Beginning of 7th millennium

Speakzeasy

O.K., we are at the beginning of the seventh thousand millennium.

1. 4001 - 3000 b.c.

2. 3001 - 2000 b.c.

3. 2001 - 1000 b.c.

4. 1001 - 0 (0 is the same year for both the end of B.C. and beginning of A.D.)

5. 0 - 1000 a.d.

6. 1001 - 2000 a.d.

7. 2001 - 3000 a.d. (Seventh Millennium)

January 1, 2001 is the first day of the seventh millennium. The B.C. ends and the A.D. calendar starts with the same "0" (CE) date. Otherwise the calendar is always count from 1 to 0 (i.e., B.C. 1000-1, 100-1, 30-1 - 0 - 1-30, 1-100, 1-1000 A.D). The transition from B.C. to A.D. is the exception (See: Spring Phenomena 25 BCE to 38 CE — Naval Oceanography Portal)

What event has happen at the beginning of 7th millennium associated with D&C 77:6-7?

I know that I have difficulty with the first seal being opened at the beginning of the first thousand years. It is difficult to see why Adam needed to go ". . . forth conquering, and to conquer" (Revelation 6:2) on a White horse, since Adam and Eve are the only two people present on the earth. Who did Adam go about conquering?

Anyway, the seventh millennium has begun. What was the event that happen that can be applied to Revelation 8:1 when the seventh seal is open, D&C 77:6-7, and clearly understood by man as such?

I know "there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour" (Revelation 8:1). What is that half hour? How does it apply to us on earth?

Can any body give an official list of the events that took place at the beginning of each of the past millennium that can be understood as a cross reference to the Book of Revelation, D&C 77:6-7 and understood by man as such?

Edited by Speakzeasy
Added a comma.

There is no "year 0". It goes December 31, 1 BC - January 1, AD 1.

I agree.

Redo time line:

1. 4001 - 3000 b.c.

2. 3001 - 2000 b.c.

3. 2001 - 1000 b.c.

4. 1001 - 1 (1 is the same year for both the end of B.C. and beginning of A.D.)

5. 1 - 1000 a.d.

6. 1001 - 2000 a.d.

Edited by Speakzeasy
rename chart to time line

Suppose you believe the Earth is like, several billions of years old, like science says it is...

Then where do you start counting?

If the subject is science then we have something in common. However, man has created his own story using science that does not include G_d. With science you can put numbers on a board and throw darts at it. Your guess is as good as mine through method of man made science.

If the subject is science then we have something in common. However, man has created his own story using science that does not include G_d. With science you can put numbers on a board and throw darts at it. Your guess is as good as mine through method of man made science.

It can include God, one can make the same argument of religion (man just creating it)

I believe in a God, that created the earth, not 7000 years ago and without evolution and dinosaurs

There's far less going for Creationism then there is for Evolution and the like, like we found all those primitave human bones... and fossils... While trying to date things isn't a perfect science, it has basis, or else we wouldn't use it.

Suppose you believe the Earth is like, several billions of years old, like science says it is...

Then where do you start counting?

Latest consensus of the age of the Earth is 4.54 billion years, ignoring the finer points of reckoning* by millennium that'd make this the four million five hundred forty thousandth millennium. If you want to reckon based on the age of the universe, 13.8 billion, it's the thirteen million eight hundred thousandth millennium.

*Considering the magnitude of the error in such ages swallows up distinctions on the thousands of years time scale it'd be pretty much impossible to pin down the current millennium with anything resembling accuracy based on such dates. This post is mostly me amusing myself with simple mathematics. It's all quite irrelevant to the purpose Speakzeasy started the thread.

Edited by Dravin

Latest consensus of the age of the Earth is 4.54 billion years, ignoring the finer points of reckoning* by millennium that'd make this the four million five hundred forty thousandth millennium. If you want to reckon based on the age of the universe, 13.8 billion, it's the thirteen million eight hundred thousandth millennium.

*Considering the magnitude of the error in such ages swallows up distinctions on the thousands of years time scale it'd be pretty much impossible to pin down the current millennium with anything resembling accuracy based on such dates. This post is mostly me amusing myself with simple mathematics. It's all quite irrelevant to the purpose Speakzeasy started the thread.

well no matter the margin of error, earth certainly isn't 7000.

We have discovered civilizations older then that

I pointed out the margin of error because it prevents pinpointing a specific millennium with accuracy. I don't recall saying anything about the Earth being 7,000 years old. I find your response a bit of a conversational non sequitur.

Edited by Dravin

Just because I was curious ( I thought the oldest civ was about 6k years ago, and writing was around 5k years ago) I googled and found this as the first hit, 12 THOUSAND year old civilization discovered! | elephant journal interesting at first glance for sure.

Sorry if I'm wandering off topic.

Edited by jerome1232

I simply can't assume that 1000 years means exactly 1000 years or even around 1000 years. I take "millennium" to mean a very long time, longer than we can imagine and who knows it may be a logarithmic scale.

Yeah my dad told me when I was very little "well Lakumi, I am sure God's years are different then ours, why not everyone on the planet uses the same calander, who knows what God uses. A day to him could be a million years"

Joseph Smith once said that it was 5,555,000,000 years from the Council in Heaven until Adam was placed on the earth. As I remember the seals are opened at the end of each millennial era and that they are not exact time frames but may vary by many years from era to era. It has been ABOUT 6000 years from the time Adam came out of the garden.

Jerry

Edited by gfchase

Joseph Smith once said that it was 5,555,000,000 years from the Council in Heaven until Adam was placed on the earth. As I remember the seals are opened at the end of each millennial era and that they are not exact time frames but may vary by many years from era to era. It has been ABOUT 6000 years from the time Adam came out of the garden.

Jerry

First thing I'm doing when I die is asking for a clock:lol:

I think the evidence for the scientific age of the earth vs the the dogmatic claims of it being 6000 year old are overwhelming. I do find it challenging when other members come up with these crazy schemes to keep the 6000 year timeline viable. Standing against that interpretation is a lot of evidence:

1. The Geological record - we have layers of rock that go back billions of years, in the millions of years layers you can find all kinds of lifeforms, including early plants and trees with ring markings in them for age.

2. Space and light - for light to be reaching the earth from other stars, bearing in mind that we know the speed at which light travels it indicates a much older universe by a massive margin.

3. Historical - we have written records that go back beyond 6000 years. There are summerian records far older than that.

4. Carbon Dating - despite poorly informed members arguing about the accuracy of Carbon dating it is pretty darn reliable, and indicates a much older planet.

5. Fossil records - we find not just dinosaurs, but masses of fossils all laid out in an evolutionary order, all set out consistently on every part of the planet. The consistency makes it very clear that the existed over an extensive time frame, and any comments about God using bits from other worlds blah blah blah would mean that he set this up purposely to trick us - which would imply God was the deceiver, which is not possible.

6. Ice Core Samples - Yep, we can take ice core samples that indicate pollution and weather patterns going back hundreds of thousands of years, far beyond that 6000 year mark.

7. DNA - the markers in DNA are reducible. People can be identified in terms of origin by those markers. Markers can be walked back to see how they fit together and have changed over time, the result is estimates of conversion into the African continent, but way way beyond 6000 years ago.

Again, i'll make it clear. If this is some clever trick to fool us, then since the world was laid out with scientific laws by God, and constructed by the Saviour, then the idea that they did it to trick us is preposterous.

Therefore, we are simply discovering more about God and about his plan. Infact, I like to think that science evidences just how amazing God is, far bigger that some creator that made a few species just 6000 years ago. Nope, this world indicates some phenomenal level of design and forethought to link all of the parts together which is far more in keeping with the idea of omniscience IMO.

O.K., we are at the beginning of the seventh thousand millennium.

1. 4001 - 3000 b.c.

2. 3001 - 2000 b.c.

3. 2001 - 1000 b.c.

4. 1001 - 0 (0 is the same year for both the end of B.C. and beginning of A.D.)

5. 0 - 1000 a.d.

6. 1001 - 2000 a.d.

January 1, 2001 is the first day of the seventh millennium. The B.C. ends and the A.D. calendar starts with the same "0" (CE) date. Otherwise the calendar is always count from 1 to 0 (i.e., B.C. 1000-1, 100-1, 30-1 - 0 - 1-30, 1-100, 1-1000 A.D). The transition from B.C. to A.D. is the exception (See: Spring Phenomena 25 BCE to 38 CE — Naval Oceanography Portal)

What event has happen at the beginning of 7th millennium associated with D&C 77:6-7?

I know that I have difficulty with the first seal being opened at the beginning of the first thousand years. It is difficult to see why Adam needed to go ". . . forth conquering, and to conquer" (Revelation 6:2) on a White horse, since Adam and Eve are the only two people present on the earth. Who did Adam go about conquering?

Anyway, the seventh millennium has begun. What was the event that happen that can be applied to Revelation 8:1 when the seventh seal is open, D&C 77:6-7, and clearly understood by man as such?

I know "there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour" (Revelation 8:1). What is that half hour? How does it apply to us on earth?

Can any body give an official list of the events that took place at the beginning of each of the past millennium that can be understood as a cross reference to the Book of Revelation, D&C 77:6-7 and understood by man as such?

Why are you arbitrarily starting at 4000 BC?

The city of Jericho was founded several thousand years prior to that.

Jericho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why are you arbitrarily starting at 4000 BC?

Here is the correction:

4000 - 3001 (1st) [4th millennium B.C.E.]

3000 - 2001 (2nd) [3rd millennium B.C.E.]

2000 - 1001 (3rd) [2nd millennium B.C.E.]

1000 - 1 (4th) [1st millennium B.C.E.]

1 - 1000 (5th) [1st millennium C.E.]

1001 - 2000 (6th) [2nd millennium C.E.]

2001 - 3000 (7th) [3rd millennium C.E.]

"Similarly, the 1st millennium comprised the years AD 1-1000. The 2nd millennium comprises the years AD 1001-2000. The 3rd millennium began with AD 2001 and will continue through AD 3000" (Astronomical Applications Department of the U.S. Naval Observatory).

Here is a nice read from the Astronomical Applications Department of the U.S. Naval Observatory:

The 21st Century and the 3rd Millennium as does another article found at the Royal Observatory Greenwich:

When and where did the new Millennium officially start, and why? : Time FAQs : Time fact files : Astronomy & time : Explore online : RMG

Actually 4000 B.C.E. year is usually thought of as a rough time period. We think we know somethings about this, that or the other when we look back. Methods of measurements vary as do results. Scripture is our best measurement relating to G_ds dealing with man and the creation of the earth.

An arbitrarily guess is what? 10, 100 years? Actually you would be surprised how accurate the seven thousand year above is when taking into account the larger picture. What I mean by larger picture is applying prophecy, from the Bible and Book of Mormon, to history instead of history to prophecy as we want to view it. It is interesting to find out how many questions can be answered.

The earth was not created 4000 years ago. Adam and Eve was created. Taking into account the "7 days" (Gen. 1:1-2:4) that G_d used to create the earth. Apply the one day is a thousand years to G_d (2 Pet. 3:8, Peter was basically correct) then our time period for the earth grows a bit larger. By six thousand years, G_d rest on the seventh day. Men was created after the seven days (after the day of rest). So the time period of seven days would apply to G_ds time frame, not mans.

So why is it that I follow the even millennium time frame? It fits the larger picture. When studying prophecy one must be able to bring history into alignment with prophecy. It cannot be the other way around. The events in prophecy and history bring us into the last millennium, the seventh. That is the 2001 through 3000 thousand year time period.