Gospel And Rock And Roll

Winnie G

Guest Username-Removed

Im gonna listen to Kutless in a bit. I was reading thier bio, they are from Portland Oregon. OMG! I was a manger of a hard rock (I called them hate rock!) a while back - a moment of my life im not real proud of (dont even ask me the name of the band - My lips are sealed!). Anyways, most of my organizing was with getting gigs together betwen the local rock bands. What was I thinking???? LOL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Username-Removed

Kutless is good I like them.

Kutless is good. They have a lot on Napster. Amazing. Their sound is similar to Vertical Horizon - I like them.

Im gonna listen to Kutless in a bit. I was reading thier bio, they are from Portland Oregon. OMG! I was a manger of a hard rock (I called them hate rock!) a while back - a moment of my life im not real proud of (dont even ask me the name of the band - My lips are sealed!). Anyways, most of my organizing was with getting gigs together betwen the local rock bands. What was I thinking???? LOL

LOL

Kuttless is gooooood

I love rock and roll music. I have noticed that many songs are written through inspirations of the gospel and they are favorites and classics. There are very few people who could perform these arts in the style that they are written and sung. But they are works to be cherished.

I love rock and roll music. I have noticed that many songs are written through inspirations of the gospel and they are favorites and classics. There are very few people who could perform these arts in the style that they are written and sung. But they are works to be cherished.

Hallalujah!

Rock 'n' Roll is basically dead and gone just like Hip-Hop. I can just barely tolerate any current so-called music on the radio. The true artists are simply giving up at this point, they are tired of fighting the labels. Who is the modern Led Zeppelin? I would say Tool has about as much skill, but the creativity is lacking. there is just no modern Led.

Who will fill James Brown's shoes? Justin Timberlake? YEAH RIGHT! How about the Jazz greats? Who will fill Notorious B.I.G.'s spot? Is it all lost? Is there hope at all?

I have hopes for a few female singers. I can't even think of a Rock band that will go classic.

Hip-Hop has hope in:

Posted Image

MF DOOM

This guy is a serious poet! Extremely talented and the underground hip-hop world is quickly reaching the consensus that he is #1 on the mic. I offer no argument whatsoever, I believe he is the best right now.

Take a look at this weeks top ten songs and you will see that most of it is programmed, produced, studio music and not anything played by a band. When performed live, it is done either with at least the assistance of a studio track or a total reliance on one with nothing more than visuals and a live vocalization over the studio instrumentals (I give lenience to rappers whose artform is just that of course, but I hope they at least have a good DJ).

The corporate tastemakers have indoctrinated the people to accept factory produced products so that the creativity of the artists is no longer necessary and business can go on as usual in the full control of the big corps.

As far as music in Church is concerned, if you aren't feelin' the hymns in your ward then join the choir and get to work! Those hymns, if performed well, are simply unparalleled in creative and spiritual realms. The melodies alone in some of those hymns are downright soul-wrenchingly moving. Add those lyrics just right and they mean serious business! Rock has no place there, it just ain't worthy.

-a-train

Guest Yediyd

Rock 'n' Roll is basically dead and gone just like Hip-Hop. I can just barely tolerate any current so-called music on the radio. The true artists are simply giving up at this point, they are tired of fighting the labels. Who is the modern Led Zeppelin? I would say Tool has about as much skill, but the creativity is lacking. there is just no modern Led.

Who will fill James Brown's shoes? Justin Timberlake? YEAH RIGHT! How about the Jazz greats? Who will fill Notorious B.I.G.'s spot? Is it all lost? Is there hope at all?

I have hopes for a few female singers. I can't even think of a Rock band that will go classic.

Hip-Hop has hope in:

Posted Image

MF DOOM

This guy is a serious poet! Extremely talented and the underground hip-hop world is quickly reaching the consensus that he is #1 on the mic. I offer no argument whatsoever, I believe he is the best right now.

Take a look at this weeks top ten songs and you will see that most of it is programmed, produced, studio music and not anything played by a band. When performed live, it is done either with at least the assistance of a studio track or a total reliance on one with nothing more than visuals and a live vocalization over the studio instrumentals (I give lenience to rappers whose artform is just that of course, but I hope they at least have a good DJ).

The corporate tastemakers have indoctrinated the people to accept factory produced products so that the creativity of the artists is no longer necessary and business can go on as usual in the full control of the big corps.

As far as music in Church is concerned, if you aren't feelin' the hymns in your ward then join the choir and get to work! Those hymns, if performed well, are simply unparalleled in creative and spiritual realms. The melodies alone in some of those hymns are downright soul-wrenchingly moving. Add those lyrics just right and they mean serious business! Rock has no place there, it just ain't worthy.

-a-train

Saddly, I agree with you about rock n roll...I'm stuck in the 70's myself...as far as joining the choir is concerned...I couldn't carry a tune if I had it in a basket...

Krystal Meyers, Kutless, Tobymac...FLYLEAF! :wow:

Forever classics....

Evenecence too...

Hip-Hop hope is all in Tobymac....

-a-train

Our Ward Choir is just ruined with ambitious prideful people believing they are going to be called to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. They do not sing in harmony; they sing to be heard. (They sound like the Hooterville Band from the old TV series Petticoat Junction.)

We only have the Choir to sing once or twice a year during Sacrament. Choir practice is set the hour before Sacrament.

During Sacrament when a hymn is started on the organ, my ear sometimes hears the inspiration of a harmonica from years gone by.

Metal Face Doom (Get your head out the gutter dawg).

He also goes by the name of Viktor Vaughn.

I know he seems extremely strange, but he is tremendously talented and creative, and he is super-prolific. He has gone boldly into the most dangerous gauntlets of the rap game and has emerged victor without fail. He is no young buck either, he has paid a lot of dues. He will be in the history books for sure, although he will probably never be on the radio.

-a-train

<div class='quotemain'>

dance/techno
Not me. I don't like headaches. :)

then you deffenitly don't want to hear it with flashing lights all around! or dance to it! oh dancing or exersizing with headaces is fun (sarcasum) ^_^

Or when your high on PCP....

....not that I've done it.....nope...*shakes head*

But yeah, I actually go for techno/trance too!

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

dance/techno
Not me. I don't like headaches. :)

then you deffenitly don't want to hear it with flashing lights all around! or dance to it! oh dancing or exersizing with headaces is fun (sarcasum) ^_^

Or when your high on PCP....

....not that I've done it.....nope...*shakes head*

But yeah, I actually go for techno/trance too!

yeah! i think techno is a reason i like dance dance revolution so well! it's mostly techno! and fun with SUGAR!!! SUGAR HIGH!!!!! or lots of coca cola products :wacko:

Guest Username-Removed

There is some great christian rock all over this thread! I Had to do a search and find all the recomendations again.

Thanks!