Purple, lavendar or none of the above?

carlimac

I went VTing today to a lady in my ward who is just great. Love her to bits. But she does glom onto anything fantastic or mind blowing and loves a good conspiracy. She said she has nieces in the OW group who say there is going to be a HUGE demonstration on temple square both this weekend or next. They say we'll be overrun by purple. I currently have tickets to get into the Conference Center this weekend. I'm taking my Primary, YW and young RS age daughters with me. It seems so selfish and inappropriate to hold a demonstration at an event including children.

I think it would be interesting if everyone showed up in purple to dilute and wash out the statement.

Its quite sad that the Ow group will even think to demonstrate on temple square. Not much common cour·te·sy or respect in our world and its just getting worse. It is what it is. Times are getting tougher people are losing their kindness, hearts are getting harder all bad signs. We are in the last days and theres always been opposition and it will just grow more. I say wear purple or lavender if you want. I do not know what they supposely stand for in the Ow group.

I wear alot of purple and lavender I also love the colors of the rainbow and I'm not going to change because some groups took over those colors.

Its quite sad that the Ow group will even think to demonstrate on temple square. Not much common cour·te·sy or respect in our world and its just getting worse. It is what it is. Times are getting tougher people are losing their kindness, hearts are getting harder all bad signs. We are in the last days and theres always been opposition and it will just grow more. I say wear purple or lavender if you want. I do not know what they supposely stand for in the Ow group.

I wear alot of purple and lavender I also love the colors of the rainbow and I'm not going to change because some groups took over those colors.

The OW group has asked women to wear purple to show support for their cause. Such a juvenile and sneaky thing to do. It will only serve as a distraction to the spirit. Anyone wearing purple will be "branded" whether they support OW or not. And many will wear it unknowingly.

I do feel compassion for some of these women because they are hurting and agitated by these thoughts that they need the priesthood. They are lacking peace in this area of the gospel. I, too have had uncomfortable thought processes about some aspects of the gospel at times and it doesn't contribute to a sense of well being. BUT I absolutely disagree and feel frustration about their methods of trying to resolve their issues. It's wrong in so many ways. It's a challenge to feel charity for the ones who are very vocal and obnoxious about it.

:rolleyes:

Isn't green opposite purple on the color wheel? I'm wearing green.

I thought it was yellow. I don't have any idea what I'm wearing. But only own one purple sweater that I'll leave home in my closet. UNLESS I hear of a counter attack of the purple threads fighting fire with fire.

Why bring ourselves to their level with the fight fire against fire. They are getting exactly the attention they want to get for their cause. The best thing is to completely ignore them.

Okay this is one I could get behind. :) A page I follow had the following post meant entirely in humor of course:

I feel I can no longer remain silent. The group "Ordain Women" has inspired me to let everyone know that I am upset with the fact that I cannot give birth to a baby. It is because of this that I have organized a group named "Make Womb for Men". My cohorts and I will be holding a sit-in at the LDS hospital in Salt Lake City during women's conference. We will stay there until the doctors agree to WombMenize us. The sit-in will begin at 7:00 unless there is a tournament game then we will have to reschedule for another time.

Dang. Half of my wardrobe is some shade of purple. Maybe I have some black somewhere.

I went to a function that was picketed by union thugs because their employer was speaking. It was bad enough that they were outside, but that was their right. What really ticked me off was that then they came in and attempted to shut down the event. I hate that kind of behavior. I hope these women don't try to disrupt the meetings.

And yeah, while I think children should be introduced to politics and nonviolent protest (there are often children at pro-life demonstrations), you have to tell them what might happen, you have to tell them what the protest is about - at a level that is understandable to them. I wouldn't want to just go to the Conference Center with a bunch of unprepared kids who might be very disturbed at what they see.

While I have never had the privelage to attend General Conference in person....I was under the impression someone is always protesting outside the conference center during General Conference.....is that correct or incorrect ?

That is correct.

Dang. Half of my wardrobe is some shade of purple. Maybe I have some black somewhere.

I went to a function that was picketed by union thugs because their employer was speaking. It was bad enough that they were outside, but that was their right. What really ticked me off was that then they came in and attempted to shut down the event. I hate that kind of behavior. I hope these women don't try to disrupt the meetings.

And yeah, while I think children should be introduced to politics and nonviolent protest (there are often children at pro-life demonstrations), you have to tell them what might happen, you have to tell them what the protest is about - at a level that is understandable to them. I wouldn't want to just go to the Conference Center with a bunch of unprepared kids who might be very disturbed at what they see.

In conversation with my kids over the years I have often used the term Union Thugs when talking about unions in general.

While I was growing up my Dad was a Teamster truck driver so I heard about unions then and then some.

In conversation with my kids over the years I have often used the term Union Thugs when talking about unions in general.

While I was growing up my Dad was a Teamster truck driver so I heard about unions then and then some.

As far as I'm concerned, the word for union is 'unionthug.' You can't separate them out. :D

I lived in Philly; talk about your unionthugs. I mean people who would cruse the streets looking for work being done, such as a carpenter working on a house, and then beat up the guy if he wasn't union. They almost halted the Convention Center because the electrician's union wanted to be the only ones who could plug in the signs, etc. of the various exhibitors when there was a convention. Unbelievable.

I was a long term temp in a hospital where the clerical staff was union. We had a person who was so disruptive, you could hardly get your work done. Could she be fired? No. Friggin' union rep comes in to protect this idiot's job.

You want the lowest common denominator? You want mediocre? Go union.