Freemasons

All_Apologies

To be more precise, the Royal Arch was in Illinois. That is not usually considered a "higher degree." Further, the numbered degree rank of 32 applies to Scottish Rite Masonry, not York "Rite" which comprehends Royal Arch, Cryptic and Knight Templar degrees in three non-sequential degree sets in the US.

Yes, I should have said I am unaware of any such evidence. I've been waiting for Mr. Literski's book for some years. I look forward to it.

I should have noted previously that I am not, to the best of my knowledge, a Luciferian. I am a Latter-day Saint and a Republican, the latter of which may qualify as a Luciferian for some :).

The York rite was in Illinois -- John C. Bennett sent Royal Arch cypher communications to them, though he clearly should not have.

Hmmm.... No *published* evidence, perhaps. Look to Nick Literski/Joe Swicks forthcoming book "Method Infinite" on that... Hopefully in 2013!

Glad you joined the thread!

HiJolly

Something to remember about the pentagram - It symbolizes Christ, as every Christian understood until about 1854 when some drunk defrocked Catholic priest decided to call the pentagram something evil.

Mormonism and temples/Inverted Stars on LDS Temples - FAIRMormon

Mormonism and temples/Inverted Stars on LDS Temples/Further Reading - FAIRMormon

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

I should have noted previously that I am not, to the best of my knowledge, a Luciferian. I am a Latter-day Saint and a Republican, the latter of which may qualify as a Luciferian for some :).

And the former to many others.

I've read that Joseph Smith was a 32 degree freemason. I've also read that 33 degree masons are Luciferian. What do you, personally, tell people when they bring up the fact that Joseph Smith was a freemason and that the temple has masonic symbolism on it? I don't know what to tell people when they ask me this, so I usually don't say anything.

When I was a child, I went into a masonic temple for my friend's church dance (she was Presbyterian). That place had such an evil, creepy feeling inside. Don't quite know what to make of Joseph Smith being a freemason.

What thoughts do you all have on this? I don't know what to think.

I wouldn't believe everything you read about the Masons - even in Dan Brown's novels! For one thing, the Masonic degrees above 3rd are not part of regular Masonry anyway - they belong to what is called the Scottish Rite, which is an independent organization that 3rd degree Masons are eligible to join. I may be wrong, but I think it doubtful that Joseph Smith was a "higher degree" Mason. In England the Scottish Rite is not even recognized by the Grand Lodges.

Edited by Jamie123

I wouldn't believe everything you read about the Masons - even in Dan Brown's novels! For one thing, the Masonic degrees above 3rd are not part of regular Masonry anyway - they belong to what is called the Scottish Rite, which is an independent organization that 3rd degree Masons are eligible to join. I may be wrong, but I think it doubtful that Joseph Smith was a "higher degree" Mason. In England the Scottish Rite is not even recognized by the Grand Lodges.

It is correct that surfing the net would not be the best way to obtain information about the LDS Church or Freemasonry. As previously noted, Joseph was not a member of any higher degrees. Indeed, if you read the history of the Anson Call prophecy, you garner an understanding of his Masonic position.

Just to clarify, the Northern and Southern Jurisdictions of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite are, indeed, regular. They are not part of the Grand Lodge system in Grand Lodges who participate in the Conference of Grand Masters, but they are regular and leaders are introduced at Grand Lodge meetings. Further, the Ancient & Accepted Rite is in amity with the United Grand Lodge of England as well. I just shared the stage with the AAR representative at the Provincial Grand Lodge of Cheshire. The AAR often uses the same Masonic Halls as the lodges and other side orders/appendant bodies.