What breakfast traditions do you have?

EarlJibbs

I love breakfast! Tell me some of your favorite breakfast ideas and traditions!

Let me start. Mine is pretty tipical, my family calls it "The Whole Nine Yards".

It is what is sounds like. When I was growing up, my dad was out of town a lot on Sundays. When he was home he would cook this for us. Basically, it included, sliced fried ham, eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, hash browns, fruit cup and fresh squeezed orange juice by hand. I would normally chop all of mine up (accept the fruit) and make it into a skillet. I still carry that tradition in my family, however usually during the week and for dinner.

Growing up my family did crepes on Christmas morning. This was our "breakfast tradition". Mum would make the crepes one by one, and as you were served you put whatever you wanted on it and rolled it up! Typically on the table was fresh lemon, fresh berries, various jams and a bowl of sugar.

In my household, I'm really bad about eating breakfast. It's a hit or miss for me. But on the weekends I will do the "Whole Nine Yards" (as you call it) for my husband.

Make your own breakfast has become a family tradition. It gets to be very peaceful when everybody gets what they want instead of the bickering on who gets to eat somebody else's favorite breakfast and mom yelling, "This is not a restaurant! Eat what's infront of you!"...

Whenever I visit my parents, I still ask my dad to make fried potatoes on Saturday morning. He's come to expect that I'll pretty much always request it when I'm home. He usually offers an omelet as well.

My family's Christmas breakfast tradition was always breakfast pizza (pre-made thin crust, Alfredo sauce, scrambled eggs, bacon and/or sausage, green onions, cilantro, diced tomatoes, and cheese) and Orange Monkey Bread.

I make my own granola (I'm happy to share the recipe if anyone wants it), so I've taken to having a cup of Greek yogurt with granola mixed in for a filling (and long-lasting) everyday breakfast.

Edited by Wingnut

Ours is becoming .... let mom seep in on Sat and you may not eat until 10 but it will be a full proper southern spread. Grits, eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuits, gravy, fruit, pancakes or french toast, etc. mmmmmm.. my favorite meal.

Sunday is usually some kind of muffin or egg sandwiches. PB&J on first Sun because the kids can make them themselves. I don't force anyone to fast but I don't cook.

Ours is becoming .... let mom seep in on Sat and you may not eat until 10 but it will be a full proper southern spread. Grits, eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuits, gravy, fruit, pancakes or french toast, etc. mmmmmm.. my favorite meal.

Sunday is usually some kind of muffin or egg sandwiches. PB&J on first Sun because the kids can make them themselves. I don't force anyone to fast but I don't cook.

When can we come over? Minus the grits. I think that is an acquired taste... that I have not yet acquired. :lol:

When can we come over? Minus the grits. I think that is an acquired taste... that I have not yet acquired. :lol:

Grits are awesome! Of course, with milk and sugar....

Okay you Southerners, I felt that!