For all who think they have it worse than the next guy or gal

carlimac

Maybe this is callous, but, meh. We all have our issues to deal with. All I know is all the problems I have to deal with. I refuse to compare my issues with someone else and think that if they have it worse than me, then who am I to complain. To me, that's the dumbest, belittling thought one can have.

If I were to march out all the things I had heaped on me, and had/have to deal with, I'm sure I can bring a few of you to tears.

At a stke cinference, we were told by a GA (can't remember who) that our trials are more even than we know. Some might seem to be more tragic or difficult, but they are still even and "taylored" for us. Sometimes I feel I have it bad, then I see someone that seems to have something much worse than me, but they say they would want mine and will keep their own. guess we can all handle differnt things.

Maybe this is callous, but, meh. We all have our issues to deal with. All I know is all the problems I have to deal with. I refuse to compare my issues with someone else and think that if they have it worse than me, then who am I to complain. To me, that's the dumbest, belittling thought one can have.

If I were to march out all the things I had heaped on me, and had/have to deal with, I'm sure I can bring a few of you to tears.

Sour grapes?

:P

Hillary Weeks has a beautiful voice.

But... I have to agree with Slamjet. Comparing our problems with someone else's doesn't work very well. We all have our bag of rocks to carry in this life. Some of those rocks are ones we put there. Others are just what life deals us. Heavenly Father knows which rocks we can carry and Christ knows which ones we will need help with.

The blessings I've been given help me carry my rocks. My blessings aren't the same as someone else's nor are my rocks.

I don't think the song / video should be looked at as "oh, she/he has it harder than me". I think the song is more about knowing that whatever the challenge you have before you, you can overcome it.

I saw it this way as well. I don't think she intended it to be a guilt inducing video of "see how much worse it could be" so much as strengthening and uplifting, courage for your trials whatever they are.

OK OK. I didn't mean for this to be a contest of who has the worst problems. Yes, absolutely we all have our bag of rocks. Sometmes folks get so focused on their own trial that they forget that, Hey, other people are suffering, too. No one is immune or excluded from the "fun" of having to go through tough stuff in life. It might help to look at trials as blessings ("beautiful heartbreaks") that are given to us to help us grow closer to our Savior. It's not (as it seemed I was implying) that any one's trials are worse than yours. Each can ask yourself if you thought I was pointing fingers at you specifically- I wasn't- except maybe at Soulsearcher ;) He's aware of that. The message is simply that having trials is part of life and there is help out there to deal with them- other human beings who have suffered (generic) and who can care for you, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and "hope".

Sorry if my subject line was misleading. I didn't word it right.

Edited by carlimac