Delay anniversary stuff for mission stuff?

Backroads

Tomorrow is Husband's and mine anniversary.

My brothers' are also being set apart for their missions (leaving Wednesday) and the family is doing a little to-do about it.

So... would it be so distasteful in the grand scheme of things to delay anniversary stuff in order to support the brothers? (Assuming Husband and I are both okay with it?)

I don't want to break some unwritten rule.

We delay our anniversary celebration all the time. Sometimes we don't even really get one. In fact, I'd guess that we rarely celebrate our anniversary as a couple on the exact date.

We consider our anniversary date to be somewhat sacred. However, when necessity dictates, we're not above moving our anniversary celebration. A milestone anniversary like our 25th might be more problematic, but in general, I think it's not that big a deal.

We consider our anniversary date to be somewhat sacred. However, when necessity dictates, we're not above moving our anniversary celebration. A milestone anniversary like our 25th might be more problematic, but in general, I think it's not that big a deal.

I think I lean towards "gasp! Is that bad?" because I really like dates. It's practically superstition for me.

But... these are my baby brothers.

First I want to wish you and your husband A Happy Anniversary. your Anniversary dates are once a yr. but your brother setting apart for his mission is more like a once in a life thing ok maybe twice..go to your brothers setting apart and the family gathering for that..and kiss ur hubby and give him a big hug and wish him a happy anniversay,quietly.. Make everyday a celebration of your love.p.s u can also try to fit in something special to do for your hubby and yourself possible.

Ditto BenRaines.

We basically do an anniversary week, too, and celebrate on whatever day or days workout best for celebrating. If there's a wedding or funeral that lands on our anniversary, we do it on another date, no biggie. For us, it's more about being able to spend uninterrupted quality time together celebrating our anniversary, and less to do with celebrating on the exact date of it -- after all, we know when we married and for how long :)

Well, we wound up having anniversary dinner today (the restaurant we really like has a Tuesday deal--oh, how we put good deals above romance!), I plan on making him breakfast tomorrow morning, and we shall just go from there!