Litature

ldsrebel

I love reading! I am writting my own book, here's the preveiw.

Lilly is the queen of Isildon and things are confusing.

She must wed the king of Queshek in order to form an allience to stop a war and can't seem to find "The one."

But that changes when she meets the charming Lord Mason, he's all the things she's wanted and more.

But a few days before the wedding she and her friend and maid, Katalina, are kidnapped by bandits.

Together they enter a whole new world, and this world offers the excitement both have been craving.

But is it too much?

Lilly soon finds that maybe Lord Mason isn't the right one when she meets Colton.

Third in line to leader, Jezzera, he is just as stubborn as she is.

Annoying but charming at the same time.

Katalina too faces temptation in the form of a bandit.

Ramoth Black.

Second in line and compleatly oppesite of her personality.

And things get even stickyir when Katalina and Lilly start to form a bond with the band.

Can these two worlds come together?

©2007 ~beautyfulgrace

For more of my stuff see www.beautyfulgrace.deviantart.com

She must wed the king of Queshek in order to form an allience to stop a war and can't seem to find "The one."

But that changes when she meets the charming Lord Mason, he's all the things she's wanted and more.

But a few days before the wedding she and her friend and maid, Katalina, are kidnapped by bandits.

Together they enter a whole new world, and this world offers the excitement both have been craving.

But is it too much?

Lilly soon finds that maybe Lord Mason isn't the right one when she meets Colton.

Ramoth Black.

And things get even stickyir when Katalina and Lilly start to form a bond with the band.

©2007 ~beautyfulgrace

If you are serious about getting your work published - I suggest you find a reading group for writers trying to get published. They will work with you to insure your manuscripts are formatted correctly - publisher will not look at any manuscript not formatted correctly. And they will offer advice associated with your writing style and target audience. Many groups have published authors that donate their time to help others.

The Traveler

<div class='quotemain'>

But is it too much?

Ramoth Black.

©2007 ~beautyfulgrace

If you are serious about getting your work published - I suggest you find a reading group for writers trying to get published. They will work with you to insure your manuscripts are formatted correctly - publisher will not look at any manuscript not formatted correctly. And they will offer advice associated with your writing style and target audience. Many groups have published authors that donate their time to help others.

The Traveler

That would be so cool!

My friend has somthing like that, I'm gonna ask about it.

What did you think?

Guest the_big_picture

But is it too much?

Ramoth Black.

©2007 ~beautyfulgrace

Seems like something I would like to read :sparklygrin:

Sounds promising.

As a writer and reader, I'd suggest the following to keep in mind:

1.) Make the hero the person with the longest distance to go emotionally/mentally/etc... Give them room to "arc." They must offer the most conflict or they won't be the strongest character we care about the most.

2.) Make the antagonist/s more powerful than your protagonist/s. As you increase the strength of the bad guys, the good guys automatically increase in importance and we root for them more.

3.) Remember: "In media res." Begin in the middle. Start with an image or action that will hook our attention.

4.) How your protagonist resolves his/her dilemma/problem becomes the theme of your story. If the hero tracks down his wife's killer and executes him, the theme is "revenge." If your heroine tricks the villain into a trap using money as bait, the theme is "greed is self-destructive," etc...

5.) Clearly state your hero's goal in the setup (beginning of the story).

6.) Ask yourself what your protagonist/s are most afraid of. Incorporate this into the dramatic premise.

7.) Make sure the reader knows "what's at stake" if the protagonist/s fail. Increase the stakes and you increase the tension.

8.) Read your dialogue while covering up the character's names. Can you tell who is talking by their verbal tics, pacing, vocabulary, etc...? Avoid making your dialogue sound like a one-note sonata (someone pounding the same key on the piano over and over). Give the reader some way to keep track of who is who by the way they talk.

9.) Omit the unnecessary. Aristotle called it "unity of action." If you can remove a chapter or scene without affecting the storyline, it's unnecessary baggage. Cut it. All action and scenes must relate directly to the plot and the conflict/resolution at the end.

10.) Avoid using adverbs. Show, don't tell. Instead of saying, "He angrily placed the cup on the table," try substituting, "He slammed the cup on the table." Use strong verbs.

