DisRuptive1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Cal@Mar 9 2004, 06:29 PM

and then you get a bevy of little blue haired ladies noding their heads in disgusted agreement.

The blue haired little ladies don't bother me. The grew up in a different era and I almost expect a different mindset from them. It's the evolution=heresy attitude of college educated people under forty and the teenagers my son tells me about in seminary that surprise me.

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 10 2004, 03:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 10 2004, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Cal@Mar 9 2004, 06:29 PM

and then you get a bevy of little blue haired ladies noding their heads in disgusted agreement.

The blue haired little ladies don't bother me. The grew up in a different era and I almost expect a different mindset from them. It's the evolution=heresy attitude of college educated people under forty and the teenagers my son tells me about in seminary that surprise me.

Actually curvy, evolution has been quite well accepted for 100 years or more by educated people--it shouldn't surprise you that young people are echoing the same old unenlighted views, they have been around since Darwin, and will no doubt continue among those who didn't pay attention in Biology 101.

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 8 2004, 01:55 PM

I have been coming to these boards for over 4 years and not one mormon has ever tried to witness to me. Just and interesting fact. I have never heard a mormon tell me of something their god did that I couldn't duplicate.

I want to see you descend from the sky in a pillar of light.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by srm+Mar 10 2004, 10:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (srm @ Mar 10 2004, 10:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Mar 8 2004, 01:55 PM

I have been coming to these boards for over 4 years and not one mormon has ever tried to witness to me. Just and interesting fact. I have never heard a mormon tell me of something their god did that I couldn't duplicate.

So you are able to heal a 17 year old after a double brain surgery...imediately with no ill after effects and complete recovery in less than one week?

or you are able to heal a woman's thigh bone, hip and back instantly while she lay in the ER?

Tell me more... :D;)

Originally posted by Peace@Mar 8 2004, 12:05 PM

Missionaries do nothing but witness.... :rolleyes:

Peace, that was one of the same thoughts that I had when I read the question at the top.... the first thing I thought of....missionary work :)

When I was a teen, we did a lot of "witnessing" in the towns and cities that we sang in. We went out looking for people who would be interested in hearing our group share joy, love, and peace thru music, and while we talked, we shared with others what Christ meant to us personally.... yes, it was our testimony. Basically, we were "member missionaries" (it was just a different religion :) )

-------------

Snow~

Disruptive, Your avatar is a naked gay guy (no offense to my friends who are naked and/or gay). What message are you trying to send us?

Who says the avatar is a "gay" guy?.....I LIKE the avatar Don't ruin it for me OK? :D

And I would much rather look at the "naked" guy than some preppy shop-a-holic walking the streets in little red shoes... :lol:

------------

Tr2~

I think that mormons have "witnessed" to you; you just put them down for sharing their feelings and faith with you. It's not that they haven't tried, it's that you have a put down for everything, so it is very discouraging.....And you consider yourself a God now? What's up with that?

Originally posted by Peace+Mar 10 2004, 10:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peace @ Mar 10 2004, 10:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -srm@Mar 10 2004, 10:40 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Tr2@Mar 8 2004, 01:55 PM

So you are able to heal a 17 year old after a double brain surgery...imediately with no ill after effects and complete recovery in less than one week?

or you are able to heal a woman's thigh bone, hip and back instantly while she lay in the ER?

Originally posted by Peace+Mar 10 2004, 10:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peace @ Mar 10 2004, 10:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

How did the 17 year old get two brains? :o Now THAT is a miracle.

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by Cal+Mar 11 2004, 07:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Mar 11 2004, 07:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Originally posted by -Peace@Mar 10 2004, 10:45 PM

How did the 17 year old get two brains? :o Now THAT is a miracle.

ROFL! :lol::D:P

The story is kind of vague in my mind, but there is family in the ward who has a son who has two kids. His first kid while still in the womb had a condition where there was water in her brain or something to that extent. Anyway, the doctors were pretty much sayin that the kid would be braindead or mentally retarded. But instead, the Father gave his wife a blessing and blessed her and the baby and the child was born wihtout any complication. If that aint a witness I don't know what is.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Cal@Mar 10 2004, 10:13 PM

Actually curvy, evolution has been quite well accepted for 100 years or more by educated people--it shouldn't surprise you that young people are echoing the same old unenlighted views, they have been around since Darwin, and will no doubt continue among those who didn't pay attention in Biology 101.

True. I learned it in school, but I still didn't believe it. There's a lot more evidence now with advanced DNA science and the increasing archaeological finds. I just don't see how anyone who really studies it in earnest can dispute it.

