help i am a NON ACTIVE church member

johnsontridbe

I am not active since my divorce but still getting church visits as i am in a domestic partnership with a difference she accepts that i don't wish sexual connections before marriage and other boundaries but she accepts my church values but does not accept them for herself how with non church members as her bridle party that we live but not sleep together and that i dont do strippers or anything alike ...

thanks to all who comment

I'm not sure what comments you're hoping for since you didn't ask anything. I think you are at a crossroads, and you need to decide if you're in or out. You can balance in the middle for only so long. Obviously most of the people here would encourage you to get active, and live your covenants.

My question is, why are you still on the fence? Obviously the gospel is important to you or you wouldn't be seeking input here. Without know where your heart and mind are at, there isn't much anyone can offer other than the generic, come back, you'll be welcome.

OK firstly bishop can do a wedding but its more the issue of being the only member in the branch living were we live and we have us and 4 kids between us and i work a low paying job and only have a 5 seat car so cant get to church

So how do you get around when all 6 of you have to go other places together?

Well, if we have an issue like that here, we just carpool the kids or one of the adults. My ward boundaries are very large, but we always manage to get everyone that wants to come. If you contact the local missionaries or the bishop, etc, I'm sure someone would help get you there. Also if there are Elders there, they also help teach members returning to activity, and your new bride can learn more about your faith.