Duct Tape

StrawberryFields

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Yediyd

I saved all my cardbord milk cartons...cut them in half, duck taped them together to fit in my top dresser drawers...now I have all my socks and panty hose in neet little cubicals and not all helter scelter in the drawer. I did this in the den with veriouse size empty food boxes and we find our tape, sissers,pens,pencils,and "what nots" all in one spot. I got Soooooooooo sick of the junk drawer!!!!!!!!!

I also made a cardboard doll house out of duck tape and cardbored boxes and a fabric and walpaper sample book that I got from a paint store. (they give the old ones away)

We also decorated the doll house with cut outs from the junk mail that floods my mailbox.

My kids and I had hours of fun making that doll house and my 14 yr old daughter still has it. I think it was WAY better than one I could have bought in a store and we had so much fun making it together that she keeps it now just for the sentimental value of it.

Also, we made play dough out of flour and water and made allthe furnature out of little boxes, fabric scraps and the dough...we even made dishes and play food. When it dried, the kids play with them over and over for hours at a time! Very little money was spent and this is a fond memory my kids will charish.

Awhile back my son broke a 16 oz candle on the step coming into the house. It was more of a big crack and I placed it into the pantry. The other day I pulled it out and wanted to burn it. I noticed the crack and decided to wrap it with some thin black duct tape. The candle is stripped and so it just looks like the bottom stripe is black.

Sometimes I just amaze MYSELF. :D

• 2 months later...

On the drive home the tape started to really bug him so he started to take it off inch by inch OUCH! When we got home and got him to the doctor he sure got a good laugh when he saw his perfectly smooth tummy and chest with some of the tape residue left. :lol:

Who needs hot wax anyway??? lol :sparklygrin:

Here's another one....

My brother is singer/entertainer.

His amps and speakers get really knocked about with loading and unloading in transit to gigs.

Before too long they really get to looking shabby.

He covers them in duct tape...especially the damaged areas.

Then he repaints them in jet black gloss paint.

They look brand new on stage.

On the drive home the tape started to really bug him so he started to take it off inch by inch OUCH! When we got home and got him to the doctor he sure got a good laugh when he saw his perfectly smooth tummy and chest with some of the tape residue left. :lol:

Who needs hot wax anyway??? lol :sparklygrin:

Here's another one....

My brother is singer/entertainer.

His amps and speakers get really knocked about with loading and unloading in transit to gigs.

Before too long they really get to looking shabby.

He covers them in duct tape...especially the damaged areas.

Then he repaints them in jet black gloss paint.

They look brand new on stage.

What a perfectly divine writer that is in the first 'quote' :lol:;)

I Love Duct Tape!

Great IDEA TOO! Painting the Duct Tape. :D

:hmmm: Oh the things that could be repaired.... :hmmm: