Would I still be able to go on a mission with a tattoo?

Robb8547

Well I converted a few months ago, I have been doing very well I love the Church and continue to go to services on Sunday, I even got a calling recently. My Bishop and I have been talking about me going on a mission, starting the paper work in a few months and I am very excited I would love to go on one. I did a few stupid things before I converted however, I got a tattoo. Its on my back and its hidden but its a tattoo of a dagger, would that prevent me from going on a mission?

I know nothing of the qualifications of going on a mission besides keeping the WoW and Law of Chasity,

Ah ok. I thought she was a missionary but she's not. She did consider going, though, according to the story. (And she doesn't have full sleeves, but is still very tattooed.)

'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her conversion story in new video | Deseret News

And she got married yesterday. :) She now goes by Al Carraway. At least on facebook.

I used to teach at the MTC. I taught lots of cute missionaries with tattoos. :) Granted most of them were less conspicuous. But from what you've said, I can't even seeing it as an issue for you at all.

Remember, God judges us on our hearts. Don't worry about the tattoo. It represents that past. What is important is the now and who you are and your righteous desires that may be growing inside of you. Go forward without a spirit of fear, but with a spirit of faith and trust in a God that is kind, understanding, and who cares way more about helping you into covenant living than the little design you put on your back. :)

Wait. She's got a tongue piercing, too!? That's my kind of girl! I took mine out, and all my other body piercings after constant badgering from family members. I'll need to share this article and Al's fantastic story - doesn't matter if you have tattoos or body piercings, you can still be a worthy member.

Well I converted a few months ago, I have been doing very well I love the Church and continue to go to services on Sunday, I even got a calling recently. My Bishop and I have been talking about me going on a mission, starting the paper work in a few months and I am very excited I would love to go on one. I did a few stupid things before I converted however, I got a tattoo. Its on my back and its hidden but its a tattoo of a dagger, would that prevent me from going on a mission?

I know nothing of the qualifications of going on a mission besides keeping the WoW and Law of Chasity,

shouldn't. altho such things might be of some influence where you go. (for example, if you have something that's visible and a major gang sign might get you assigned to other areas where it would not have as much meaning to other people.)

If you could (and still) qualify for baptism then there aren't too many things that could keep you from a mission. Like what others have said talking to the bishop is probably best course of action for questions regarding mission worthiness.