shame on you...Don't you get it Josh....what you are doing is building faith and reinforcing testimony because we see the difference between truth and lies....as members we have been given the gift of the Spirit...and can see through the lies! Josh I forgive you because you know not what you do....But you want a reason why anyone should believe and become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints...well, there are many and one cannot answer that question but for themselves....so I think maybe you should find some quiet time and read the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covanants and Pearl of Great Price...as well as Jesus the Christ by Talmage and the Comprehensive history of the church by BH Roberts...when you finish those then you might have an idea, maybe. But then of course it will be up to you to pray and ask God himself, for he is the only one you need to tell you the truth....until then Josh, God bless you and may you someday find the truth....

PS. No member of the Church needs to "defend" the Lords Gospel....the truth of it does well enough on it's own!

Again...Josh, I think that prooving ones faith cannot be done

Allow me to respectfully disagree...I believe faith can, and should be proved.

Josh B)

Josh, Josh my brother...faith should be prooved yes, to our Father in Heaven through our devotion and works.....but for anyone to proove their faith to you? I really thought you were smarter than that.

I now realize you are not here to learn....you could care less about LDS answers....you want to push your own untruths and lies upon us....but I forgive you Josh becaue you know not what you do.....I will no longer be replying to your posts....God bless you Josh....I will pray for you!

Josh B)

Well, like I mentioned in another thread, A friend of mine once told me that he was attending a class on religion at B.Y.U. and the professor held up a K.J.V. Bible and said to the students: "Give me any topic, any topic at all, and I can prove it right with this book; however, I can also prove it wrong with this same book."

From this we gather that something that might prove a certain religion right according to one person might prove it wrong to another person. It is all a matter of how we understand it.

L.H.

<div class='quotemain'>

Josh B)

Well, like I mentioned in another thread, A friend of mine once told me that he was attending a class on religion at B.Y.U. and the professor held up a K.J.V. Bible and said to the students: "Give me any topic, any topic at all, and I can prove it right with this book; however, I can also prove it wrong with this same book."

From this we gather that something that might prove a certain religion right according to one person might prove it wrong to another person. It is all a matter of how we understand it.

L.H.

I am only asking for your opinion.

Josh B)

I can anwser to you Soulsearcher.

I believe it because some of the stuff Joseph Smith knew, he shouldn't have with his education. Also, there were WHITNESSES!

Whitnesses who left the church and NEVER denyed the truth, because if they did, they were condemed in the sight of God.

That is such a testimony.

Also, for Moroni 10:4-5. How can you say that if you wern't sure?

Another thing that my seminary teacher always brought up as well.. is that it withstood the test of time.

If it wern't true, I don't think it would have survuved what it went through.

It would have fallen apart because that would mean all of our prophets are false!

ALSO, PROPHETS!

We know that they are true by their fruits.

I know I can depend on our prophet today to take care of us.

That was for Soulsearcher!!! >(

Posted Image

Agreed!

Hello all,

quick note on what you said, Des

Another thing that my seminary teacher always brought up as well.. is that it withstood the test of time.

If it wern't true, I don't think it would have survuved what it went through. [sic]

this is not a good argument. If that is what it takes, all the other religions that have been along much longer than the LDS church would be "truth".

Thanks,

Dr. T

why are you here? are you mormon. ok. if you want to "know" why people are mormon. find out for yourself before you make accusations on what we believe and why! :angry:<_< your on here to make people realize that we mormons are a fraud! then you are on here for the wrong reasons! GO READ THE BOOK OF MORMON TO FIND OUT WHAT WE BELIEVE AND WHY. Then i hope you are ashamed.

Hello all,

quick note on what you said, Des

If it wern't true, I don't think it would have survuved what it went through. [sic]

this is not a good argument. If that is what it takes, all the other religions that have been along much longer than the LDS church would be "truth".

Thanks,

Dr. T

Other religions arn't accused of being beought about by false prophets.

I was taling about the book of mormon itself.

My problem with the "standing the test of time" idea is that if we look at Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, etc. which have been around much longer would you take that to mean that all of them are “the true church?" I don’t think you would. If it doesn’t work for those groups, why do you feel comfortable holding that one up as the “reason” for it being true? That was my point, Des.

Dr. T

How do I know that Mormonism is true?

Because the Holy Ghost bore witness to My Spirit of the truth of the restoration. I asked of God and He gave me a witness of the truth of the Church.

You cannot prove your faith to other people, they cannot experience my experiences. But they can get their own testimony of the truth in the same way that I received mine. Read the book of Mormon, pray about what it says, and ask God wether it's true.

JoshuaK and Soulsearcher, I have to agree with the LDS that it is going to be very difficult for them to explain why they think it is right/true to be of the LDS faith...apart from telling you all the promises that God/Jesus has made for one that belongs to his true church? The rest is based on faith in what they've seen/heard/read/experienced, and cannot be proven, in my opinion.

Fwiw, the picture that Lisajo posted was of Trolls, I think you might understand the message she was sending you now...

Personally, I don't think Joshua is a troll at all. I do think his questions are good ones, and deserve to be answered as fully as possible, although I can understand the frustration of some on here who are saying that he need not ask them the answers if he's already dismissed the explanations on such sites as Farms and Fairlds...however, I have tried reading some of those sites' explanations and have found them a little difficult to grasp at times, so maybe the same answers given in more laymen terms might be more suited to a forum such as this.

it is going to be very difficult for them to explain why they think it is right/true to be of the LDS faith...apart from telling you all the promises that God/Jesus has made for one that belongs to his true church? The rest is based on faith in what they've seen/heard/read/experienced, and cannot be proven, in my opinion.

This is true of all religion, not just the LDS Church. B)

PS. No member of the Church needs to "defend" the Lords Gospel....the truth of it does well enough on it's own!

On the contrary.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. (1 Pet 3:15)

And, you aught to test all things: Acts 17:11; 2 Cor 13:5; 1 Thess 5:21; 1 Jn 4:1

L.H.

So, you might be wrong then. Is that a chance you are willing to take? Do we all take that chance?