Running shoes

GregOstertag

This thread is for all the runners out there!

Right now I have been running with the Adidas Adizero Rush. It's a very light weight shoe, and has definitely helped me up my speed. Before the Adizero rush, I was running in the Nike Lunarglide+ 3s. This shoe had a lot more comfort/padding, but it was heavier.

Anyway, I will be buying some new running shoes soon I think... I'm kind of a girl when it comes to shoes (sexist joke :P) and I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations?

Right now I am eyeing the Adidas Adios 2. I'm looking for a blend between the light weight Adizero rush and the Lungarglide... A light weight shoe but with a big more comfort.

I'm a girl when it comes to shoes. I am very particular with my shoes. I tend to get brand discriminatory because certain brands consistently perform better with certain fuctions.

For example - for my high heeled sandals, I don't get anything but Michael Kors shoes. It's the only brand that I can afford that provides the best balance on the platform.

When it comes to running shoes, I'm solidly an Asics customer. I went to a running specialty store - yes, that's all they sell - running equipment - and got my foot analyzed by the experts there. I have wide feet with flat arches and so I went with the Asics Fortitude which provides maximum support for my over pronation and it has a wide toe box. Recently, I tried on the Kinsei which is also very comfortable but it seems a bit heavier than my Fortitude. It was a lot more expensive than the Fortitude so I got another Fortitude instead. Most of my family is a Nike fan. My brother is an Adidas fan. I've had Nikes and Adidas through the years but none of them is better than my Asics.

Now, I'm not a runner. I'm just an exerciser and a dog walker...

Edited by anatess

I'm a girl when it comes to shoes. I am very particular with my shoes. I tend to get brand discriminatory because certain brands consistently perform better with certain fuctions.

For example - for my high heeled sandals, I don't get anything but Michael Kors shoes. It's the only brand that I can afford that provides the best balance on the platform.

When it comes to running shoes, I'm solidly an Asics customer. I went to a running specialty store - yes, that's all they sell - running equipment - and got my foot analyzed by the experts there. I have wide feet with flat arches and so I went with the Asics Fortitude which provides maximum support for my over pronation and it has a wide toe box. Recently, I tried on the Kinsei which is also very comfortable but it seems a bit heavier than my Fortitude. It was a lot more expensive than the Fortitude so I got another Fortitude instead. Most of my family is a Nike fan. My brother is an Adidas fan. I've had Nikes and Adidas through the years but none of them is better than my Asics.

Now, I'm not a runner. I'm just an exerciser and a dog walker...

Asics do tend to be one of the best, i tend to try to sell them to the customers who either want the best or really are into running, that being said i have a number of customers, and myself who just can't wear the Asics, there's just something in them that i can get comfortable with them. I tend to stick closer to the saucony brand and have found it to be just a bit better for what i need. They tend to have the cushioning and support i need that i nkow i could get in the Asics if they just fit my feet a little better.

Haha I should! But it's always good to see what other people are using :)

I'll have to try some Asics out. I do admit, however, I am somewhat vain, so I do like my shoes to look good. Maybe it's because I am peacocking as I am still single.

Anyway, I definitely need to find a running store close to me and find out what shoes would be best for me.

• 1 month later...

I used to be an Asics fan, but now when I run I've been using Vibram 5 fingers and love them. It's switched up the running mechanics a bit and havn't had a hint of shin splints. They look a bit nerdy, even though mine are just black, so if it's all about the steez you might want to look else where.