Podcasts

Wingnut

The only one I listen to regularly is The Cultural Hall. It's obviously an LDS themed podcast, but not always in a spiritual way. They interview interesting Mormon and non Mormon persons, as well as discuss incidences of mormons in the news. That sounds boring, but it's actually a really fun podcast to listen to. :)

I stopped listening to non-lds podcasts because if it didn't get my blood boiling, it got me to hyped up. So here is a list of podcasts I do listen to:

- Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture

- BYU-Idaho Devotionals

- CES Devotionals for Young Adults

- The Cricket and Seagull Fireside

- The Cultural Hall

- Dialogue - A Journal of Mormon Thought

- Engaging Gospel Doctrine

- The Good Word Podcast - Interview with LDS Authors and Writers

- LDS Talks - BYU Education Week (no longer updated but some good stuff nevertheless)

- LDSBC Devotionals (Also no longer updated)

- The Mormon Book Review

- Mormon Discussion: Latter-Day Dialogue

- Mormon FAIR-Cast

- Mormon Matters

- New BYU Speeches

- Sunday School Bonanza

And websites:

BYU - Provo Devotionals

BYU - Hawaii Devotionals

BYU - Idaho Devotionals

BYU Speeches

CES Devotionals

Southern Virginia University Speeches

Maxwell Institute Multimedia

FAIR Publications

Interpreter: A Journal of Mormon Scripture

The Maxwell Institute Blog

There may be one or two in there that you might like.

I listen to some of the same ones that SlamJet does- there are some excellent ones on that list- I won't name names just so that you'll have to try them all ;)

I would also check out the financial sense newshour if you enjoy market/economic commentary. Steel on steel is also good, although it's actually a radio show and not necessarily a podcast. I can't forget CarTalk either :)

I like podcasts. I spend a lot of time in my car. I have some LDS casts. Mostly I listen to Glenn Beck and what I call kook radio. I listened to Art Bell for a lot of years on the radio. Now there a numerous podcasts out there that cover the same sorts of topics and I d/l and listen to many. If that is your interest let me know and I can give you the names. I also have a huge lecture series on the Roman Empire which I have not started yet. There are also some prepper podcasts I have listened to over the years.

• 6 months later...

So, there are a lot of LDS-related podcasts listed here...what are some favorite "secular" ones you listen to? Like I mentioned above, I really like Lexicon Valley. I also enjoy History in Five Minutes. I listen to a few about TV shows, too.

Edited by Wingnut

Got an LDS podcast app on my tablet that links to a load of LDS themed podcasts but not got round to listening to many of them.

Can you post more info on this app?

I recently began a podcast called LDS Mission Matters. A new episode was posted just yesterday. ldsmissionmatters.com You can listen to it on iTunes or on the site. I am currently looking for content anyone may be interested in.

Also, and Utah based folks want to be interviewed on their mission experience, let me know. At the least this is a great thing to have for posterity.

I also enjoy listening to:

Extreme Genes-Family History Radio-Interesting stories from family history

Dan Carlin Hardcore History-Great history podcast, awesome on road trips

Someone also mentioned Mormon Matters. It is more on the liberal side of the LDS coin, but there is always something insightful that I appreciate.

In terms of non-LDS, Freakanomics is a great podcast.

Do you like audiobooks? If so, checkout Podiobooks.com, it's a website where authors give out free podcast versions of their novels. I love them! Actually, my favorite , Scott Sigler, has gone on to becoming a New York Times best selling author, but luckily still gives out his stuff as podcast novels. I highy recommend the site, and Scott's work.