11.) Last but not least: Spellcheck! Nothing turns off a reader (meaning someone who vets potential material for publishers/producers) or editors faster than egregious spelling errors.

I'd love to read your draft/s as you develop your story. Good luck and happy writing! B)

p.s. If you're really serious, check out the Elements of Fiction Writing series of books. They are all well worth the money for a beginning writer who's honing their craft.

11.) Last but not least: Spellcheck! Nothing turns off a reader (meaning someone who vets potential material for publishers/producers) or editors faster than egregious spelling errors.

Yes please :P

Literature not litature..

Sorry just picking..heh

Other then that I have no suggestions...I don't read fiction books.

Sounds promising.

As a writer and reader, I'd suggest the following to keep in mind:

1.) Make the hero the person with the longest distance to go emotionally/mentally/etc... Give them room to "arc." They must offer the most conflict or they won't be the strongest character we care about the most.

2.) Make the antagonist/s more powerful than your protagonist/s. As you increase the strength of the bad guys, the good guys automatically increase in importance and we root for them more.

3.) Remember: "In media res." Begin in the middle. Start with an image or action that will hook our attention.

4.) How your protagonist resolves his/her dilemma/problem becomes the theme of your story. If the hero tracks down his wife's killer and executes him, the theme is "revenge." If your heroine tricks the villain into a trap using money as bait, the theme is "greed is self-destructive," etc...

5.) Clearly state your hero's goal in the setup (beginning of the story).

6.) Ask yourself what your protagonist/s are most afraid of. Incorporate this into the dramatic premise.

7.) Make sure the reader knows "what's at stake" if the protagonist/s fail. Increase the stakes and you increase the tension.

8.) Read your dialogue while covering up the character's names. Can you tell who is talking by their verbal tics, pacing, vocabulary, etc...? Avoid making your dialogue sound like a one-note sonata (someone pounding the same key on the piano over and over). Give the reader some way to keep track of who is who by the way they talk.

9.) Omit the unnecessary. Aristotle called it "unity of action." If you can remove a chapter or scene without affecting the storyline, it's unnecessary baggage. Cut it. All action and scenes must relate directly towards the plot and the conflict/resolution at the end.

10.) Avoid using adverbs. Show, don't tell. Instead of saying, "He angrily placed the cup on the table," try substituting, "He slammed the cup on the table." Use strong verbs.

I'd love to read your draft/s as you develop your story. Good luck and happy writing! B)

p.s. If you're really serious, check out the Elements of Fiction Writing series of books. They are all well worth the money for a beginning writer who's honing their craft.

Thank you so much!

Yes please :P

Literature not litature..

Sorry just picking..heh

Other then that I have no suggestions...I don't read fiction books.

Yeah, my spelling ######...

I don't know why.....

It bothers me tho...

<div class='quotemain'>

But is it too much?

Ramoth Black.

©2007 ~beautyfulgrace

Seems like something I would like to read :sparklygrin:

I will probably post it at that site, I'd love some feedback on my other stuff if you wanna. :)

Thanks for reading that!

Rebel, good luck with your writing. I take it you're into Fantasy? I suppose the only hint I can give, for grammar at least, is to read plenty of books so that your brain starts to remember spellings and grammar. Also, reading a few really good books of a similar nature to the one you wish to write will give you good ideas, ways of working with the text etc. which you can adopt in your own piece...without stealing their stories, of course, lol. :)

CK, that list you provided was very useful. I know you're into photography/video editing etc. are you also into writing? (I suppose you must be, if you're making little films! )

Yep, writing was my first love. Originally I wanted to be a novelist. However, I am quite visual and love creating graphics and imagery, so the natural shift was towards movies. That allows me to write (script) and create compelling visuals (cinematography).

I have several books on fiction writing and scriptwriting. When I want to learn something, I try to immerse myself in the subject. Here are some books I own which have been quite useful.

FICTION WRITING

1.) How To Write Science Fiction & Fantasy

2.) Conflict, Action & Suspense

3.) Characters & Viewpoint

4.) Beginnings, Middles & Ends

5.) Scene & Structure

6.) Plot

7.) Writing the Modern Mystery

8.) The Crime Writer's Reference Guide

SCRIPTWRITING

1.) Writing Your Screenplay

2.) Making a Good Script Great