Anyone For Immegration Reform?

Traveler

I just have one basic question.

What immegration law is the problem and needs to be changed or done away with?

this is something i wish i knew more about to tell people about. It's kinda sad how people now 'n days are blissfully ignorant of issues like these....like me... i think we're running out of jobs and space for everyone in America...so they want no more immigration? something like that last time i heard. But what's sad to me is they are people wanting the best for their families often, and if the tables were turned, a bunch of people would be immigrating to mexico...but what do i know?

We need a 21st century immigration system that efficiently processes legal applications, so that WE can select who comes in, based upon a mixture of skills, resources, family ties, and, yes, humanitarian concerns.

I'm not so worried about the jobs issue, or if we have enough space. It is immigrants, with their higher birth rates (thank you LDS folk as well), that is keeping our nation from aging so much that we are short of workers, and facing negative population growth (Europe and Japan are in near crisis over this issue).

Guest the_big_picture

You Americans dont have an immigration problem, it works fine. Your problem is milions sneaking in illegaly, not migrating but sneaking. You need soldiers on the border, not walls that you can digg under or use a ladder et c.

What we should do is adopt Mexico's immigration laws!!!!!

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/grogan/060605

Let's look at the immigration laws of Mexico:

Foreigners may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country. This ban applies, among other things, to participation in demonstrations and the expression of opinions in public about domestic politics.

Equal employment rights are denied to immigrants, even legal ones, even those with green cards.

Only citizens may serve in the military as officers, on airline crews , and chiefs of seaports and airports.

Members of both houses of Congress as well as the Supreme Court must be a citizen by birth.

Immigrants — even legal ones — may not become members of the clergy.

Foreigners, legal or illegal, may not own land.

Any citizen may arrest illegal immigrants and their accomplices, turning them over without delay to the nearest authorities.

Foreigners, legal or otherwise, may be expelled for any reason and without due process.

<div class='quotemain'>

this is something i wish i knew more about to tell people about. It's kinda sad how people now 'n days are blissfully ignorant of issues like these....like me... i think we're running out of jobs and space for everyone in America...so they want no more immigration? something like that last time i heard. But what's sad to me is they are people wanting the best for their families often, and if the tables were turned, a bunch of people would be immigrating to mexico...but what do i know?

Simple but sweet. There's always been economic and otherwise emigration/immigration, there's always gonna be that.

Why don't the governments of this world just get their acts together, and work together so that the whole of the world can be a great place to live/work, and not just the top few countries! :angry:

Rant over...you may have noticed I'm not keen on governments, lol. :P

What we should do is adopt Mexico's immigration laws!!!!!

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/grogan/060605

Let's look at the immigration laws of Mexico:

Foreigners may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country. This ban applies, among other things, to participation in demonstrations and the expression of opinions in public about domestic politics.

Equal employment rights are denied to immigrants, even legal ones, even those with green cards.

Only citizens may serve in the military as officers, on airline crews , and chiefs of seaports and airports.

Members of both houses of Congress as well as the Supreme Court must be a citizen by birth.

Immigrants — even legal ones — may not become members of the clergy.

Foreigners, legal or illegal, may not own land.

Any citizen may arrest illegal immigrants and their accomplices, turning them over without delay to the nearest authorities.

Foreigners, legal or otherwise, may be expelled for any reason and without due process.

Yeah, wouldn't that be nice.

The thing is we do allow in a HUGE number of immigrants every single year. Legal ones from Mexico alone are over 100,000 per year! There is NOT an issue with them coming here, there is an issue with people breaking the law to get here and they happen to be from Mexico. It would be no different if it was a bunch of Candians coming ocer here and refusing to speak English, only French.

Fianan said: What we should do is adopt Mexico's immigration laws!!!!!

Yeah, wouldn't that be nice.

With all due respect to our neighbors down south, do we really view Mexico as a model for our immigration reform? :blink:

The thing is we do allow in a HUGE number of immigrants every single year. Legal ones from Mexico alone are over 100,000 per year! There is NOT an issue with them coming here, there is an issue with people breaking the law to get here and they happen to be from Mexico. It would be no different if it was a bunch of Candians coming ocer here and refusing to speak English, only French.

Yes, we allow a fair amount of legal immigration. However, our system is antiquated, cumbersome, inefficient, and, it does not allow us to prioritize who WE want to let in very well. It should not take 8-10 years for the bro/sister of a legal immigrant to also immigrate here. If we want them, it should take no more than two years.

I do not condone illegal immigration, but we run our legal system like a "third world country."

Guest Username-Removed

Since Mexico is still separate from the USA, we simply need a way to get them processed as it has already been suggested. The whole illegal thing is troublesome to me. Let the politicians hash it out (oh ya, they dont do that do they) and maybe we can get something that depend only on a fence, a wall, a piece of paper, but a good combination of everything. Im not for locking them out, I just want to make it a legal process.

As far as mormons adding to the population - TRUE THAT! Have you ever been to the McDonalds in Idaho Falls? Nothing but kids in there. When you order, do what I learned to do .... I used to say, "just pick somehing, that way I wont be surprised when its wrong" -- Not once did I get an order right there. So I stopped trying and let them pick! I could go on but I think I'll stop!

It is interesting to me what people believe. I like what PC had to say. There is no reason to change a law that is not being inforced any more than to keep a law that is not being inforced.

I see the main problem in elected officials and citizens that will lie and break the law themself before they will make any effort to inforce and uphold the law.

LDS believe the great power of Satan on earth is to use humans as a source of personal wealth and power. It is the sure sign of evil. Laws are being broken in an organized manner (secret combination) in order to exploit human life and energy. And most of us will relect as our representative such an exploiter. Who then is more corrupt - the elector or the elected?

The Traveler