Best friend getting ready for mission after two years inactivity! need help!

Eleven

Hey guys, im a recently married RM, and one of my best friends from all the way into 3rd grade became inactive and moves out of town very close a lady in pecticular. He's been to the bishop just recently for petting, dry thrusting and self gratification and felt amazing coming out of the office. He has a two month probation and then is when he will talk to bishop about being ready for papers or not! Not the best news but a step forward is still a step forward! He's been reading miracle of forgiveness and loves it.

Here's the help needed!

It had never struck him that petting had different categories, he thought petting was just touching a girl inappropriately clothes or no clothes, chest or down below (trying to keep it PG)

He said the bishop never asked details, it was just what did you do and how often did it happen. Miracle of forgiveness said something like petting, and especially heavy petting, are extremely close twins with fornication. I've checked this book and mormon doctrine (however reliable it is )and and could not find something that would tell me heavy petting was more rash or a heavier sin than just petting. He is wanting to know if his confession and feelings were legitimate or if he needs ti go back and specify what kind of petting it was.

Please help! He's eager to move forward and anxious he did something wrong. He really doesn't want the bishop to think he was holding back details like you hear so much about, but of he has to go back he will

Thanks

Did he withhold something from the bishop, or did he answer all questions honestly? If the former, he should go back to the bishop; if the latter, he is fine, and should quit dwelling on particulars.

I don't even know what "dry thrusting" is, but somehow I feel confident that I don't want to know.

Did he withhold something from the bishop, or did he answer all questions honestly? If the former, he should go back to the bishop; if the latter, he is fine, and should quit dwelling on particulars.

I don't even know what "dry thrusting" is, but somehow I feel confident that I don't want to know.

We used to call in "levi lovin'".

Hey guys, im a recently married RM, and one of my best friends from all the way into 3rd grade became inactive and moves out of town very close a lady in pecticular. He's been to the bishop just recently for petting, dry thrusting and self gratification and felt amazing coming out of the office. He has a two month probation and then is when he will talk to bishop about being ready for papers or not! Not the best news but a step forward is still a step forward! He's been reading miracle of forgiveness and loves it.

Here's the help needed!

It had never struck him that petting had different categories, he thought petting was just touching a girl inappropriately clothes or no clothes, chest or down below (trying to keep it PG)

He said the bishop never asked details, it was just what did you do and how often did it happen. Miracle of forgiveness said something like petting, and especially heavy petting, are extremely close twins with fornication. I've checked this book and mormon doctrine (however reliable it is )and and could not find something that would tell me heavy petting was more rash or a heavier sin than just petting. He is wanting to know if his confession and feelings were legitimate or if he needs ti go back and specify what kind of petting it was.

Please help! He's eager to move forward and anxious he did something wrong. He really doesn't want the bishop to think he was holding back details like you hear so much about, but of he has to go back he will

Thanks

Well, most likely he is going back in for a follow up interview. (I don't know many bishops who don't monitor the progress of those in formal repentance.) He can take the book with him and talk about the question that is worrying him. Then the both can work together to determine if the confession needs amending.

What I feel in this post is lots of fear and panic. Relax! All is well and all will be fine.

From what I understand. my friend began to confess dry thrusting and then the bishop asked after that "Was there any petting" and my friend said yes. Without any detail the bishop began to tell him what to do, so my friends biggest concern was after the bishop had asked him if there was any petting involved should he have said yes AND heavy petting or should he be okay by just saying there was petting. He wasn't withholding anything he was just answering with the best of his ability, he thought that's what it was called he didn't know the difference between the two. Is there a higher penalty for heavy petting or are the treated the same? That's what he's most concerned about.

From what I understand. my friend began to confess dry thrusting and then the bishop asked after that "Was there any petting" and my friend said yes. Without any detail the bishop began to tell him what to do, so my friends biggest concern was after the bishop had asked him if there was any petting involved should he have said yes AND heavy petting or should he be okay by just saying there was petting. He wasn't withholding anything he was just answering with the best of his ability, he thought that's what it was called he didn't know the difference between the two. Is there a higher penalty for heavy petting or are the treated the same? That's what he's most concerned about.

Not penalty.....repentance....change. The Adversary surely wants this young man to question and fear. He will be interviewed a whole lot more before he serves his mission, he will be able to talk about it more if he feels he needs to.....

• 2 weeks later...

