Man sentenced to two years of probation Friday for packaging up and mailing cat feces

Still_Small_Voice

Saint Louis man was sentenced to two years of probation Friday for packaging up and sending cat feces to employers who turned him down for a job.

Jevons Brown, 58, pled guilty in August to a misdemeanor charge for mailing injurious articles, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

“This is not a victimless crime,” Assistant U.S. Attorney John Bodenhausen reportedly said in court Friday.

Bodenhausen was referring to postal workers, people who had mail next to Brown’s packages and the employees that ultimately received the feces, the Saint Louis Patch reported.

In court Friday, the 58-year-old apologized, reportedly saying, “I’m sorry. This will never happen again.”

According to the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch, federal sentencing guidelines recommended probation or up to six-months in prison.

His public defender was reportedly happy with the ultimate sentence.

What a Guy Mailed to Employers Who Turned Him Down Will Have You Shaking Your Head | TheBlaze.com

Saint Louis man was sentenced to two years of probation Friday for packaging up and sending cat feces to employers who turned him down for a job.

Jevons Brown, 58, pled guilty in August to a misdemeanor charge for mailing injurious articles, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

“This is not a victimless crime,” Assistant U.S. Attorney John Bodenhausen reportedly said in court Friday.

Bodenhausen was referring to postal workers, people who had mail next to Brown’s packages and the employees that ultimately received the feces, the Saint Louis Patch reported.

In court Friday, the 58-year-old apologized, reportedly saying, “I’m sorry. This will never happen again.”

According to the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch, federal sentencing guidelines recommended probation or up to six-months in prison.

His public defender was reportedly happy with the ultimate sentence.

What a Guy Mailed to Employers Who Turned Him Down Will Have You Shaking Your Head | TheBlaze.com

It wasn't me!!!

This was and is all over the local news.

mailing "injurious" articles?

I can think of hundreds of things that pass thru the US Mail every day that are more "injurious" then cat poop ... Not to mention I frequently mail animal (livestock, fowl/poultry, & K9) poop & body tissues & bodily fluids thru the US Mail ...

Guess the difference is in culpability:

My intent is for Agricultural DNA & Animal Health Testing & Research Purposes whereas his intent was something else...

Yes, the cat poop recipients are victims, but, honestly, to say all those who received mail that had been next to his packages of cat poop are victims?

What does that make all those who receive mail that was next to the packages that I mail?

& for the record, by USPS definition non-human poop/tissues/fluid are not generally considered "hazardous" & normally do not require additional labeling ...

Edited by Sharky