Help Me Find A Verse

I was talking with a couple sister from our ward today. There were over helping me with our newborn son while my mother in law is in the hospital. The were were letting me sleep since my wife is gone all day with her mother. We started talking about an experiance I had recently and it got us talking about pocession.

One of the sisters said that there is a verse that says something to the affect of "If you cast out an evil sprit and do nothing to change your ways then 7 more will take its place"

I just think it is a neat verse and I would like to find it.

• 3 months later...

I was talking with a couple sister from our ward today. There were over helping me with our newborn son while my mother in law is in the hospital. The were were letting me sleep since my wife is gone all day with her mother. We started talking about an experiance I had recently and it got us talking about pocession.

One of the sisters said that there is a verse that says something to the affect of "If you cast out an evil sprit and do nothing to change your ways then 7 more will take its place"

I just think it is a neat verse and I would like to find it.

Luke 11

24When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25 And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.

26 Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

The "house" refered to in these verses is the person who was possessed...The house being "swept and garnished" is not meaning the house is clean, but that it has been prepared to receive guests, which is what we do when we do not change our ways...we allow those spirits to welcome themselves and others back into our lives...this is not just about posession, but also temptation in general...we must make our houses unwelcome to evil spirits and fortify oursleves agaisnt temptation, not just avoid it...

Satan desires to have us and he spends all of his time formulating diverse ways to tempt and destroy us...he comes up with a battle plan...We have to have a plan of defense, not jsut a plan of retreat...otherwise we will find ourselves catering to unwanted company...

I had an inmate ask me to exorcise a demon out of him. He expressed no interest in becoming a Christian. I told him that he would be better off keeping his demon, because should I excise the one, and he chose not to repent, seven more would come in its place.

Ironically, our Catholic priest had told him the same thing. :-)

I had an inmate ask me to exorcise a demon out of him. He expressed no interest in becoming a Christian. I told him that he would be better off keeping his demon, because should I excise the one, and he chose not to repent, seven more would come in its place.

Ironically, our Catholic priest had told him the same thing. :-)

You mentioned inmate and I see your in Seattle...I used to be in the prison branch "presidency" and volunteered at the Twinn Rivers correctional facility, SOC and WSR in Monroe, Wa...Taught Sunday School almost every sunday for three years...Is that what you do? It was one of the best church callings I ever had!