The other day as I was leaving the pharmacy, the clerk called me back. He then informed me he was assigned as my Mothers Home Teacher and therefore he would be assigned to my Family, since we physically have the same address, and that this would be done to avoid confussion. I walked away shaking my head, I had just spoke to my EQP earlier that week and spoke about the Brother assigned as our HT. The Brother claimng the change has in the past been assigned to my family, I had to ask to have him removed after he taught some questionable doctirne in my home and when questioned on it he replied oh its in there you just have to read it. Since then he has been elevated to the ofice of HP, so in order for him to be assigned to my family Quorm lines would need to be crossed. I contacted My EQP, he shook his head and said ther was no changes in the works.

This is not the 1st time this Brother has claimed to have an answer to a self precived issue in the ward and announce toselect members that he is the answer to that problem.

My question is what would you have done if you were in my shoes?

I think you did the right thing to just walk away, especially in public. If he comes to visit or calls to make an appointment to visit, then tell him you have spoken with the EQP and he isn't your HT. Be kind but firm.

If he persists talk to the Bishop.

You aren't clear about whether or not he is your Mother's HT or just thinks he is. If he is he will need to talk to her to arrange for a HT visit. If having him in your home at all is a problem then talk to your mother and then the HP Group Leader. Again... if he persists talk to the Bishop.

Yep. This is a "go argue with the Elders Quorum President about it" issue. No need to waste any more energy on it than that.

(Other than to make sure you sustain your church leaders, because from what I can see, it isn't easy dealing with all the tons of situations like this they go through on a weekly basis.)