Can someone explain this part of the Articles of Faith?

The 10th Article of Faith states that we believe that the Millennium will come and that there are some mile markers along the way. Are you familiar with the doctrine of the Millennium? How about the gathering of Israel? What about Zion?

I'm not trying to sound condescending, I recognize that these concepts have varying degrees of popularity in the Christian community at large, so you may already have a knowledge base in place.

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably the best explanation I've seen online:

Article 10 | Gospel Doctrine

I didn't know that LDS believed Noah built the Ark in the Americas! Kinda cool, kinda strange.

Is this because Noah was a descendant of Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden was here? I'm assuming Adam and Eve didn't go too far from Eden when they were cast out and that their descendants would be relatively close to wherever Adam and Eve settled. But I'm open to other explanations.

I didn't know that LDS believed Noah built the Ark in the Americas!

Neither did I.

Is this because Noah was a descendant of Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden was here? I'm assuming Adam and Eve didn't go too far from Eden when they were cast out and that their descendants would be relatively close to wherever Adam and Eve settled. But I'm open to other explanations.

Makes sense, though.