USPS, what is your problem?

Backroads

Several weeks ago, I broke the blender and went online to order a replacement part. I've been thinking "gee, it's about time that piece should be arriving" and went to check the tracking.

Turns out the address wasn't "deliverable".

This is the second time in two months something like this as happened. I've confirmed my address is CASS certified, which you think would be good enough for the post office. And yes, I checked to make sure the address I gave the company was correct.

Am I just dealing with a completely incompetent mailman?

Now I'm hoping I at least a refund or something since no one can find my house, apparently.

I had a problem in the past. My city named the road I live on PLACE. The USPS considered it STREET. Neither would budge. Mapquest and Google Maps took about 4-years to recognize our address (it was a new development). When they did, it was STREET that won out.

So, whatever you do...DON'T MESS WITH THE POST OFFICE! :-)

We solved the problem by not having a mail box, but rather a post office box. Its a lot easier in the winter and keeping the mail box clear for the mailman. I don't have to worry about security... somebody stealing mail out of the mailbox.

However, it is a small post office and sometimes during the holidays it takes several days for the 3 employees to get the packages to the right box or on the shelf in the right order.

:(

We have lived at our current address for two years now. When I bought the house, I went to City Hall to pay the taxes due on it and to register it. It is a manufactured home, thus in this county it has to be registered.

They have it as Merten Dr. I am number 8. My husband goes by Yahoo Maps and uses Mertin #8. Well the UPS driver knows me, saw me in town and asked where, exactly do I live. She now knows and no matter what is on the parcel- if it has Hubby or my name on it- UPS gets it to us.

During the holidays, FedEx has extra drivers. They also have a no signature policy. According to the email we got, they delivered our Christmas gift package to the house on the 21st. We thought that maybe they meant delivered to the Post Office (which FedEx does frequently). Nope not there. So on Christmas Eve- at 5 pm, Hubby called FedEx and asked which house our package got delivered too? What color was it and what number was on the front of the house.

An hour later our across the street neighbor brings a package to our door, saying FedEx delivered it to the house up on the corner, which is #1. They held on to it- planning on bringing it to us after they got back from their Christmas day celebration.

Hubby used Mertin. I got all bent out of shape and told him to cease and desist using Yahoo - Use Google maps backed up by the US Postal Service. Also - I showed him the tax papers ---- M E R T E N - - - Yahoo can go for a LONG walk off a short dock!

Just as we were looking up FedEx's number ~ they called us back to report that the driver had delivered to the wrong house and it would be fixed by noon on Christmas! Told FedEx that the wrong house and brought us our package. Thanks! Hum, on Christmas? FedEx would have their driver go make the correction on Christmas? Cool.

Our little Post Office officially closes at noon on Christmas eve, but the Post Master stays until around 9 PM - if you find a yellow slip in you box, you can knock on the window to the sorting room, and he will get you your package. I have lived here since 1978, with a break from 2004-2010, and it has always been this way. Love my little town.

Well, my zip code is correct according to Pam's link.

My address before this one was legitimately confusing and I am surprised I never had any mess-ups there. This one, though... it's a very standard address.

The worst was when I reregistered my car over the internet. The papers and stickers never came. I figured "oh well" and headed over to city hall to pick up everything that way. The lady, instead of just simply verifying I'm registered and handing me my stuff, decided to investigate the mystery. She discovered USPS couldn't find my house, then gives me this look and starts interrogating me about my address. Took me forever just to get proof my car had been registered.