What are you (prone to) wearing?

Backroads

Growing up, I would raid my Grandpas and my Dads closet. No hippie stuff, just nice button up shirts, zip up jackets and Sea-man jackets. I still have some of those jackets.

Not much has changed. Trucker hats, button up shirts, odd t-shirts with sayings like "Rub Some Bacon On It" and Val Kilmer playing volleyball from Top Gun. I get my shoes now from YouTube celebs that design their own shoes. Currently I am wearing my "Mythical Shoes" designed by fans of Rhett & Link. I also have Shay Carl shoes (Mormon You Tuber). I like to buy like this because I can feel unique and immediately connect with someone if they know what I am wearing. It also supports those small "indie" type people that have not quite made it too big. Once they go mainstream? I will still buy their stuff.

I was into that whole 1980's 'power suit' thing as an attorney. Now that I'm a professor, I just try to look one notch above my students. I wear pants (no jeans, that's for students) and cute sweaters (but no cat sweaters) and what are called 'casual shoes' - not sneakers (another student thing), but with good soles and comfy. My classes are 3 hrs and I'm on my feet for most of them, so I pick comfort over style, but I do try to get the cutest comfy shoes I can find.

T-shirts...almost always. That probably comes from having to wear a uniform at work.

I used to wear Levi's a lot, then I discovered 5.11 Tactial pants. I love them and they are really comfortable. I still throw on the Levi's occasionally.

If it is summer I usually wear shorts.

Those 5.11 tacticals are the best. I wear 'em at work now, but they will be my 'all the timers' in the near future.

I also like to wear a suit and tie. On Sunday I wear it all day long. Then again, I'd be comphy changing the car oil in the suit too, but my wife won't let me. :D

Those 5.11 tacticals are the best. I wear 'em at work now, but they will be my 'all the timers' in the near future.

I also like to wear a suit and tie. On Sunday I wear it all day long. Then again, I'd be comphy changing the car oil in the suit too, but my wife won't let me. :D

Good for you - I have believed from my youth and it is part of my Sabbath covenant to dress up in respect for the "L-rd's Day". Not just for church. It is most strange to many that even when on vacation and camping in the wilderness and even when unable to attend church - I will wear a white shirt and tie. And I hate ties - hate them. But in part in respect for the Sabbath and in part in respect of my heritage of my pioneer ancestors that while traveling across the wilderness to Zion put on their Sunday Best for the Sabbath day.

The Traveler

Blue jeans, solid color t-shirt, solid color hoodie, and hat (either ball-cap or sunhat depending).

Ha! I wear hoodies at home/stateside all the time.

Don't think twice.

Just went to the UK for work up north a few weeks ago....and went shopping.

As one does.

I was stopped by police as I entered the grocery store, pulled aside very seriously, and asked "What my intentions were."

After much blinking, I handed them my shopping list (milk, eggs, catsup, etc.).

Ended up having a lovely chat once the confusion was sorted.

APPARENTLY wearing a hoody in the UK is akin to wearing gang colors and a ski mask in the US.

So, just like police will stop someone with a balaclava entering a store here stateside, they stop those wearing hoodies in the UK.

Live & learn.

Makes me glad UK police don't carry firearms, though!

Q

So you wear dress pants when you work in the garden or garage?

Yes, if its cool, but this is Texas so most of the year when working outside I wear shorts (and I only wear shorts around the house).

But yes, I worked in my garden last weekend wearing dress pants, its what I wear. I don't like the heaviness of jeans and wouldn't be caught dead in sweats - some women can pull off the 'sweats' look, but IMO a guy should never wear them, they just make you look unkempt.

Edited by mnn727

Yes, if its cool, but this is Texas so most of the year when working outside I wear shorts (and I only wear shorts around the house).

But yes, I worked in my garden last weekend wearing dress pants, its what I wear. I don't like the heaviness of jeans and wouldn't be caught dead in sweats - some women can pull off the 'sweats' look, but IMO a guy should never wear them, they just make you look unkempt.

What part of TX? If I may ask?