What would be your favorite non spiritual posessions?

Hala401

This may be the hardest thing ever to answer when it comes to material possessions with the exception of life and good health.

If there were a magic jeannie or a wish for me to have to a very long time is a long very healthy life. I am just one of those people that believes with good health we can have all the rest of the stuff if we are willing to work hard at it.

I was once talking to a few friends about a hurricane threat and the conversation came up about what would we want to save in the event of a disaster. And without hesitation, my answer was if it is breathing we save it, and if not it's replaceable.

Although I am far from what one would call wealthy, I have been blessed with a good education, a comfortable home, good food to eat. more clothes, trinkets and baubles that are even of practical use to me.

I agree with Vort that family photos and journals are important memories and now with the age of computers and hosting sites we don't have to carry all that stuff around.

But good health allows us to enjoy our lives and serve others.

I was just wondering what sorts of possessions people would value if they were able to have what they want. This is not about spiritual possessions but about earthly desires.

I'll start: Audi R-8 in white with pink trim, Ruger p-90 .45, Hobbit house, to be size 6, oh, and um a perfect recipe for chocolate cake. :)

ooof toughy....

tossup between my copy of

Posted Image

Posted Image

or my star trek collection...

altho getting a perfect emulator that could run Mac OS9x flawlessly would make my day too.

This is a hard question because the thing I want most isn't a material possession. I just want to be out of pain and have the strength and energy to do "life"

After that, I would like a bigger garden. The means to preserve everything we grow. I'd like to be self sufficient as much as possible when it comes to food.

On the less serious side: An IPad. A Kindle Fire. A new cell phone (mine is 3yo and falling apart). A serger. A new Bernina. A full set of knitting needles (I already have a full set of crochet hooks). A fabric store. A yarn store. A new car (mine has 220,000 miles on it and still going great but little things are starting to break).

Forgive that I didn't read the entire thread....

But what I want in all the world is a big house, with a big living room, and a big kitchen. And it has to be on the lake with awesome outdoor dining on the back patio. I want this because I love architecture and I've always dreamed of designing my own house. And I love the psychology of place.....I just want to create a space that is warm...and notably me. But more than any of that, I wish more than anything to fill that house with my family and dear friends. And I would eat, pray, & laugh together with those beautiful precious people. I have loneliness in my life. It's not something I speak of often. But in my secret wishes, this would be my favorite greatest blessing of all. :)

Forgive that I didn't read the entire thread....

But what I want in all the world is a big house, with a big living room, and a big kitchen. And it has to be on the lake with awesome outdoor dining on the back patio. I want this because I love architecture and I've always dreamed of designing my own house. And I love the psychology of place.....I just want to create a space that is warm...and notably me. But more than any of that, I wish more than anything to fill that house with my family and dear friends. And I would eat, pray, & laugh together with those beautiful precious people. I have loneliness in my life. It's not something I speak of often. But in my secret wishes, this would be my favorite greatest blessing of all. :)

I meant this to be a soft, giggly thread, thinking about things that would be fun but not required. My roomates actually asked me what I would do with a Car that would go 250 MPH? That was silly, I admit. I was actually just thinking of the romance of the idea, who could afford that much gas? And I would get in so much trouble! I know that every police man that saw me would swear I was speeding even if I was parked. Sigh .

I too miss someone opening my door, asking for dinner, being cuddled at night. But, these are spiritual gifts from Heavenly Father. Only some of us get them.

I meant this to be a soft, giggly thread, thinking about things that would be fun but not required. My roomates actually asked me what I would do with a Car that would go 250 MPH? That was silly, I admit. I was actually just thinking of the romance of the idea, who could afford that much gas? And I would get in so much trouble! I know that every police man that saw me would swear I was speeding even if I was parked. Sigh .

I too miss someone opening my door, asking for dinner, being cuddled at night. But, these are spiritual gifts from Heavenly Father. Only some of us get them.

Ok then. I'll just concentrate on how completely awesome it would be to spend a kabillion dollars on the house I want. :)

Ok then. I'll just concentrate on how completely awesome it would be to spend a kabillion dollars on the house I want. :)

OK, I love hobbit houses. However if I could spend a Kaboozle of money, and the world was a happy, well fed, and pleasing to Heavenly Father, then I would want to have a home in the side of a deep canyon with concealed windows that opened into the canyon, and a very well concealed entrance on top. LOL

What would be or what are?

Hard to say what they would be as an adult I treat myself pretty good and can save and work hard to buy pretty much anything I want...... Mmmmm current possessions something I'd flip out if I lost or if it were stolen....

My golf clubs yup I'd lose my mind, I'd sleep with them if my wife would let me