Life's tough questions. . .

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do smoke alarm batteries always die at night?

Hypothermia! :cold:

Why do smoke detector batteries always go flat at night? - Yahoo! Answers

Of course, if you want a second opinion:

Why do smoke alarm batteries only die in the middle of the night? | Bronx | Yelp

...which features Dr. Gonzo M's enlightened position.........

"Dr. Gonzo M. says:

Because they feed off the ambient photons in your room when there is light out. Sometimes the shadowy robot masters suck away too much electricity at night and they go dead. There is no conspiracy. All hail the robot masters and their smoke detecting progeny."

Edited by Magen_Avot

It's a government conspiracy.

It's all tied into the hot dogs coming in packages of 10 and buns in packages of 8, right? Once I make the final connection with JFK I'm going to publish my book: Bakers, Croup, Coups, and Tubes of Goo: A government exposé

Why, when you find the perfect gift to give, is it always the last one in stock and the packaging is damaged, so it looked used?

Alternatively it's back ordered and won't be available until after the event the gift is for.

Why do kids wait until 11:30 at night to tell you that they need something for a class at school first thing the next morning or they get a failing grade?

True story. A son did that to me. Needed fabric for a class he was taking in middle school. So here I was at Walmart at midnight hoping someone would be there that knew or could cut fabric.

Why do kids wait until 11:30 at night to tell you that they need something for a class at school first thing the next morning or they get a failing grade?

True story. A son did that to me. Needed fabric for a class he was taking in middle school. So here I was at Walmart at midnight hoping someone would be there that knew or could cut fabric.

This has been known to happen at my house, too...