New Mexico Man Suing Police Department for Intrusive Search

Still_Small_Voice

What began as a simple traffic stop ended in a humiliating and nightmarish ordeal for a New Mexico man. It won’t come as a surprise to most people why the man has now filed a federal civil rights lawsuit.

The incident began on January 2nd as David Eckert was leaving the local Walmart in Deming, New Mexico. He reportedly failed to make a complete stop at a stop sign, prompting police to pull him over.

The officers asked him to step out of the vehicle and claim the man appeared to be clenching his buttocks, Eckert’s attorney, Shannon Kennedy, told TheBlaze. It is unclear why police removed him from the vehicle in the first place. However, because the cops believed he was clenching his buttocks, they took it as reason to suspect him of hiding narcotics in his anal cavity.

Police officers detained Eckert after a narcotics sniffing dog allegedly issued a “hit” on Eckert’s car seat. Meanwhile, they sought a search warrant for an anal cavity search.

To read more and see documents go to:

‘You Could Never Anticipate This Happening in the United States of America’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Edited by pam

• 2 months later...

DEMING, New Mexico — A New Mexico man will receive a $1,600,000 settlement after police inappropriately forced him to undergo three enemas, a colonoscopy and other anal procedures, the American Bar Association reported.

The city of Deming and Hidalgo County got a search warrant to authorize the examination of David Eckert after he was pulled over for failing to yield to a stop sign when exiting a parking lot in January of 2013, ABA reported.

Read more at:

New Mexico police to pay $1.6 million after forcing man to undergo anal procedures | KDVR.com

When I read this article I thought to myself: "How does something like this happen in America? It is wretched and awful."

I hope the police involved and the police chief who defended these officers were fired. This is an absolute abuse of authority.

I hope the police involved and the police chief who defended these officers were fired. This is an absolute abuse of authority.

Not likely, and even if they were, they'd just be hired by another department. Google up all the messes Terrell Bolton was involved in, and last time I checked, he was chief in at least his third city.

It doesn't surprise me.

This is what happens in GA if you refuse a breath-analyzer test (which is legal, it just means you have a strong possibility of losing your license).

DUI suspects face forced blood draws in some Ga. counties - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

» Shock Video Shows Police Forcibly Drawing Blood Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!