Tell me more...

Heal somebody after surgery? My understanding is that there is a considerable amout of swelling after any type of major surgery like that to the nervous system. Swelling NATURALLY goes away. This is a well documented medical fact that happens in the majority of cases.

Re-locate a bone in the lower body? Again this is a skills that doctors do quite well. As a paramedic I am not licenced to do this, so I guess you have me there.

Neither of these is proof of God doing anything.

Anyway, the doctors were pretty much sayin that the kid would be braindead or mentally retarded

I respect doctors quite a great deal and have the priviledge of working along side them on a regular basis. But they are wrong on occasion. I once corrected a doctor about an ECG strip, and he acknowedged that. That baby and I have each proven doctors wrong.

If you guys are going to keep using medical examples, at least do your homework first.

I want to see you descend from the sky in a pillar of light

I am talking about things that you have first hand experience with, not things you've read in a book.

Guest Taoist_Saint

People seem to be confused by your question.

Are you saying that your God can duplicate anything that the LDS God can do?

Or are you saying that you can do anything the LDS God can do?

I guess we would like to see where you are going with this...I'll start by honestly answering your question...

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 8 2004, 07:27 PM

Let's see what you have duplicated

What has your god done?
By "my God", I'll assume you mean God the Father according to LDS Doctrine, AKA Elohim.

What has he done?

1. God the Father (LDS version) created billions of spirit children which will be given physical bodies.

2. God the Father (LDS version) "designed" the Earth, and instructed his spirit son, Jehovah, in building it.

3. God the Father flooded the earth.

So...where is this going?

Originally posted by porterrockwell@Mar 11 2004, 02:37 PM

The story is kind of vague in my mind, but there is family in the ward who has a son who has two kids.  His first kid while still in the womb had a condition where there was water in her brain or something to that extent.  Anyway, the doctors were pretty much sayin that the kid would be braindead or mentally retarded.  But instead, the Father gave his wife a blessing and blessed her and the baby and the child was born wihtout any complication.  If that aint a witness I don't know what is.

Porter--it sure doesn't take much to convince you does it? A doctor is wrong, the gospel is true :rolleyes: Carry on bro!

Originally posted by Cal+Mar 11 2004, 07:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Mar 11 2004, 07:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--porterrockwell@Mar 11 2004, 02:37 PM

The story is kind of vague in my mind, but there is family in the ward who has a son who has two kids.  His first kid while still in the womb had a condition where there was water in her brain or something to that extent.  Anyway, the doctors were pretty much sayin that the kid would be braindead or mentally retarded.  But instead, the Father gave his wife a blessing and blessed her and the baby and the child was born wihtout any complication.  If that aint a witness I don't know what is.

Porter--it sure doesn't take much to convince you does it? A doctor is wrong, the gospel is true :rolleyes: Carry on bro!

Actually, you missed the whole point BRO! The kid WAS GOING to have brain damage. The doctors were right, but the blessing healed that baby, and the doctors were stumped, they couldn't figure it out. Unfortunately, you are not here to learn, nor to believe, which is very disheartening, because that was a touching story. And a true one. I also have story about one of my close friends who broke his back in a football game and was very close to some serious problems immediately following the incident that night. But I dare not cast pearls before swine.

Actually, you missed the whole point BRO! The kid WAS GOING to have brain damage. The doctors were right, but the blessing healed that baby, and the doctors were stumped, they couldn't figure it out. Unfortunately, you are not here to learn, nor to believe, which is very disheartening, because that was a touching story. And a true one. I also have story about one of my close friends who broke his back in a football game and was very close to some serious problems immediately following the incident that night. But I dare not cast pearls before swine.

Thank you for calling me a PIG, Porter---quite Christian of you. Is that what they taught you in SS this week? "Now class, our Gospel Doctrine lesson todya is about what Jesus tells us to do when people disagree with us? Porter, that's right. Call them PIGs. Porter would you give the closing prayer, please?"

BTW, how did the doctors know the baby was going to have brain damage--did they give the kid an IQ test in the womb? Obviously not, they were simply guessing that he would based on indirect testing. Medical science is often more art than science, and the human brain has amazing powers of recovery apart from any mystecism that you require.

BTW--I'm not mocking the story, I questioning your INTERPRETATION of it. Try to make finer distinctions and you will get a lot further in life.

Originally posted by Snow@Mar 12 2004, 11:31 AM

Cal,

What is up with your inablitly to use quote tags correctly?

Get with the program for heaven's sake. You're an educator. Lead by example and we'll follow.

I agree! The board does practically everything for you. All you have to do is reply in the box above.

M.