Why are you here?

The Folk Prophet

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was rudely awakened when called to be an EQP and after awhile I wanted to know how some members might feel about things. I was one of those who thought everyone felt just like me... go figure!

I went to a site that was full of members and x-members who went from active (unhappy about something) to believing there is no god. My mind was half blown which equates to 'opened' to a lot of things. In the end it wasn't for me and I ran across this site and found it provided a place to say and discuss things I don't get in the ward.

I've changed a lot since then though. I used to be more, ah... 'direct' and didn't mince much. Not as much like Vort as I might have wanted to be... but challenging to some (which I regret). I've been through a spiritual awakening and thought of myself as 'born again' for awhile, but that doesn't fit anymore. Now I'm a "Come unto Christ" type of person and tend to read op's more than participate because what I might add is already stated.

I stay because it's the only LDS mix I get in the Middle East,... and I'm curious about what the topics of interest are.