Not penalty.....repentance....change. The Adversary surely wants this young man to question and fear. He will be interviewed a whole lot more before he serves his mission, he will be able to talk about it more if he feels he needs to.....

Sorry it took me a while to answer back! thanks for all the responses and sorry for the "squirmish" details lol.

He has a follow up interview this week and he's looking forward to it to show his progress. one question though, obviously my use of the term "penalty" was misused, and thanks for the correction. Im having a hard time interpreting your response though. Are you saying yes, there is a higher repentance for heavy petting, therefore he should go and clarify? Or in your other sentence, should he not worry about it because " the adversary surely wants this young man to question and fear"?

I showed him the responses and his last inquiry was something like "so all i am required to do is answer all questions honestly? even if the bishop may not ask all necessary questions? And if my case by case situation is that he did ask all necessary questions, what if he didnt ask detailed questions?

Is petting and heavy petting treated exactly the same, yes or no, is his biggest question that would solve all worries.

Obviously following the spirit is answer #1, and he has prayed a lot about it from what he's said. He hasnt received an exact answer of one of the other though, at least not yet.

thanks again guys.

Edited by Eleven

Hi, Eleven. It is a pleasure to meet you. :)

It seems apparent that your friend believes he crossed some line in the various shades of fornication. The exact details are irrelevant. If your friend feels a line was crossed then have your friend speak about it boldly and honestly with his bishop so that it can be out in the open and vetted. The bishop will judge whether it is relevant to your friends repentance process or not. That is the bishop's job.

Regards,

Finrock

Edited by Finrock
spelling

Why a rude response?

I never made it my business, but thanks for the bold and unthoughtful assumption?

My friend started going back to church and through inactivity had questions he wanted answered before the long scheduled "return and report" meeting with his bishop. What am going to say "get away and dont ask me these questions you creep."?

That's definitely the way to keep friends.

He's read everything on here and has chose its better to not worry and will clarify with the bishop when his meeting comes up. This thread can be closed

A little thin skinned huh.......but you did post the question on a public forum clearly you made it your business.....not everything is going to be sugar coated

My intention was not to be rude but to point out that sometime instead of discussing these things Ina public nature the bishop or whoever he is speaking with should be allowed to handle it which it seems like that's what going to happen.....

A little thin skinned huh.......but you did post the question on a public forum clearly you made it your business.....not everything is going to be sugar coated

My intention was not to be rude but to point out that sometime instead of discussing these things Ina public nature the bishop or whoever he is speaking with should be allowed to handle it which it seems like that's what going to happen.....

lol I suggested the idea. he was ok with that as long as i didnt name names.

I dont know why you would point out that he should go to a bishop when he already tried to meet with him a long time ago but had to be scheduled for a later date. Bishops are busy. Sometimes, its not so bad to talk to friends and to be so curious about your standing with God that you would do anything to find answers.

So, in this case, theres no reason to post here unless your looking for an argument. Judging by any other post you've made in any thread, it seems thats all your willing to do :)

So dont have too much fun kid.

Eleven

Imhave more life experience in my big toe than you have in you entire body .....kid

And with only 12 posts to your credit, you have offended more people with your posts than some that have been members of this site for a year.

It might behoove you to lighten up a bit with people.

Alucard1975, please stop putting a blind eye to your responses so we can all just get over this...

..This very month you have decided to join LDS.net to offer your opinion. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR OPINION. NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE. Lets get that on the table and stop talking about it. I am fully aware i posted a question on a public forum.

The point is, there is a happy medium. You don't have an ultimatum of "fuzzy nice pretty comments and rude comments.

Dont try to mask your offensive ways of responding by a table cloth of your "point of view". We never said you had to stop responding. We said lighten up.

There are a million ways to say something my friend, and consistently youre choosing to be rude, my thread and many others. There hasnt been a single other person to back you up and say that you havent been rude, so take that into consideration and make a change. I havent seen any threads created by you, so this tells me that you joined to offer your opinion. AWESOME. We need more opinions. Here's a bit of advice. No one is going to take your advice in the ways you've offered it. Asking you to be kind with your words has nothing to do with comments that shower warm fuzzies, its just being civil.

Can we please move on now?

Really? Because I don't offer the fuzzy nice pretty point of view, Elevenasked a question in a public forum I offered my opinion, it's ok if you don't agree with me, but my initial response was not rude just an opinion

Gee...I don't know...I think when the head mod suggests that you lighten up, it might be a good idea to take that advice seriously.

"Just an opinion".