Our car died, yet blessings have come

MormonMama

Wednesday I dropped our baby off at the babysitters and got in my car to go to work. It started, then immediately died and wouldn't start again. I had to get a ride to work. Turns out it's the fuel pump. As of Wednesday, DH and I had not had a paycheck since the end of January (he's been off with his shoulder, me on maternity leave). We were literally down to our last $100.

Yet many blessings have occurred for us in the days since. DH got his first paycheck the next day and it was about $300 more than we were expecting. I immediately paid tithing on it and the blessings started really rolling in.

All day yesterday I was worried about the car, yet at the same time I kept feeling a sense of peace and a quiet voice in my head told me that it would all work out. Later that day my mom called me. A friend of hers recommended a mechanic she has used for years and luckily enough he lives not even a mile from where my car died, so he was able to use his truck to tow it to his home for free. The fuel pump we need is WAY cheaper than we were expecting and this guy will do the work for hundreds of dollars less than a garage would charge us. The car should be up and running in a few days.

Today we received several refund checks totaling about $75.00 from our insurance company for some over charges. We also found out today that we have received a considerable amount in food stamps with another good chunk coming at the beginning of April (I've been trying to get some state assistance since DH and I both went off work back at the beginning of January!). That frees up grocery money for the next few months, money we can use to pay other bills as well as help us get through the lean summer months when our work hours drop (we're school bus drivers).

It has been an amazing two days! I truly believe that the Lord is blessing us for having faith in Him and paying our tithing, even though the money we paid would have covered the cost of the fuel pump. He provided for us in other ways and we are incredibly grateful!

I gave my wife a 20 for two deodorants she purchased for me and not even cringing about the change and told her enjoy the difference. Walked to the dog park and found a 100 dollar bill lying on the ground two days ago. I almost missed it because it blended so well with the leaves and gravel. I intend to give it to the church, since I did not earn it.

I walked into a groshrie store knowing fully aware, I could end up short on my bank account to pay for my food at the store. I walked out side to my car, and found 120 dollars on the ground. I have already told this store before.

Mona, if you are running your fuel down to the empty on the fuel gauge, you could be over heating your fuel pump and shortening its life. Fuel acts as a coolant for modern day electric fuel pumps. Do not allow it to go no less then 1/4 full to make the fuel pump last a long time.

I gave my wife a 20 for two deodorants she purchased for me and not even cringing about the change and told her enjoy the difference. Walked to the dog park and found a 100 dollar bill lying on the ground two days ago. I almost missed it because it blended so well with the leaves and gravel. I intend to give it to the church, since I did not earn it.

I walked into a groshrie store knowing fully aware, I could end up short on my bank account to pay for my food at the store. I walked out side to my car, and found 120 dollars on the ground. I have already told this store before.

Mona, if you are running your fuel down to the empty on the fuel gauge, you could be over heating your fuel pump and shortening its life. Fuel acts as a coolant for modern day electric fuel pumps. Do not allow it to go no less then 1/4 full to make the fuel pump last a long time.

So do you believe because you told your wife to keep the change that these findings of money happened?

I handed my wife a $20 for gas and told her to keep the change. She laughed, took the rest of my money, and left to take the kids places. I'm soooooo patient. Reminds me of Stan Freberg lamenting how the American housewife takes the money her husband so desperately needs for a new hi-fi and squandering it on food for the children, homogenized milk, or -- a second dress. Darn women.

Well Vort, those are normal needs that everyone has to have :)

But when a husband/wife takes the money and buys a new CAR from a dealership, Buys new Furniture, Buys a new HiFi stereo system, Buys a 1,000 Shed kit Buys a new mattress and many more items not needed, when there is nothing wrong with the old and is two years old..while the other spouse is unemployed and looking for work..that IS a problem.

BTW, happy Easter everyone.

Think of this day when Christ was torture and dragged his cross to the end and what it means to you all. I plan to fly to Isreal some day to see for my very eyes of the ground he walked on and the hill of Calvary.

I have been quite blessed by the LORD. I like to listen to Dave Ramsey about having an emergency fund. We presently have about four months of expenses in an emergency fund saved up.

My wife and I both thought our mini van was on its last thousand miles. We had an oil change on it and it is now working fine again. (Remember to check your oil people!) The oil was so low it was not even on the dipstick. Get that oil changed every 5,000 miles too.

It is sad to me to see so many people struggling in this awful economy. Keep being faithful and may the LORD bless you as you seek to follow Him.