heavenly father

lordie

By the holy ghost you shall know the truth of all things. Have your prayed and studied over these questions?

"and heavenly father is a being how do we know he is a guy ?"

Can a father be a she? Not sure what you are asking. The scriptures always use Him, He, etc.. There is a heavenly mother too. The question is, do you believe the people who claim to have talked with God and have seen Him?

Just as God created the earth as a place for you to live and gain experience, He created you. And gave you a body of flesh and blood in the likeness of His glorified body. In the Old Testament God said, "Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness" (Genesis 1:26). Jacob declared that he had seen God "face to face" (Genesis 32:30). Moses also spoke with God "face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend" (Exodus 33:11). In the New Testament, when the resurrected Christ appeared to His Apostles, He told them, "Handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have" (Luke 24:39).

Plan of Salvation. God's Plan For Your Life & Happiness | Mormon.org

"b4 we were born our heavenly father knew us

i cannot find it in the bible or book of mormon .

"

Its all in there. Have you read it all the way through?

Just a few,

every plant of the field before it was in the earth: Gen. 2:5 . ( Abr. 5:5 . )

you are children of the most High: Ps. 82:6 . ( Rom. 8:16 . )

spirit shall return unto God who gave it: Eccl. 12:7 .

he that giveth … spirit to them that walk therein: Isa. 42:5 .

Ye are the sons of the living God: Hosea 1:10 .

formeth the spirit of man within him: Zech. 12:1 .

we are the offspring of God: Acts 17:29 .

in subjection unto the Father of spirits: Heb. 12:9 .

First spiritual, secondly temporal, which is the beginning of my work: D&C 29:32 .

temporal in the likeness of that which is spiritual: D&C 77:2 .

All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure: D&C 131:7 .

created all things … spiritually, before they were naturally: Moses 3:5 .

beheld the spirits that God had created: Moses 6:36 .

I made the world, and men before they were in the flesh: Moses 6:51 .

spirits … have no beginning; they existed before: Abr. 3:18 .

he stood among those that were spirits: Abr. 3:23 .

Some believe that God, call it what you want, is beyond our weak understanding. If there is truly a divine creator out there, I don't believe I could ever understand it in this life, understand an avatar or incarnation yes because that is what such things are made for. Least I think so.

So many religions, throughout human history, have put human looks to their Gods, or to put a Godly idea onto themselves.

b4 we were born our heavenly father knew us

and heavenly father is a being how do we know he is a guy ?:unsure:

The term "Father" is gender specific.

for a Biblical scripture: Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Some believe that God, call it what you want, is beyond our weak understanding. If there is truly a divine creator out there, I don't believe I could ever understand it in this life, understand an avatar or incarnation yes because that is what such things are made for. Least I think so.

So many religions, throughout human history, have put human looks to their Gods, or to put a Godly idea onto themselves.

And where do you think the notions of G-d come from? What else has so endured history and remained unproven to not have any basis?

The Traveler

I haven't commented to many of your posts. I would like to respond to this portion.

Lakumi, this is the gospel of jesus christ, that YOU CAN know God, you can converse with him as one man does with another, you can talk to him through prayer and hear his voice, that you can have a personal and intimate relationship with HIM.

I promise you that what you wrote is not true, IT CAN and SHOULD be understood in this life. Turn to him entirely in prayer. Ask to know him. He will respond in his own way, his own time, but know assuredly he is your father, he knows you, I promise you this is true. He loves you and knows you.

I have had my doubts. I have not seen him yet, I but he has spoken to me to prepare me to do so. Including through his voice, dreams, and ministering angels have taught me.

Call me a crazy religious person ;). But I believe with every fiber of my body Joseph smith SAW and TALKED with God. That moses, abraham, adam, and all the others did. what does this tell us? That WE can know him too! We can understand him! You CANT talk to someone you DONT understand.

So much so I would give my life as a witness that Christ and Heavenly father lives.

Believest thou that these things are true?

Doctrine and Covenants 76:20 And we beheld the glory of the Son, on the right hand of the Father, and received of his fulness;

21 And saw the holy angels, and them who are sanctified before his throne, worshiping God, and the Lamb, who worship him forever and ever.

22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

23 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—

24 That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.

Can ye deny the witness of men who have entered into his presence? Do you believe that through the power of the holy ghost that he can confirm these truths to you?

b4 we were born our heavenly father knew us

and heavenly father is a being how do we know he is a guy ?:unsure:

You'll find most in the Book of Abraham. however there are a couple of hints in the bible (such as god saying "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee": Jer. 1:5) Well we assume he's a Guy as that's how he's referred to by Christ, and that's how he appeared to Joseph Smith.

know and understand are two very different things.

I know my family, but I don't understand them-I don't understand anybody. Never have, never will.

I did not say I felt no one could know him, but understand-because the sheer idea of the divine is, well just that, a power that is beyond true comprehension.

So I guess I meant more understand what he is, truly is in the grand scale of everything.

No human should be able to understand how God works and does things, like one would a superhero or something. It's like saying man knows God's will-its all up to faith there, that the revelations man has been given is true, and not made up.

One of the things in life I have learned is that there is no argument (regardless of how logical or intelligent) that will change a person's mind about what they think is possible or impossible. In essence if a person believes they can't - it does not matter if it is true or not because they won't even if they could.

What I find interesting is the belief that G-d is great, good and powerful. A being of great intelligence that can do things that we do not understand. I can understand that we could believe that G-d is capable of many things but then in the next thought contend that G-d - despite all his abilities - he cannot (because he is not that smart) able to make things that are "good and right" understandable to man. That G-d is incapable of creating a being that understands and comprehends goodness - assuming that G-d is good.

Can man know G-d? I will answer this question with two scriptures.

• Matthew 19:26

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

• Mark 9:23

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

This bring is back to the thought I had that started this post - If you do not believe you can - then you can't!

The Traveler

• 2 weeks later...