So Called Christian Board

Winnie G

I was looking for the post that recommended members from this board to go to another so called Christian board. I went there and it took only two posts to make me want to scream. I don’t recommend going nor do I think it is even a healthy open board of free exchange of Ideas. I posted twice first and last.

This is part of my last.

In the last few days I spent a lot of time reading the posts here, This is not a place were LDS members can post with out being ridiculed and told your basically dammed.

This is not a open bard were free exchanges of faith takes place were we can learn from each other.

It is not a form were you can stay spiritually healthy.

I recommend that LDS members avoid this. It did not take me 48 hours to see what this is all about.

Save US? Save you from your elitist Christian faith (I'm right your wrong)

You never even asked me simple questions like Hay Winnie what do you see as the Atonement?

No I got (different god and a different Jesus and a different atonement)

(Oh Sorry your wrong)

If this was your idea of worrying about my eternal sole, You can keep it thank you.

One other thing Were in the world did you get this tidbit from? (They believe the atonement happened in the garden not the cross.)

The atonement begins from his birth to the final hours in the garden and ends at the cross, (mortal life) to his glories resurrection three days later.

This is LDS church bashing coated with a thick layer of I have Christian love for you.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheProudDuck

Winnie -- I'm tempted to visit that board and create a little mental havoc in what sound like a bunch of closed little minds.

The atonement begins from his birth to the final hours in the garden and ends at the cross, (mortal life) to his glories resurrection three days later.

Very well put.

I was banned with this msg..

"You have been banned from Christian Forums as a Troll. Your apparent

purpose, as demonstrated in the post copied from LDStalk"

So apparently you can be banned because of your actions on another board. The interesting thing is I told Spencer that I wasn't going to go back (before I even received word I was banned) and that I felt the weirdest feeling there, there's too much hate there, there's no room for the Love of Christ, and 99% of their posts dipict that. I truly feel sorry for them.

All I know is that board made me appreciate our opposers here! We may disagree, but you guys give off a MUCH better vibe than their so-called Christians. I would hug each of you if you were in front of me :)

Guest Starsky

All I know is that board made me appreciate our opposers here! We may disagree, but you guys give off a MUCH better vibe than their so-called Christians. I would hug each of you if you were in front of me 

No kidding!

What's the addy for this board? Im curious what they would say to an exmo future catholic at the site.

Quote: "All I know is that board made me appreciate our opposers here! We may disagree, but you guys give off a MUCH better vibe than their so-called Christians. I would hug each of you if you were in front of me."

I'll personally take that as a compliment.

J

Please, Please, Please, do not copy things that you have posted on other boards and bring them here. It is a serious infringement of internet protocol.

I had to spend quite a bit of time talking to the moderator there about the posts that they took from here to there. Just because they do it doesn't make it right. Even if they don't act like Christians, please let us act like Christians.

That would have been the first red flag. I simply wouldn't post on a board that bigoted. "Christians" like that get off on exclusion and keeping the outsiders quarantined where they don't have to deal with them.

If we did ignorant things like that here, there'd be tears flowing from the non-LDS crowd. And for good reason.........

Originally posted by Winnie G@Mar 19 2004, 10:47 AM

I was looking for the post that recommended members from this board to go to another so called Christian board. I went there and it took only two posts to make me want to scream. I don’t recommend going nor do I think it is even a healthy open board of free exchange of Ideas. I posted twice first and last.

Hi there!

:D

It is okay if I post here, isn't it? I promise that I won't behave on your forum as all of you did on christianforums.

You are going to welcome here, aren't you?

I am free to post as long as I follow the rules, right?

~serapha~

Please, Please, Please, do not copy things that you have posted on other boards and bring them here.  It is a serious infringement of internet protocol.

I had to spend quite a bit of time talking to the moderator there about the posts that they took from here to there.  Just because they do it doesn't make it right.  Even if they don't act like Christians, please let us act like Christians.

Hello Jenda,

You do seem to be finding a new home at christianforums. I guess maybe it is more to your liking now that you realize that the "bigots" aren't really "bigots" and that the members there are capable of discussions when they aren't "attacked" by trolls.

I don't want to be misunderstood here, or misquoted. I am not here to "troll" as most of you were at christiansforums.

I am here to dialogue on subjects concerning the CoJCoLDS's. This is the right place?

BTW, jenda, you need not reply, I see that you are busy on christianforums... someone else may answer

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 19 2004, 09:07 PM

It is okay if I post here, isn't it? I promise that I won't behave on your forum as all of you did on christianforums.

So you don't have a section that is off-limits to Latter-day Saints? I can see why they see such people as bigots..... ;)

We aren't afraid of non-members here, so make yourself at home.

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 19 2004, 08:07 PM

You are going to welcome here, aren't you?

I am free to post as long as I follow the rules, right?

~serapha~

Oh sure, go right ahead and post. Break the rules if you like, were easy to get along with.

Personally I don't think you have what it takes (to make your case) but don't let my humble opinion slow you down...

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 19 2004, 08:14 PM

I guess maybe it is more to your liking now that you realize that the "bigots" aren't really "bigots" and that the members there are capable of discussions when they aren't "attacked" by trolls.

Is that the spin you want to stick with? Cuz I can think of a much more honest way to put it.

I guess maybe it is more to your liking now that you realize that the "bigots" aren't really "bigots" and that the members there are capable of discussions when they aren't  "attacked" by trolls.

If they have sections where members of denominations with whom they disagree are forbidden, they are bigots.

I don't want to be misunderstood here, or misquoted.  I am not here to "troll" as most of you were at christiansforums. 

Great first impression! Start off with accusations and name-calling! :lol:

I am here to dialogue on subjects concerning the CoJCoLDS's.   This is the right place?

You may have to wait until we construct a special area away from the members of our church..... Ha Ha, just kidding, you won't find that small-minded attitude here. You'll find it a refreshing change. :D

Welcome

Originally posted by White Mountain@Mar 19 2004, 08:21 PM

Kinda condescending, isn't it? -_-

Ya think?

It just that I have read a half dozen of serapha's posts. I think I know the drill much better than he/she does. I know what it takes to make the kind of argument that serapha makes and I know how easy it easy to rebutt, I also know the comeback to the rebuttal that serapha will make, I also know how to illuminate the dishonesty in the spin and demostrate the hypocrisy inherrent in the position....

Besides. I can't really condescend to anyone unless they allow me to

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 19 2004, 08:14 PM

Please, Please, Please, do not copy things that you have posted on other boards and bring them here.  It is a serious infringement of internet protocol.

I had to spend quite a bit of time talking to the moderator there about the posts that they took from here to there.  Just because they do it doesn't make it right.  Even if they don't act like Christians, please let us act like Christians.

Hello Jenda,

You do seem to be finding a new home at christianforums. I guess maybe it is more to your liking now that you realize that the "bigots" aren't really "bigots" and that the members there are capable of discussions when they aren't "attacked" by trolls.

I don't want to be misunderstood here, or misquoted. I am not here to "troll" as most of you were at christiansforums.

I am here to dialogue on subjects concerning the CoJCoLDS's. This is the right place?

BTW, jenda, you need not reply, I see that you are busy on christianforums... someone else may answer

~serapha~

You are welcome here, Serapha. I extended that invitation to anyone who wished to come to our board on yours last night. I keep several browser windows open so I can be in many places at once. B)

Originally posted by Snow+Mar 19 2004, 09:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 19 2004, 09:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--White Mountain@Mar 19 2004, 08:21 PM

Kinda condescending, isn't it? -_-

Ya think?

Maybe a little bit.

BTW, those shoes kinda make me dizzy. :wacko: